ONE

When the Stars Align
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 1

Warm, but not overly toasty, sun brightly lit peering from behind a thin layer of white clouds, a gentle breeze to create natural movement. The perfect day for an outdoor wedding. Nari doesn’t have time to take in the flawless environment though as she has bigger things on her plate to handle first, like the timing of a thousand fresh rose petals cascading from the vast sky. Her eyes saunter back and forth between the happy couple standing at the altar, hand in hand, eyes twinkling with adoration, and the several drones hovering just meters above their heads. Her lips move silently as she mouths the officiant’s words along with him.

“I, Seo Kyungmin, by virtue of the powers vested in me by the Marriage Act, do hereby pronounce you Kim Yoora and Kang Taeoh to be married.”

As soon as that last word leaves the tip of the officiant’s tongue, Nari immediately speaks into the Bluetooth in her ear, not missing a beat to signal her tech assistant to release the rose petals from the drones' clutches. Nari observes with triumph as the first of the petals gently trickle onto the bride and groom as their lips touch. Another success in her track record. The crowd of wedding guests burst into applause and whistles, completing the picture-perfect wedding atmosphere that she promised the bride and groom.

“I’m so relieved the ceremony went smoothly.” Jinju, Nari’s second-in-command, sighs with relief as she watches the newlyweds dance their way back down the aisle. Nari simply nods in agreement before checking her leather wristwatch.
“You can handle the rest of the cleanup coordination, right?” Nari asks, in which Jinju confirms with a thumbs up.
“Of course, you know you can count on me.” She adds with a wink. Jinju had been Nari’s helper from the beginning, stumbling upon Nari when she was a one-woman team trying to get her hands on any wedding event she could.
“Great, I’ll see you back at the office then. I have a client meeting at 4.” Nari waves her hand in a final motion before leaving the newly unified couple and their loved ones behind.

 

Nari can see the woman from all the way down the hallway. The bold fuchsia dress could probably be seen from down the street, honestly. Right off the bat, Nari could tell that this was going to be a demanding bride. That’s okay though for that was Nari’s expertise. She could make anything happen if the bride asked for it. Nari rolls her shoulders back and gently fixes her blazer in preparation. She runs her hand over the top of her curls, pushing back any stray strands into their place. First impressions were important. With a friendly smile stretched across her pink lips, Nari begins to make her way to the bride.
“Hi, I hope I didn’t keep you waiting too long.” Nari greets the woman before unlocking her office and gesturing her guest to enter.
“I just arrived before you, no worries.” The bride voices out as she takes a seat in front of Nari’s desk. She takes off her sunglasses, while waiting for Nari to settle down. She had to be one of the prettiest brides Nari has ever worked with. Her porcelain skin was a stark contrast to her ink black locks and her wide, doll-like eyes blinked expectantly.
“Seo Nari, CEO and lead wedding planner of The Perfect Moment Events. What can I do for you today, Ms. Nam?” Nari quickly gets down to business, as per her straightforward style.
“You can just call me Dasom.” The woman states. Nari nods her head, most of the brides she’s worked with had the same preference.
“What can I do for you today, Dasom?” She asks again. Dasom smiles as she raises her left hand, displaying the large diamond ring resting on her ring finger. It was a bigger diamond than most brides.
“I want you to plan my wedding. I only trust your expertise.” Dasom answers.
“I’ve been keeping up with your work for the past 4 years. I wouldn’t imagine any other wedding planner.” She adds.
“That’s sweet of you. Do you have a date in mind?” Nari asks as she pushes the tip of her pen to her notebook.
“June 18th, 2021.” Nari glances up, a look of disbelief pointed at the bride.
“2021?” Nari repeats aloud, to which Dasom gives a prompt nod.
“You do realize that’s only a month away, right?” Nari points out, her brows furrowed in concern.
“Of course, I do, I’m so excited.” Dasom replies, seemingly apathetic about the short timeline that she has presented the weddin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter