You are so Smooth you Make Satin Seem Rough

I like you, I like you, I like YOU

Shindong stood in front of the door to Kyuhyun and Sungmin’s room now conspicuously missing the former. Their leader had asked him to abandon his breakfast and wake the pink lover, also known as his best friend. So, of course he willing left, only because it was his best friend, to get him with a piece of toast in his hand. Knocking ridiculously obnoxiously with both hands toast held precariously held between his teeth. “Oi, Bunny ! It’s morning get up!” Frowning when he received no answer. Fingers pushed the door open to find red eyes peering at him from the head of the pink blanketed bed.

 

“Min?” the eyes looked away and the toast was forgotten in the fingers. Shindong wasted no time closing the door and striding to the bed. “You look like crap. Did you sleep at all?”

 

Sungmin closed his eyes pressed his face to his knees which were drawn up to his chest held there by hands grown pale from lack of blood flow knuckles white from the tense clutching. There was a tiny little movement that shifted his hair from side to side. A no then.

 

“Okay,” Shindong gruffed one hand nudging Sungmin’s head. “Speak.”

 

“Why?” the soft spoken word was muffled but Shindong heard.

 

“Because something clearly happened, and I care about you.”

 

Sungmin pulled his head up and propped wearily on his knees. Sad lines creased his face and pain swam in his eyes making it hard for him to remain looking at Shindong. The big man shifted to sit fully on the bed the blanket rucked and caught under his legs but neither cared. It took so long for Sungmin to speak Shindong thought for a moment they’d sit there all day but the whisper caught him by surprise.

 

“I called.”

 

Shindong watched the slowly blinking of Sungmin’s red rimmed eyes and the soft sniffles that made his nose twitch every so often. He wanted to prompt for more but he knew Sungmin would reveal all in due time. That didn’t stop the impatient fingers raking through his hair, the forgotten toast crashed into his forehead crumbling down his nose. Puffing and wiping it away with more impatient flicks and a mumbled curse. The actions got a flicker of a smile to the pouting lips.

 

“I called Kyuhyun, but he didn’t answer.”

 

“He didn’t?” The surprise in Shindong’s voice made the brown eyes shoot over.

 

“No, I should have known that he wouldn’t he hasn’t been answering them for over a week.” The derisive tone and of one nostril in a sneer showed that Sungmin blamed himself for believing different.

 

“Yeah, I noticed that.”

 

“But it wasn’t just that he didn’t answer but Zhou Mi.”

 

“You adore Mi.” to that Sungmin snorted. “Wait, did you even talk to Kyuhyun?”

 

“…no.”

 

“Smooth, very smooth Min.”

 

“But I-”

“No, you crazy loon! You can’t think that that means anything if you didn’t talk with Kyuhyun himself. What the hell is going on between you two?” Shindong flailed around his hands making emphatic movements to punctuate his words.  Sungmin gaped at his friend doe eyes wide, slowly returning to normal from the irritation from crying. His mouth opened and closed a few times unable to answer the question. His brain remembering everything Kyuhyun, a sad little smile turning up his lips.

 

“Sungmin, are you in love with him?”

 

The air into Sungmin’s lungs rose his shoulders, the tiny almost soundless gasp leaving his lips in an ‘o’ shape. His eyes huge breath held in that gasp of realization as he turned to look at Shindong like a deer caught in headlights.

 

“Oh my god, you do. You love Kyuhyun.” Shindong ever one to voice the obvious.

 

“Smooth.” He said after a time, mostly because he seemed unable to say anything else. What else could he say? That his heart beats faster at the notion. The angry feeling in the pit of his stomach now has a name, jealousy.

 

“Oh yeah? You’re about as smooth as a boulder.” Shindong shot back, just the slightest bit sarcastic.

 

“You’re as smooth as a shag carpet.” They giggle a little Sungmin’s knees falling down a bit muscles tense and shaking from staying in the same position for too long.

 

“Well, you’re so smooth you make satin seem rough.” Shindong said the sarcastic infection implying the exact opposite. The two giggled again more than before turning into full blown gales of laughter, Tears of mirth streaming over Sungmin’s cheeks.  When they calmed down Sungmin looked up at his friend and breathed in deeply.

 

“You should call him again, and actually talk to him this time.”

 

“But-”

 

“You called him for a reason before, just do it again.”

 

“Do-do you think he’ll forgive me?”

 

“I surely do”

 

“But…oh god, I-I lo- ,” Sungmin, bit down on his lip unable to say that out loud yet. “What if he doesn’t feel the same?”

 

‘Never know until you try.”

 

“Oh, that’s so much help.” Sungmin drawled sarcastically and pushed the bigger man’s shoulder.

 

“What else do you want me to say, Min? I don’t know about him. I can’t tell you what he thinks or feels. I just don’t know. However, you should try. Otherwise you’ll never know.”

 

“Oh wise sage teach me your ways.” Sungmin said with a giggle, scooting over he threw his arms around Shindong. Squeezing tight he whispered “Thanks.” Before he let go and leaned back against his pillows.  Shindong patted his shoulder with an easy grin.

 

Several quick raps on the door made both flinch forgetting the reason Shindong was there in the first place.

 

“Breakfast is almost gone!” Leeteuk’s voice drifted through the door.

 

“Oi, get your up.” Shindong pushed Sungmin standing up, leaning over his pushed bouncing Sungmin on the bed. “Food!” Shindong cried. Laughing happier than he’d been for the last few weeks Sungmin pushed the big man away with a socked foot and followed him out.

 

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

 

“Heechul, are you going to come out today?” Leeteuk asked the door hoping that the man behind it would respond this time. He sighed leaning against the wall, “Do I have to talk through the door again?”

 

The door handle turned and opened just a crack, no words but an obvious invitation to come in if a bit reluctant. Slipping into the room and closing the door with his back the leader leaned against the wood smooth on his palms. The room was a total mess, the two beds had been pushed and used as one. Clothes and trinkets littered the floor shoes and books piled about shoved about like they’d been kicked or thrown in a fit of rage. The closet spilled out and shelves where awkwardly half empty. In the middle of it all Heechul lay as a lump in the middle of two beds face pressed into the black pillow, a red one lay just behind him.

 

“Chullie?” the lump made a noise. With a deep breath Leeteuk carefully picked his way through the mess to climb onto the bed behind the man-ball. “Chullie, you can’t stay in here forever.”

 

“Yes, I can.”

 

“No,” he laughed one hand reaching out to poke the lump somewhere in the side. Heechul jerked flopping over to glare up at the 10-day-older man one hand still clutching the pillow. “You really can’t.”

 

“I want to.” Heechul said before lifting the pillow and pressing it over his face holding it there with both hands breathing deeply the scent embedded there.

 

“I know you don’t want to face the world and that you miss Hankyung but you still have schedules to attend. You are still Super Juniors diva. Unfortunately life goes on even when bad things happen.” Leeteuk placed his hands on the two holding the pillow and guided the pillow down to see the face wrecked from days of neglect, several day’s worth of stubble on his cheeks dark puffy circles under his eyes. “Heechul, have you looked in a mirror?”

 

Heechul pouted and forced the pillow back up. “He couldn’t deny it. Teuk, he didn’t deny it. What am I supposed to do? I don’t want to live without him. I love him.” His voice was choked and thick behind the stuffing and fabric.

 

“Maybe it’s not what you think it is.”

 

“What if it is?” Heechul yanked the pillow away and sat up sheets falling from his shoulders in a tumble around his waist too large shirt hanging haphazard over one shoulder. “What if it is exactly what I think? What do I do then?”

 

“Forgive him?”

 

“Oh, yeah right!”

 

“Chul! You didn’t even let him explain. You just threw him out. Wait for him to get back then hear him out and until then get your out of bed, clean yourself up, and get on with your life! You have responsibilities, we all do. So put on a happy face, slap on a smile, and pretend everything is fine.” Leeteuk finished voice a bit louder than when he started, one hand held out waiting. The other looked away from the intense gaze studying the texture of the pillowcase. He looked back tears pooling but not falling over. His throat worked, Adam’s apple bobbing as he swallowed. Looking down at the hand still waiting he slipped his in and the shook.  

 

“Good, now get your out of bed and brush your goddamn teeth.”  Leeteuk climbed back off the bed careful not to step on anything.

 

Heechul laughed weakly, a few tears dropped to his hands as he blinked to clear them away. Looking down drew his attention to his hands. Lifting them he examined them then exclaim. “God you are so right, look at my nails! This needs fixed ASAP.” Rolling like a log he flounced into a standing position a shirt under one foot un-socked, the other a book and socked. The leader chuckled softly as he followed the sweeping diva from the room. Moments later the bathroom door slammed shut.

 

Leeteuk looked down the hallway arms crossed over his chest a self-satisfied smile bringing that dimple out to play. Big warm arms wrapped around him from behind. Leaning his head back onto the shoulder he looked up Kangin. “Looks like you got through to him finally.” Was the warm rumble that vibrated all the way through his. Leeteuk nodded pressing a kiss onto the big man’s jaw.

 

“He just needed a kick that’s all.” Leeteuk said arms unfolding to rest his hands on those heating his stomach their fingers tangling together.

 

“A Teuk-style kick?”

 

“But of course.” They giggled a bit standing together in the hallway Leeteuk leaning back into Kangin’s chest. A cough behind them sent the two flying apart. Whirling his hair following in a flip Leeteuk stared wide eyed at the one responsible Kangin leaned against the way as casually as he could. Yesung just peered at them for a moment before walking past. Frowning when the bathroom door was closed, looking over his shoulder with a quirked eyebrow.

 

“Who’s in there?”

 

“Um…” Leeteuk coughed and stuttered a bit. “Uh, Heechul.”

 

Yesung’s eyebrows sky rocketed eyes wide under them. Yesung nodded faintly and continued on pausing before the door to his room. “By the way have you seen Ddangkkoma?”

 

Kangin and Leeteuk immediately looked at the floor, so fast they could have given themselves whiplash, eyes searching for the turtle. Yesung’s laughter made them look up to find the man gone. Their gazes met before those little crinkles at the side of their eyes appeared and they were both laughing. Ah the life of Super Junior may it ever be just as odd.

 

 


See I told you, normal posting schedule. Now we take a look back to life at the dorm after all the craziness. This is the day after Sungmin’s failed call to Kyuhyun but that was a few days into the trip so I write this at the idea that it’s a week or so into SJM being gone.

Hope you liked it!

Please tell me what you think, it’ll make my day.

~Tye