D-Day

When the Stars Align
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D-Day

Baekhyun stares at the man in the mirror. He’s pretty sure he should be smiling, or at least dripping in nerves and excitement, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. His mind can’t help but wander back to three nights ago. The gaping hole that it reopened when he stood in the doorway, waiting for her to run out of her room, but she didn’t. Baekhyun blankly makes eye contact with his reflection, as if asking it if this was the right thing to be doing. He glances at the lifeless tie in his hand. He could still vividly remember Nari’s nimble fingers tying the fabric around his collar.

“You still haven’t finished getting ready?” Chanyeol’s booming voice interrupts the silence of Baekhyun’s dressing room. Immediately, Baekhyun plasters a smile on his face, hoping there was at least some type of sincerity shown through it.
“I can’t believe the perfect Byun Baekhyun still can’t tie his own tie.” Chanyeol snickers as he offers his assistance. Perfect Byun Baekhyun. It was a heavy title, even to this day.
“There are other things to learn and worry about other than tying ties.” Baekhyun retorts, handing the accessory to his best man in defeat.
“Luckily, you’ll have a wife very soon to do this for you.” Chanyeol points out. Baekhyun only gives a tight-lipped smile in response, standing silently as Chanyeol begins to adjust the tie.

“Ten minutes!” Jinju pops her head into the dressing room after sending a couple knocks against the door. The bright smile on her face explaining her excitement and sending encouragement to the groom. She slips into the room, a familiar tablet in her hands.
“Nari let you hold her tablet? Doesn’t she kind of need it?” Baekhyun asks the junior wedding planner. From his understanding, the tablet was core of all Nari's wedding plans. Jinju’s face beams with accomplishment as she raises the tablet in the air.
“Nari is finally letting me handle the wedding day operations for once.” She announces. Baekhyun blinks. Not exactly understanding Jinju.
“She had personal matters to tend to today so she left it in my hands to finish the project. Don’t worry though, I learned everything from her so your special day will run just as smooth.” Jinju assures the groom with a thumbs up before rushing back into the hallway.

Personal matters? Or was she just avoiding him now? Baekhyun furrows his brows. He wasn’t ready to never see the wedding planner again. He was expecting at least today to be his final farewell, but she stole it from him.
“This is for the better. You can walk into the married life without anything from your past holding you back.” Chanyeol says with a firm nod. Baekhyun doesn’t look at his friend and simply goes back to checking his reflection.
“You make a good point.”

 

Baekhyun doesn’t know how it happened, but he’s standing at the altar beside the officiant, staring into the eyes of his soon-to-be wife. Dasom’s jet black locks were skillfully pinned in place as the glittery material of her veil cascades down her back. Her anticipating gaze could not be torn off Baekhyun. The adoration that overpoured from those caramel irises, only egged on the unsettling sensation deep within the groom.

Nam Dasom. The woman had entered his life a little less than a year ago, much to his friends’ determination to get him over his first love. Nam Dasom was his attempt at moving on with his life, even if he didn’t want to. Over the past year, Baekhyun had become used to Dasom being around him. They went on dates, met each other’s families, kissed, hugged, and all the other good ole couple things, but Baekhyun was only running t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter