D-22

When the Stars Align
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D-22

The savory aroma of traditional Korean dishes flowing into the dining room from the kitchen floods into Nari’s senses. As a wedding planner, Nari has had her fair share of wedding menus from the simple pasta and salad to ethnic Brazilian cuisine, but her favorite menu would always be Korean. To her delight and surprise, Dasom had expressed her preference for a traditional Korean menu for the wedding. Nari had unconsciously been planning for some fancy foreign dinner for them based on the bride’s initial expectations.

Again, it’s almost as if her body has some type of sensor built in, because she locks eyes with Baekhyun as soon as he steps through the restaurant entrance. His gaze is hardened, and she doesn’t blame him based off how their last meeting played out.

“The food already smells amazing!” Dasom excitedly exclaims as she takes her seat at the dining table, leaving Baekhyun with no choice but to sit directly across from Nari.
“This restaurant caters the best Korean dishes, wedding planner’s honor.” Nari comments, raising her hand as if she’s making a pledge. The bride giggles, but the groom remains stoic.
“Anyways, I’ve already placed an order in for the menu tasting based on previous experiences with the caterer.” And based on what she knows Baekhyun likes, she unconsciously adds in her head. Nari slides over the burgundy velvet menu for the couple to look at.
“But if you see anything in the menu that you would like to try as well, please let me know.” The planner insists.

Nari watches, like a complete outsider, as the couple peer into the menu, their heads on the verge of bumping into one another. She can’t help but steal a glance at how Baekhyun’s hand securely rests on Dasom’s waist as he nods very engagingly at her comments. It hurts. He must’ve felt her stare because his eyes flicker up from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter