Soothing and Breaking

I like you, I like you, I like YOU

Yesung walked over to Ddangkkoma’s tank and place the turtle back inside. Kangin had shooed them all back in their respective rooms but that didn’t stop their worry. Yesung turned around to see Ryeowook collapsed against the door his small frame shaking with massive sobs. Without a thought Yesung sank next to him wrapping him in comforting arms. Ryeowook lifted his head to look blearily at Yesung tear tracks staining his face. Yesung pulled him closer rubbing his back. Ryeowook pressed his face in to Yesung’s chest tears soaked up by the soft material of his shirt.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

Kyuhyun sack back down in front of his paused Starcraft game but he didn’t unfreeze it. He sat staring blankly at the screen. Sungmin on the other hand had not moved from the door frame.

“What do you think happened?” Sungmin asked gaze planted on the floor.

“Who knows?” Kyuhyun replied.

“But why would Heechul-hyung do that?”

“It’s Heechul-hyung”

“But--”

“What do you want? What do you want from me? Do you want me to read his mind? Well I’m sorry but I can’t!” Kyuhyun exploded spinning around toward Sungmin. Sungmin stared at him eyes glistening with unshed tears about ready to fall. Kyuhyun saw and his flame petered out. He watched as Sungmin sank to the floor tears spilling over, cascading down his face little liquid crystals. Kyuhyun fell out of his seat next to Sungmin and went to wrap his arms around Sungmin in a hug. Sungmin twitched away.

“Don’t touch me!”

Kyuhyun froze; he’d never seen Sungmin like this before and especially not because of him. Sungmin was crying heavily now giant wrenching sobs tears increasing in size burning down his face. It hurt in Kyuhyun’s chest to watch. He pulled Sungmin to him. Initially Sungmin resisted but Kyuhyun’s determination and warm arms won out. Sungmin collapsed.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

Ryeowook’s eyes were puffy red and sore but he was no longer crying. Yesung helped him up and sat him down on his bed holding his hand gently. Yesung stepped away letting go Ryeowook made a strangled noise in his throat reaching after him blindly. Yesung came back and placed something small and alive in his hands. Ryeowook looked from Yesung to Ddangkkoma resting in his hands, gaze confused.

“He always makes me feel better,” Yesung hurriedly explained Ryeowook just stared at him. “He’s so soothing to me. I hope that he helps you too.” Yesung rubbed the back of his neck cheeks turning lightly pink. Ryeowook looked back at the turtle in his hands, the most adorable thing he had ever hated.

Seeing the other occupied Yesung picked disgustedly at the front of his shirt, not so much as the tears but the uncomfortable sticky wet clingy feeling. He grabbed another shirt pulling the damp one off over his head ruffling his hair so it had the appearance of just having rolled out of bed.

Ryeowook looked up after catching movement out the corner of his eye. What he saw left him breathless and red, Yesung had been changing his shirt so what Ryeowook had seen was Yesung’s . His eyes wished to linger but he forced them back to Ddangkkoma’s shell.

“Hyung?” he asked

“Yeah, Wookie?” Yesung plopped next to him, gentle fingers petting Ddangkkoma’s little head.

“Um…d-d-do u-u-u-u-u-you - ” he tried to start but the sight of Yesung's back invaded his thoughts breaking his train of thought and coherency.

“Calm down Wookie” Yesung placed a hand on Ryeowook's shoulder, a reassuring action. Ryeowook dropped his chin to his chest bangs falling in front of his face hiding his flush.

“Do you think Heechul and Hankyung are okay?”

“I don’t know” Yesung replied sadly.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

Where the hell is that dumb buff god fanatic? He was supposed to help me rehearse. He is going to die, Shisus is going to DIE! He lashed out with his foot in his anger and it connected with the wall, rather hardly. Kibum yelped and grasped his foot hopping up and down. There was a knock at the door just then. Kibum hopped over to it and yanked the door open to reveal Shindong standing there holding a bag of chips looking concerned.

“You okay?”

“No.” Kibum growled.

“What’s up?”

“Siwon was going to help me prepare,” Kibum flapped the script in his hand. “But then he decided to drop off the face of the earth.” He finished the free hand raking through his hair.

“You’re not worried about Hankyung and Heechul hyungs?”

“Of course I am but what can I do? They would both kill me if my acting suffered from it. So what else is there but to practice?”

“So do you want me to help?” Shindong asked crunching down on a chip.

“Would you?” Kibum asked hopefully. Shindong nodded putting down the bag of chips.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

“You okay Hae?” the one in question looked up from his knees though the arms of his giant monkey that he was currently clutching for dear life. He sat before it between its arms hugging the arms.

“I don’t know”

Eunhyuk kneeled down before him looking him straight in the eyes, the delicious chocolate pools. Donghae looked back at him.

“I’m worried about Heechul-hyung,” Donghae said sadly. “And Hankyung-hyung. Did you see his face Hyukkie? He looked broken. What happened?”

“No one knows”

“Don’t you care?”

“I am worried too but it seems like more than that is bothering you.” Eunhyuk nudged the topic lightly.

“I-I-I uh n-no its n-nothing!” Donghae spluttered pressing his face into one of the arms, face reddening to match his arm pillow.

“Are you sure?”Donghae nodded but Eunhyuk didn’t believe him but forcing him was a certain way to never find out.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

“Do you really think that either one of them would do that?” Kangin asked as he pulled a fretting Eeteuk into his arms on the pure white bed.

“No,” he paused as he curled up against kangin’s chest. “But it’s obviously that he believes it.”

“How did he come to this conclusion?”

“Apparently Zhou Mi told him”

“What?!”

“Yeah, the question is what’s going to happen now?” just then the leader’s phone lit up vibrating in a circle on the side table.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

“I’m sorry.” Kyuhyun said rubbing circles on the others back, when he received no reply he gently shook Sungmin's shoulder. “Hey, Hyung, did you hear me? I said sorry.”

“I heard.” Sungmin’s voice was muffled against Kyuhyun's chest. Kyuhyun waited for more to be said and just as he was about to ask again Sungmin pulled back stopping the words in his throat. “And I don’t accept it.” He continued moving away.

“Hyung?” Kyuhyun stared at him tears pricking his eyes now.

“No,” Sungmin’s voice wavered. “Don’t talk to me. Don’t touch me.”

Kyuhyun watched Sungmin pull his favorite pink beanie down over his head, pop his ear buds into his ears, and curl up on his pink bed. That was all Kyuhyun could do, watch. Suddenly his tears spilled over, he cried silently where Sungmin had left him on the floor one hand clutching his chest. Hyung is mad at me, so mad at me. Why did I do that? Why did I let my anger go like that? Why am I such an idiot? Why is hyung so mad at me? I’m sorry. I’m so SORRY! Sungmin-hyung please forgive me. Please, please, PLEASE HYUNG!

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

“What’s happening, Angel?” Kangin asked gaze questioning.

“Get everyone in the living room, we need a band meeting.”

“Who was that?”

“Our manager”

“What? Why?”

“You’ll find out.” Eeteuk rubbed his face wearily.

“Is it bad?”

“Not bad per say but important”

“What’s going on?”

“Just get everyone in the living room, love.” Eeteuk ended the conversation lightly kissing Kangin and getting off the bed.

Eeteuk padded down the hall way. He paused outside of Heechul’s door on his way to the living room. He knocked.

“Chullie? We are having a band meeting please come out.” He was greeted by silence, sighing he continued on down the hall. Heechul is hurting I just hope he’ll come. Eeteuk had just sunk into one of the arm chairs when Kangin entered.

“They’re coming but I couldn’t find Siwon or Hankyung anywhere.”

“They both need to be here” he laughed wryly pulling out his phone. The phone rang only twice before it was answered.

“Hyung?” the phone quality was weak but the voice clearly recognizable.

“Siwon, where are you?”

“With Hannie”

“Is he okay?”

“No”

“We need you both to come to the living room, its important” Eeteuk sighed it was as he figured.

“How important is it?’’

“Very”

“I’ll try to get us there, but I can’t leave him right now.” Siwon said voice quiet.

“I understand.” Then he clicked to end button and hung up as the other members began to enter the room. First in was Yesung tugging Ryeowook behind by his hand, the sat in the other arm chair hands still together. Next were Eunhyuk and Donghae who sat right in the middle of the couch. Shindong followed carrying a bag of chips sat beside Eunhyuk. Kibum rereading his script sat down by Donghae. Sungmin entered next taking the open space by Kibum at the end of the couch. Kyuhyun came in slowly and took the other side of the couch next to Shindong. Both their eyes red, clearly from crying.  Kyuhyun looked over at Sungmin but Sungmin didn’t look his direction. Then surprise to all Heechul quietly entered, not looking up he perched on the edge of the love seat.

“What’s going on Teukie-hyung?” Eunhyuk asked stating the question on everyone’s mind.

“Wait a moment-” he began to reply just as Siwon and Hankyung made their entrance. Siwon was leading Hankyung with an arm around his shoulders. Hankyung looked like a zombie that no longer had control of his own body tears still streaming down his cheeks. Heechul dashed from the room. The sound of a door slamming stunned all to silence. Siwon glanced at Hankyung who was ready to collapse. Eeteuk stared after Heechul sadly.

“Now that everyone is here you should find out why I called this meeting” he started and everyone’s eyes grew curious. “I just received a call from our manager. He told me some good and bad news. Super Junior M will be going on a brief press tour in the major cities of China for example Beijing, but the bad news that you leave tomorrow and will be gone for over a month.” They all stared at him with wide eyes and open mouths. “This means that you need to pack now, your flight leaves Incheon Airport at six am tomorrow.”

“Why didn’t we get any heads up?” Donghae cried incredulous.

“I can’t say all I know it what our manager told me.” Eeteuk replied “Now go get packed you haven’t much time.”

Eunhyuk and Donghae rose and proceeded down the hall. Yesung tugged Ryeowook back to their room. Kyuhyun stood and looked over at Sungmin, who remained seated. Sungmin must’ve felt the look Kyuhyun sent his way but he didn’t look pulling his beanie down further.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

After very few hours of sleep the next morning rose dark for the members of SJM as they piled in the car with their suit cases for the drive to Incheon. All were silent.

 

 

Ahhh T^T gotta repost all the chapters sorry it took me so long.