D-14

When the Stars Align
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D-14

Nari must be crazy. This wasn’t on her list of provided services, so why was she standing outside of a men’s boutique? She had tried explaining to Dasom that advising on the groom’s fashion wasn’t in her realm, but the bride insisted that Nari do so being the renown wedding planner she was. The bride reasoned that she couldn’t trust Baekhyun with finding his own suit for the wedding. Unfortunately, Nari couldn’t argue with that either. Formalwear had never been Baekhyun’s style and the times that he did have to polish up? Well, let’s just say Nari would shove him back into his wardrobe, refusing to be humiliated by his poor fashion choices. After failing to pass on the task on to Jinju for the past hour, Nari finds herself anxiously waiting.

Nari’s body acknowledges Baekhyun’s presence before her eyes do. That tingling feeling beginning to make an appearance within. Baekhyun awkwardly stops in front of her, their eyes meeting before she tears hers away.
“Sorry to keep you waiting.” Baekhyun says, still watching the woman avoid his gaze. If she was trying to convince him that she was unaffected, she was failing, and she knows it. Gathering up all the courage from within, she brings her eyes back to his. His gaze was overpowering, but she wasn’t going to lose.
“I just arrived right before you did. Let’s go inside.” Nari moves, but Baekhyun’s hand reaches the door first, pulling it open for her. She doesn’t know why that action causes her to falter in her steps, but it does.
“Ladies first.”

Nari goes straight to business as soon as the doors close behind them. This was the best boutique in town for men’s formalwear. She always eyed the charming tuxedos that lined the store window whenever she walked around this part of the city. Although she didn’t personally help choose the groom’s outfit, she did make sure to recommend this spot. Her fingers trail against the high-quality fabric of a nearby blazer. The silky lining brushes her fingertips, stirring excitement in her. Who knows, maybe she will add this into her wedding planning services. Like a housewife on a no-limit shopping spree, Nari randomly grabs any item of clothing that catches her eye.

“Aren’t you supposed to ask for my preferences?” Baekhyun speaks up from behind her. She had almost forgot that she was here with him.
“Please, we both know your taste in formalwear.” Nari snickers as she pulls another dress shirt from a rack. Baekhyun’s heart softens at her unexpected playful response.
“Then don’t you need to know my size?” He asks, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed as he attentively observes the woman, his gaze melting more and more as the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter