- 3 - The Arrangement

The Transfer

It's unbelievable, Heejin thinks, that for once she wanted people to stop flirting with her.

In years past, Heejin has had her fair amount of admirers. As ridiculous as it may sound, there has never been a day during the school year where someone hasn't come up and flirted with her.

But over the course of the first week, students have been approaching her at a rate she wasn't prepared for.

The last time she felt such a high rate was after she came out as biual and girls, albeit not as much as boys, started flirting with her too. (At least they were a bit more softer with their advances.)

Now, it was like the only time she would be left alone was in the solace of her own room.

It was becoming to get a bit too much. Suffocating, almost. 

At first, she loved the new abundance of attention and found ways to deal with it. After all, she hoped at least one person out of everyone would stick out to her and keep her attention, but now each student kept bringing up a sore subject. Somewhere along their conversation, the other person would always bring up Hyunjin in some way shape or form.

"Hyunjin can't treat you like I can." "What does Hyunjin have that I don't?" "In case Hyunjin breaks your heart, I'll be here to pick up the pieces."

(Heejin scoffs at the idea of Hyunjin causing her any strong emotional damage. What an unrealistic thing to say.)

So, now not only was she overwhelmed with the amount of people approaching her, but each conversation would be tainted by the mention of the Slytherin.

This made her wonder whether or not it was because of her date with Hyunjin that had caused such an increase of interest in her from other students. They must think that now that Heejin had finally accepted to go on a date (even though it was only as a form of an apology), she'll probably be more open to going on dates with others from here on out.

One student in particular never stopped bugging her.

Shin Ryujin.

If you needed to find a human embodiment of the phrase 'Never gives up,' Ryujin is your girl.

For as long as Heejin could remember, Ryujin (who just so happens to also be a Slytherin) would always flirt with her at any given moment despite the countless rejections Heejin has given her. She appreciates the girl's efforts, but Ryujin would keep flirting with her to the point where it got down right annoying.

Still, she puts up with Ryujin after all these years and allows their current conversation to continue. She was tuning out the other girl for the most part, until of course, she brought up Hyunjin.

"I don't get why everyone is so obsessed with her."

At least someone agrees with me, Heejin thinks.

"She is really hot though," Ryujin pauses, realizing her slip up. "N-Not as hot as you of course! You will always be number one in my heart!"

Heejin quietly scoffs as she walks away from her.

----- Saturday Night -----

She's looking at herself in the mirror when she hears Yves whistle.

"For someone who isn't excited for their date, you sure dressed up."

"Well, it's my very first date so I at least want to look nice. Just know I'm dressing up for myself and not for her," Heejin says defensively.

Heejin thought her outfit was actually quite simple. Her hair was up in a loose bun and she was wearing a baby pink blouse underneath a blue jean jacket along with white pants and sneakers. She didn't want to wear anything too over-the-top considering that she has zero clue as to what she was going to be doing with Hyunjin (which is at her own fault).

Speaking of her date, it was almost seven and Heejin was actually starting to feel a bit nervous. She tries to shake it off as she gives herself one final look in the mirror before turning to her friends.

"Well, wish me luck and pray that I won't die of boredom."

"Oh come on Heej," Gowon starts. "It's your first ever date! I remember my first date with Olivia and it was one of the best nights of my life. Just give her a chance, it's not like she's really done anything bad to you."

Heejin knows that Gowon has a point, but there's just something about the Slytherin that absolutely bothers her. 

"She's stealing my spotlight and that's reason enough not to," she tells her friends (and to herself).

-----

She's late.

It was ten minutes past seven and Hyunjin was nowhere in sight. She thought about heading back up to the dorms until she finally spots the Slytherin speed-walking towards her.

"I'm so sorry," Hyunjin pants out once she reaches her. "It's just I had no clue where the Tower was and whenever I asked someone for help, they'd flirt with me. Like what? It was weird. Anyways, I just followed some Ravenclaws around hoping at least one person would be heading here. I'm pretty sure I creeped out the girl I followed, but at least-"

"Hyunjin, it's fine," Heejin stopped the girl from rambling. "Let's just go, okay?"

The taller girl nodded and started to lead Heejin away from the Tower.

With Heejin walking a step behind Hyunjin, she had the chance to take in what Slytherin was wearing.

She looked fairly simple as well. Hyunjin's hair was in loose waves that cascaded over a white button-up with the long sleeves rolled-up a bit up her forearm. Then, it was paired with ripped black jeans and Nikes.

Heejin would've said that Hyunjin actually looked quite cute, but didn't want to give the girl the satisfaction.

After following Hyunjin aimlessly around the castle for quite some time, she took a moment to take in her surroundings and was soon very confused.

"What in the world are we doing on the seventh floor?" Heejin asked as Hyunjin appeared to be looking for something.

"You'll see," the other girl replies as she approaches a blank wall. "I know it was around here somewhere."

Heejin rolls her eyes behind Hyunjin's back as she thinks that the girl must be crazy, "I have been up here plenty of times and I assure you that there is nothing-"

Suddenly, a door appears in the wall that Hyunjin was inspecting.

Heejin's jaw dropped, "I-Is that...Y-You found the Room of Requirement?!? I've been looking for this room ever since my first year! H-How did you-"

"I was exploring the castle, trying to get familiar with it," Hyunjin starts to explain. "When I was up here, I was thinking about where our date was going to be because I had no clue where the students could go around here."

Heejin just listens in astonishment.

"Next thing I know, these doors pop-up out of nowhere and when I went in, it was like it read my mind. It had everything I needed and well...," Hyunjin looks at Heejin with a soft smile. "I'll let you see for yourself."

Hyunjin opened the door and lets Heejin walk through first with tentative steps.

The Ravenclaw couldn't stop the gasp that fell from her lips as she stepped inside.

The room was lit up by dim fairy lights that were dangled across the ceiling as well as a lit fireplace at the center of the opposite wall for support.

At the center of the floor was a spread-out blanket accompanied with a few board games and a picnic basket.

Heejin couldn't believe it.

It was... perfect.

She was never one that was into grand dates, instead she had always imagined small and intimate settings and this was exactly that. And the fact that this was what she got for her first date, she was speechless.

"Do you like it?" she hears Hyunjin approach her from behind.

Heejin's thoughts were broken as she turned to look at the owner of the voice and a small pout formed on her face.

If only it were with the perfect person.

"Crap," Hyunjin mutters before sounding a bit saddened. "You don't like it."

"No, it's... it's actually quite nice," Heejin reassures her and releases a sigh. "Let's just get this over with, shall we?"

Once the pair were in comfortable positions on top of the blanket, Hyunjin pours the two of them some hot chocolate while Heejin looks through the games.

"So-uh, do you like what you see?" Hyunjin asks.

Heejin's eyes widen at the girl's statement, "Excuse me?"

After a few seconds, Hyunjin understood why the girl was so shocked.

"Oh-OH! I-I wasn't referring to myself!" She says frantically, "I was referring to the games!"

"Yeah, sure you were," Heejin says sarcastically, not believing Hyunjin's explanation.

Considering their last interaction in the courtyard, Hyunjin wasn't surprised at Heejin's immediate shift in mood.

"You know, you're not how people put you out to be."

With the Ravenclaw's curiosity now piqued, she responds. "And how exactly are people describing me?"

"They act like you're a goddess around here," Heejin smiles at the words, but it soon vanishes as Hyunjin continued. "Yet clearly you're quite the opposite. I was looking forward to getting to know you, but now I think it'd be a waste of time."

If looks could kill, Hyunjin would be a goner.

"You think I'm a waste of time?" Heejin says angrily. "Tell that to all the people who've been approaching me ever since I agreed to go on a date," Heejin holds up air quotes at that word, "with you!"

"Are you trying to make me jealous by telling me that other people are flirting with you?" Hyunjin teases, unaffected by the fact that Heejin was really starting to get pissed off.

"In your dreams!" Heejin says in astonishment. "You know what, you should be feeling bad instead. Because of you, I've yet to have a moment to myself whenever I leave Ravenclaw Tower. They all think I must be emotionally available now ever since I decided to agree to this," Heejin gestures to their surroundings. 

They stare at each other in silence for a while, an odd tension growing between the two.

"You've got a point."

"Really?" Heejin says in disbelief. She didn't actually think that Hyunjin was going to take responsibility of something she had zero control over. But since she did, Heejin quickly composes herself. "I mean, yes. Yes, I do have a point."

"Well, how about I help you out then to make up for any hardships I may have caused you," Hyunjin sincerely offers.

Interesting, Heejin thinks as she starts to sip on her hot chocolate. Maybe I can use this to my advantage. Make her do something embarrassing perhaps? 

Before Heejin can make any suggestions, Hyunjin beats her to it. 

"Let's pretend that we're together."

Heejin nearly spits out her drink, "What?!"

"Let's act like we're each other's girlfriend. Right now, people know that this date doesn't exactly mean that you're no longer single. So in their eyes, not only are you still available, but like you said, there's been an overwhelming increase since it also seems like you're more willing to go on dates."

"So, you're suggesting that-"

"If we tell everyone that we're official, hopefully they'll respect our relationship and stop bothering you. That way, you'll get to walk around the castle without constantly having to look over your shoulder."

Heejin hates to admit it, but what Hyunjin is saying actually makes sense. 

I guess I could get a break from all the flirting for a while... especially from Ryujin. Yves and Gowon would stop teasing me too. And on paper, Hyunjin and I would make an amazing couple. Hogwarts' It Girl with the Quidditch Prospect who shocked the world by being the first female student at Durmstrang? That alone would put me under such a spotlight that I've never experienced before-

Omo-No. Am I really considering this!? There's absolutely no way... right?

"Is this some joke? Am I being pranked right now?" Heejin looks around the room, searching for non-existent cameras.

"Look, it was just a suggestion. All I'm saying is that it's a pretty darn good solution to your problem. We only have to pretend for as long as you want to, of course."

"Well, what's in it for you?" Heejin asks skeptically as she crosses her arms. "There's no way you'd sacrifice your dating life to simply help me. You've literally only been here for a week."

"I have my own reasons and I'll leave it at that. I'll help you and you help me," Hyunjin grins. "So, are you up for it or not?"

As much as Heejin dislikes the girl, the pros seem to outweigh the only con: Hyunjin. 

It's only for a few months and at least Hyunjin is decent looking...ew...

"I can't believe you're actually serious about this. You want to fake date, but you don't even know my last name," the Ravenclaw laughs mockingly. 

"How about you tell me what it is so we can start setting up the ground rules?" Hyunjin raises an eyebrow. 

It was then when Heejin heard Gowon's voice in the back of her head. 

"Give her a chance."

This was probably not the situation that Gowon had meant it for, but she guesses it was a sign. 

Heejin sighs, "Fine. It's Jeon and firstly, absolutely no one else can know about this."

"Of course, Jeon. Second, I need us to last at least until the end of winter break. If you want to go longer, that's fine with me."

"Odd request, but sure. I doubt I'll need you any longer after that anyways. What about our backstory? Everyone knows why we went on the date, but how did we make it official?"

"Oh that's easy! You fell for my charms and you couldn't possibly say no when I asked you to be my girlfriend," Hyunjin says playfully. 

"Impossible. Can you at least make it sound a bit more romantic?"

"How about you kissed me," Hyunjin pauses after seeing Heejin pull a face. "Okay, I kissed you and it left such an effect on me that I just had to ask you to be my girlfriend?"

"That's better."

"Oh! Speaking of kissing, how do you want to handle PDA?"

Heejin froze at the thought. When she agreed to this scheme, she completely forgot that they'll have to do that in order to make their relationship look real. But she felt like it was too late to back out now. 

"Okay-um, you can initiate anything that you think is necessary," Heejin says a bit shyly. "As for kisses, pecks on the cheek or my-um forehead is fine. But for the lips, only I get to initiate them, okay?"

Hyunjin nods in understanding before adding on with a bit more serious tone, "That's fine with me, I'm up for whatever works best for you. Just make sure to tell me if I do anything that makes you uncomfortable right away and I'll stop immediately."

Heejin nodded in return.

"No other rules?" Hyunjin asks. "No cliché 'don't fall in love with me'?"

"We don't need it because you don't like me in that way and I definitely do not like you in that way," Heejin says plainly. "So neither of us need to worry about that."

"So I guess we're really doing this, huh?"

"You're the one who suggested it," Heejin says matter-of-factly.

"And you're the one who agreed to it, Jeon," Hyunjin counters. 

Soon after, the pair decides to play a few rounds of Jenga because this was technically a date.

They would go back and forth when it came to winning. With both being so competitive, the loser would always demand another round after a defeat. Finally, Heejin managed to pull off two wins in a row which caused her to jump up in joy.

"Game over, er!"

"You cheated!" Hyunjin let's out with a scowl. "You purposely put your hand on my thigh when I was pulling the block out!"

"It's not my fault that you jumped," Heejin pokes out her tongue. "Stop being such a sore loser."

Afterwards, Heejin stands up to put her jean jacket back on prompting Hyunjin to give her a confused look. Heejin starts to make her way to the door before she stops and looks back after realizing that Hyunjin wasn't following her. 

"You're not going to walk me back to my dorm? As my fake-girlfriend, you're not starting out too hot," then Heejin continues to walk forward. 

"My bad! I didn't know our night was over," the Slytherin says as she quickly catches up to Heejin. 

For a moment, Heejin thought she heard a tinge of sadness in Hyunjin's voice but just shrugged it off. 

"Don't worry, sweetie," Heejin teases, catching Hyunjin completely off guard. "We're dating now, remember? Sadly for me, this means I'll be seeing your annoying face around more often."

Hyunjin sends the girl her classic grin at that, glad to see the old Heejin back. "And then this annoying face will keep reminding you that you agreed to this too."

Heejin just rolls her eyes, reminding herself why she went along with the whole 'fake-dating' thing in the first place.

It's just to get a break from all the flirting and teasing from everyone, but still of course, gaining more attention because of the fact that I'm now going to be in a relationship with Hyu-ugh-Hyunjin.

Once they reached the bottom of the Tower, they parted with an awkward goodbye.

Thankfully, Yves and Gowon were already sleeping by the time she returned to their room. She won't have to deal with their nosiness until tomorrow.  

Now, Heejin is laying in bed, staring up at the ceiling as she remembers her night with Hyunjin and their newly formed arrangement. 

What did I just get myself into? 


A/N: And so it begins!

How well do you think their rules will hold up? What do you think Hyunjin's reason was?

Well, let's just hope neither of them regret it...

Let me know what you think in the comments!

- S

(Uhhh I created a twitter sooo...Let's be moots!: rv_twice5)