D-5

When the Stars Align
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D-5

Nari squints her eyes at the unfinished floorplan before her. Due to scheduling, tonight was the only time for her visualize the layout for the reception party. Unfortunately, the venue workers were running around tearing down the setup from the previous event that just ended. Not having a blank canvas was frustrating. She presses her tablet pen against the screen, frantically erasing the messy rough draft of her plans from view. With everything that Dasom requested for the reception, this was going to take some immense adjusting. Some way somehow, Nari had to fit a photobooth, ice sculptures, an enormous dance floor, lounge area, and an over-the-top ice cream bar in this one space. Not to mention the amount of florals that the bride was asking for as well, but this was Seo Nari: Wedding Planner of the Year, and she lived for challenges. With determination blazing in her brown irises, she returns to sketching.

Nari the wedding planner was interesting. Baekhyun couldn’t tear his gaze off the woman across the room. The minor furrow in her brows as she concentrated on drafting, the way her wavy, midnight locks flowed over her shoulders like a waterfall, and most of all her eyes. She was dedicated and the zeal twinkling in her eyes brought satisfaction to Baekhyun. She had finally discovered her passion.
“She’s amazing, isn’t she?” Jinju giggles beside the groom. Baekhyun nearly chokes on the empty air, his face flushing a deep hue of pink. Was he just caught? He glances down at the assistant, when did she even get there? Quickly, gathering his thoughts he clears his throat.
“I’ve never seen someone so dedicated to their job.” Baekhyun says, his eyes trailing back to the wedding planner.
“Too dedicated if you ask me.” Jinju mumbles with a loud sigh. Baekhyun raises a brow, looking at the assistant for further clarification.
“She’s not Wedding Planner of the Year for no reason. The woman barely eats a proper meal. I wouldn’t be surprised if she goes home and goes straight to finishing up the details instead of dinner. She lives and breathes wedding planning.” Jinju explains with a shake of her head. Baekhyun neglects to suppress the concern that falls across his face.

 

Nari lets out an exhausted sigh as she gently places her tablet back in its snug compartment. She glances at her watch: half past eight. Dinner was not in her plans today, especially with the Byun wedding only days away. She’s slings her bag over her shoulder, ready to make her leave when Jinju appears.
“The Byuns invited us to get dinner with them since it’s so late.” Jinju tells her boss.
“Jinju,” The assistant’s name comes out as a warning.
“You know how I am before weddings. There’s still a lot of stuff to coordinate.” And she doesn’t want to be within proximity of Baekhyun more than she already needs to be.
“Mr. Byun was adamant that he’d treat us out and that you had to be there since you’re the head of all the planning.” Jinju responds, pushing off Nari’s excuse. The wedding planner glances at the man a few paces away. For someone days away from being married, he had a lot of other plans.
“Plus, I haven’t eaten all day.” She adds with a tiny pout. Nari stares emotionlessly at her second-in-command.
“It’ll only be a quick bite. Then we can leave.” Jinju insists, hands clasped and eyes begging. Nari rolls her eyes before shrugging past Jinju towards the exit. Jinju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter