D-28

When the Stars Align
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D-28

Frustration. That’s all Nari has been bathing in for the past two days. Whatever made her agree to accepting this fiasco of a challenge, she regrets it now. It’s been two nights of sleeplessness trying to contact all her venue connections to find an open availability. The dark roast espresso on her desk doesn’t make a dent in her energy either.
“Soogeun, you can’t make an exception for me? I’m Seo Nari, Seo Nari, I bring in a quarter of your venue’s yearly profits alone.” She argues over the phone, her voice pleading for an opportunity to fall into her hands. She rolls her eyes in irritation when the venue manager insincerely apologizes and offers up ridiculous excuses. Nari may be at fault for asking for last minute venue availability, but Soogeun’s sorry excuses for not opening up his venue on a Sunday for her was not enough.
“I’m not asking you to always be open on a Sunday. This is an emergency. You can trust me; we’ve worked together for two years now.” Nari tries to convince him again.

Knock! Knock!

Nari glances up from her desk, catching a glimpse of a face in the small door window. Her body seems to momentarily lose function. She can’t tell if her heart is beating fast or if it has just stopped altogether.
“Soogeun, please think about it. I have to go now.” She speaks into her phone in an exasperated sigh before ending the call. Nari clears and attempts to stress the wrinkles in her button up shirt out. Let’s just say Seo Nari was not always put together when working in the office away from clients.
“C-come in!” She calls out, silently cursing herself for stuttering. As soon as she sees the door handle begin to turn, she averts her eyes to the mess of documents sprawled on her desk. Her hands frantically search for a folder or pencil to keep herself looking busy. A few fleeing moments skip by. Nari doesn’t even have to look up at him, her body just knew that he was only a few steps away from her.

“Have you both already decided on a color scheme?” Nari asks as she mindlessly runs her line of sight across the messy scribbles on her notes. Baekhyun sets the large binder of colors

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter