Junhyung & Jiyun's Talents & Little Bit of History

The J Agents

“Wow,” muttered Junsu.  Junho looked at his hyung with a questioningly look.  “I never thought that one day our mission would be to protect a friend.  Fei noona is in danger.  Who knows how long she was in danger till now.  I’m really concerned.”  After Junhyung and Jiyun left, the other four lounged at Jay’s house.

“Don’t be!” snapped Jia.  “Everything will be okay!  We’re J Agents!  Besides, Director Park has us to protect her inside school and outside school, he’s stationed other agents to watch her.  Don’t be a pessimist.”

“But noona,” Junho whimpered.  “What if something does go wrong?  We will fail.  Or even worse, we’ll lose each other or Fei noona.”  Junho remembered the mistake he has made earlier that day.  Junho of all seemed antsy because he felt he brought the team down.  “I don’t want to lose anyone.”

Jay walked up and patted Junho on the back.  “Junho-ah,” he said with his charismatic smile.  “Listen to Jia noona.  Everything will be alright!  I doubt that any of the 4minute girls or Beast members know us J Agents in particular.  We’ll always have a backup plan.  Fei will be fine.  Don’t fret, aii?”  Junho gave a small smile to his hyung and Jay smiled back.  “Besides, noona is the best.  She’s one of the finest J Agents around.  With her with us, Fei is protected.”

“Aigo, Jaebeom!” Jia said laughing.  “Don’t dump the entire mission on me!  This is your mission, too.  Fei is closest to you anyways, so majority should be on you!” she joked at her brother into a head lock.  “But you’re right.  Fei will be alright.  Now let’s eat.  I’m hungry.”  The four ordered a delivery of ox tail soup from a nearby restaurant and ate at home. 

Later that night, when Junsu and Junho had left, Jia stood in the kitchen drinking hot tea.  Although she was confident that Fei will be alright, she had a knot in her stomach.  “Fei-ah…” she murmured to herself.  “I won’t let them have you.  You’ll be safe with me and the others.  We’re always here for you, arrasso?”  Somehow she felt unconfident.  Something made her uneasy about this mission.  She couldn’t pull out of it either.  Jia is the eldest amongst all the friends so she felt the need to protect those around her.  “I will feel incredibly guilty if I were to fail you, Fei.  If I do, I will have to terminate myself.  I can’t live with such a burdensome thought of losing you to enemies like THAT.”  She shuddered when she remembered the pictures that Director had shown her that afternoon.  “Completely inhumane, those monsters.  Fei, I can’t let you be like that.”  Jia shut her eyes but all she can see were the dead bodies. 

“Noona?” Jay’s voice was heard from the entrance of the kitchen.  “Noona kwenchanah?  Why aren’t you sleeping?”  Jia spun around and saw Jay standing at staring at her.  In her eyes, she felt that she was still looking at Jay when they first met.

*FLASHBACK*

“Noona?” young Jay’s voice called.  “Why is noona crying?  Noona should be sleeping, not crying in the kitchen.”

“NO ONE LOVES ME!  NO ONE CARES ABOUT ME!  MY REAL PARENTS LEFT ME AND NOW I HAD TO SUFFER ADOPTION!  I CAN’T!  I WANT TO RUN AWAY!” young Jia screamed as she curled herself into a tight ball on the kitchen floor.  Jia felt a pair of arms wrap around her shoulders.

Jay held Jia close.  He hugged her close and rested his head on her.  “Don’t leave noona.  You can’t leave.  If you leave then who can I call ‘noona’?  And if no one loves  noona, I will love noona.  You’re adopted to my family now.  We’re your family.” Jay said comforting Jia.  “So please don’t leave, arrasso?  I’m always here for noona.”

“Jay-ah…” Jia said with a quivering voice.  “Thank you.  Jay, noona will be here for you too.  Okay?  I’ll protect you since you’re always going to be there for me.”

*END OF FLASHBACK*

“Oh, yeah,” Jia said shaking the flashback out.  “I’m alright.  I just wanted some tea.  See?  Do you want?”  Jia went to the cabinet and took out a tea bag.  Jay sat on the counter and watched her.

“Noona, I know you better than that.”  Jia stopped and looked at Jay.  “You come to the kitchen because it’s warm.  You usually come here when you’re cold or something is wrong.  What’s on your mind, noona?  Remember, I’m still here for you.  I got your back.”  Jia sighed and smiled as she listened to her brother.

“Arrasso, I was thinking about Fei.” she said silently.  “I guess I’m just fretting.  I shouldn’t be, should I?  Haha, I’m just worried like how Junho is.”  She handed Jay his tea and leaned on the counter.  “I never thought something like this would ever occur.  It’s just so sudden.  I’m over thinking.  I need to learn more about Fei.  I thought that she was so out there and such.  I felt that I knew everything about her, until now.  Something happened years ago and she won’t say.  I feel the need to hack on and find her history.  But that’s wrong as a friend.”

“Noona, you are over thinking.  You always resolve to backflips or hacking.” Jay teased as he jumped off the counter.  “I’m going to bed.  You should too, noona.  Good night, and thanks for the tea.”  Jia watched as Jay disappeared into the halls and to his room.  She then turned back to the window and stared outside.

“Why am I worried?  Nothing is going to happen.” Jia said as she pulled out her laptop.  She couldn’t stop herself.  Before she knew it, she was searching Wang Fei on official government documents.  “I need to learn about her history!  I need to learn about her!  What is she concealing?  I NEED TO KNOW, FEI-AH!  Without that, I can’t protect you with my fullest.  You’re making me go insane, it hurts me.  I want to tell you that you’re targeted but I can’t!  You won’t trust us in the end if I tell you.  Oh, Fei, you don’t know what we’re going through for you!”

The next morning, Jia woke up with Jay nudging her.  “Jia noona,” he said kindly.  “You really hacked on to search for her?  Tch.  Noona, noona.  We have to go see Director.  He has a word for us and we need to practice.  Junhyung and Jiyun should be coming too.  That would be excellent to see their skills.  C’mon, noona, ya lump!”  Jia rubbed her eyes and pulled herself up to her feet.

“Arrasso, arrasso.” she said still half in her sleep.  “Let’s go.  Let me get ready then.”  She dragged herself to get ready but in 5 minutes, she was running all over the place.  “Let’s go, Jay!  Junsu and Junho are probably there already!  Yah, you slowpoke, pick up your pace!” Jia laughed as she dashed out the door.  The two ran down the blocks like madmen and made their way to the department.  “We’re here, Director-nim!”

“Ah, Jia!  And Jay, you’re here!” Park Jinyoung said with a smile in his eyes.  “Let’s get to work.  I have few notices to tell you.  We’re all here so let’s start!”  Jinyoung threw files onto the middle of the coffee table.  “I managed to get ahold of profiles of G.Na, one Beast member, and one 4minute member.  Check it out.  There’s also one of their ex sajangnim’s.”  Almost immediately, Junhyung and Jiyun lunged at the files.  Junhyung grabbed Hyunseung’s profile and Jiyun grabbed Hyuna’s profile. 

“Hyunseung, specializes in guns.  Particularly handheld guns.”  Junhyung muttered under his breath.  The other four stared at the two siblings who were eagerly scanning through the files.

“Hyuna, she’s an excellent hacker.  She’s very efficient and secretive about her works.  She very swift and very quiet.  Much slyness like a cat or even a fox.” Jiyun, likewise, muttered.  “Seems quite accurate.”

“YOU KNOW HER?!?” Junho blurted.  Jiyun jumped back and Junhyung quickly explained.

“No, we haven’t.” Junhyung swiftly said.  “That is, we in specific.  Our cousins were in a separate agency and have encountered them at ONE point.  But mission failed and they never came back.  Hyuna and Hyunseung call themselves ‘Trouble Maker’ because betweent he two of them, they succeeded their missions much more than others.  Beast and 4minute work together sometimes.  Each member has a teammate from the other.  ‘Trouble Maker’ is one of the most efficient and swiftest team.”  Everyone stared in awe at Junhyung’s information that he has given.  Junhyung sat back down in his seat and leafed through the file one more time.  “I must say, Director.  Your work is amazing.  I never had seen someone who got their profiles before.”

Director Jinyoung beamed.  “Why, thank you, Junhyung!  If I do say, I am pretty efficient when it comes to my works.  Getting these profiles weren’t too hard since we have one of the most excellent hackers on the team.” he said with a gesture towards Jia.

“Director-nim,” Jia said with a stern voice.  “Back to the files.”  To Junhyung she whispered, “Director does this often.  Sorry if he just suddenly went to elite ego.” and winked.  Junhyung stared back with a black stare. 

“Anyways,” the Director stated.  “Their former sajangnim died from a slash across the abdomen and a bullet through the head.  Would you like to see a picture?”  The young agents all shook their heads furiously.  Just a description was enough.  “The reason why Fei is targeted is because the death of their original director and they want to rid of her as well.  Her parents were able to hide her and themselves from them but it appears that with a strong hacker like this Hyuna lady, they were able to pinpoint where she is.  If I’m not mistaken, most likely they’re in Seoul as we speak right now.  Anyways, you might find G.Na’s profile interesting.”

Jia picked up a thin file and opened it.  “W-w-what is this?  There’s like nothing here!” Jia exclaimed.  G.Na’s records were near clean.  She looked up at Director Park who displayed a grave face.  “What’s the meaning behind G.Na?!?!”  Director held up a hand.

“Jia, calm down.  Her records are indeed somewhat clean.  It just tells that she has had an alliance with Mr. Hong and is in charge of their ‘agency’.  They’re called Cube.” Director turned around and tapped his chin.  “She doesn’t do much, killing wise.  However, she still is in charge of Beast and 4minute.  That itself is bad enough to call her a criminal.”  He turned back.  “Anyways, we shall continue this tomorrow.  Let’s get to practice.  I’m interested to see what skills you two have, Jiyun and Junhyung.  You already displayed excellent research and knowledge.  Let’s see you on the actual field, now.”

Director Park led the six into a wide open room.  On the opposite end were targets shaped of people on a conveyer belt.  Next to the young agents were weapons.  Guns, knives, cherry bombs, smoke bombs, chains, and other of the such.  “I wasn’t too sure what Jiyun and Junhyung like to use to I just pulled what we have.  Arrasso?  Good, now off you go!  I’m starting this practice.  Focus on aim and accuracy.  Try in one shot.”  Junho reached for a pocketknife the same time Junhyung touched it.  Jiyun grabbed at whip and Jia dropped her hand.

“Looks like we fancy similar things, huh?” Jia said with a smirk.  “I can go barehanded.  I’m better without it.  Such a hassle to carry things.  Ay, Junho-ah.  Let Junhyung have the pocketknife and you can take the switchblade.  Your favorite toy.” Jia laughed.  We’re well matched, Junhyung, Jiyun.  Let’s get this started.”

The conveyer belt started moving and Jia lunged first.  She got the target with one strong kick and it split in half.  That was cue for Junho to fling the switchblade at the next oncoming target.  He got it right  in the throat area.  Junsu leaped and threw a smoke bomb.  He punched around in the smoke and when it lifted, three targets were demolished.  Jay stood where he was and shot with a colt revolver at 4 targets.  Bullseye.  Jiyun timidly backflipped and whipped and it cracked the target right by the legs.  Junhyung walked slowly over and slit through the targets as if it were styrofoam.  This session went on for another 20 minutes till all targets were finished. 

“Nicely done, everyone,” Director Park suddenly said.  The six young agents turned and looked at their director.  “You guys are all well matched.  I’m glad that Junhyung and Jiyun came because you guys are so similar.  It’s very, very, very good.  Well, this session was short but done.  You guys can go to school.  We shall have a practice mission after school if that is alright.”  Upon that dismissal, the six left.  Junhyung and Jiyun a little faster, while the other four lagged behind a little.

“They use it the way that we do,” murmured Junho with neither fear nor pride.  “I suppose we make a good team.  It’s like having another me and another Jia noona.  It’s good because we’re well matched.  Imagine going against them?  Damn, I’m getting chills.  That Junhyung guy is pretty damn good.  I feel like I could have underestimated him.”  Junsu smacked the younger lightly.

“Don’t underestimate anyone, Junho-ah. he said with a smirk.  “Your friends, teammates, and opponents.  Underestimate them, then you already lost.”  Junho gave a sheepish smile and Junsu laughed.

“But true, their skills are unbelievable,” Jia murmured quietly.  “I feel like I’m watching a younger version of me when it’s actually Jiyun.”  She frowned a bit as she walked and Jay gave her a concern look.  “Aish, I’m just overthinking.  Well, guys, let’s go.  We got to go to school or we’ll be late.  We have to look out for Fei too you know.”  The six left for school.  On their way, they met Fei.

“Oh hi, guys!” she cheerfully said when Jay attacked her.  “Yah, Jay!  Get off of me, you lump!” she said as she laughed with him.  “Jia unnie, get your dork of a brother off of me.  Haha, good morning, Jiyun and Junhyung-ssi!”  Junhyung gave her a quick smile and continued walking.  Jiyun waved with a bright smile and followed her brother.  “Looks like you guys are all bonding very well!  I’m jealous.  Wish I can get close with Jiyun because she looks so fun.”

“Aigo,” Jia chuckled.  “You will.  We just happened to be very curious so we’re kinda annoying them.” she said with a smile on her face.  Inside, she felt bad for lying to Fei.  Being a agent, you must throw those things away.  But now since Fei is her mission, Jia just wanted to scream and tell her everything.  However, she can’t because that would mean she’s excommunicated to the J Agents, and Jay would soon be excommunicated as well.  “Let’s hurry up then, Fei.  Don’t wanna be late for any class and get detention.  That will ruin my streak of perfect, punctual attendance!”

The day dragged along.  Though in separate classes, all teens were thinking the same thing; How to protect Fei.  Jay was frustrated the most.  Fei was his best friend since they were little.  Jia and Fei were the closest to him next to Junho and Junsu.  He felt the need since the others can take care of themselves since they’re agants.  But Fei is not.  She’s a bystander, unaware to everything that is occurring now.  Jia wanted to keep Fei locked in her heart.  She wanted to keep Fei close and never let her go.  She loved Fei too much to see something horrid happen to her.  Junsu was concerned.  He suffered death in his family and didn’t want a close friend to pass either.  Junho, the most sensitive and caring one, felt paranoid that any mistake happens, it’ll be his fault.  He wanted to be the best and show that he can succeed a mission without a single fail whether it is a minor or not.