The Beginning... We Are the J Agents

The J Agents

*ERROR*

*BANG!*

*BOOM*

*SLIT*

In an underground room, chaos was occurring.  Guns were being fired, computer destroyed, explosions bursting, and blades flung out.  Four figures dashed in the darkness in the corridors.  Clicking and stepping of the four were echoing in the halls.  They entered a room and ducked behind a generator.

“Okay,” a whisper was heard, that of a girl.  “You three need to infiltrate and leave me to some hacking.  There should be another computer, hopefully the main, and then mission over.”  The four separated into 3 and 1.  The girl dashed further into the room as the other three figured ran out of the room, fully geared. 

“Jay,” someone called.  “Where do you think the file cabinet with THAT file would be?”

“I’m not too sure.” Jay replied with a frustrated look on his face.  “Director said that the room wouldn’t be too far from the main room.  Noona is in the main room, we guess.  So if anything, she’ll let us know if she gets something out from the computer.”  The three scurried into another room.  A flashlight shone in the dim room.  “Yah!” Jay hissed.  “Junho-ah!  Don’t be stupid!” he said as he grabbed the light.

“Yeah, Junho.” another voice said.  “The light can alert guards that someone is in here.”

“Sorry, Jay hyung, Junsu hyung.  I forgot,” Junho said sheepishly.  Jay sighed as Junsu chuckled.  “Hey, hyung?” Junho suddenly said.  “Is THAT the file cabinet we’re looking for?” he asked as he pointed to a tiny file cabinet.  The three rushed over to the cabinet.  Junho set the flashlight down and with a tiny blade, pried it open.  Jay snatched the only cabinet that was in there and leafed through it. 

“The writing…  I can’t decipher it.  Let’s take is to Jia noona.  She might be able to decipher it.” Jay said as he got up.  “Let’s go.  Jia noona should have shut down the security or found something else in the main computer.”  The three boys left and dashed back to the room they were in before.  “Noona?” Jay asked as they entered the room.  “We got the file, but there’s funny pictures on it and I can’t decipher it.”

Jia turned around and smiled.  “You got the file?” she asked.  Jay handed it to her and she beamed.  “Excellent!  Let’s take this back to Director Park.”  She leafed through the file and frowned.  “I can’t read it either.  It looks like it was written in wingdings or something.  Anyways, we should leave.  If we stay too long—“ Jia was cut short due to lights suddenly turning on and an echo from the loud speaker.

*MISSION FAILED.  MISSION FAILED.  RETURN TO DIRECTOR’S ROOM*

“What the hell?” Jay spun towards the speaker.  “How did we fail?!?  We did everything that was supposed to happened!”  Jia smacked him lightly on his head and walked out disappointedly  out of the room.  “Noona!  Wait for us!  Let’s go Junho, Junsu.” 

“Director-nim!” Jia called as the four entered the director’s room.  “What did we do wrong?”  Director Park Jinyoung, founder of the J Agency, looked at a flustered Meng Jia, upset Jay Park, disappointed Kim Junsu, and an embarrassed Lee Junho.  “We did everything as carefully instructed, we got in without being damaged, and got the file.  What was our error?”

Director Park smiled as he looked up.  “Jia, Jay, Junsu, Junho, you did excellent.  Except one thing.” he said with his smiled turning to a slight frown.  “But Junho, you left the flashlight in the room.”  All eyes turned to Junho who was blushing.  “You must remember to leave little evidence as possible.  And something like a flashlight can endanger everyone, do you understand?”  Junho nodded his head sheepishly.  “Anyways, this early morning session is over.  Get ready, I’m sending you guys off for school.  After school, immediately report here all together.  I have some interesting news and I’m expecting multiple reactions.”  The four looked at each other but left without defiance. 

Junsu nudged Junho.  “Nice going, Junho.  We could have gotten this mission down, but you had to leave the stupid flashlight in the room.”  Junho hung his head.  Jia suddenly slung her arm around Junho.

“Yah, Junsu-ah,” she snapped.  “Don’t act like you never made a mistake on our practice missions.  Don’t pick on maknae here, mkay?  And Junho-ah, just don’t make mistakes on real missions.  That won’t be too pretty.  If Junsu or my brother picks on you, come to noona.  I’ll give Jay a good hit.” she joked as she punched Jay lightly on the arm.

“Aish, noona!” Jay smiled as he punched her lightly back.  Jay looked at Jia and smiled.

 Jia wasn’t his biological noona; rather she’s adopted.  She was 5 years old and Jay was 4.  He remembered when she first entered his new house and was told to call her “noona” and all that.  He remembered how many times she cried because her parents died and how she doesn’t have anyone in the world to love her.  “I’m here.  I love you, noona.” Jay recalls himself telling her.  Ever since the day Jia was put in the family, the two followed their parents’ footsteps in being a J Agent.  Now Jay is a junior and Jia is a senior.  Even though they’re adopted siblings, they love each other and are inseparable.  In school, you’d think that siblings would avoid or bicker or something but Jay and Jia are stuck together like two peas in a pod.  They had an amazing relationship.  Jia is a terrific noona to Jay and even to Jay’s best friends Junho and Junsu.  Junho is a freshman and Junsu is a sophomore.  Despite their different ages, Jia loves them all and sees the boys as her siblings.  She sees them as siblings since she never had one before being adopted to the Park family. 

As the four strolled to school, Jay still remembered all these past events.  “Park Jaebeom!” he picture’s her beautiful face saying.  “Noona will always protect you, okay?” she always told Jay with her slight Chinese accent.  On their first mission when they were children (it was to protect a ruby.  Like seriously, who would suspect a 7 and 8 year old in charge of a ruby?  It’s genius; props to Director Park!) Jia protected Jay and the ruby the entire time.  Jay felt the need to protect his noona because she always protected him.

“Jay!!!!” a voice called.  “Jia unnie!  Junsu-ah!  Junho-ah!  Wait up!”  The four turned around to see their school mate running toward them with full speed.  She panted as she caught up with them.  “Good morning, everyone!” she said with a bright smile.

“Hey, Fei!” Jay said with a smile.  Jia grinned back and slung her arm around Fei.  Junsu and nodded and gave a small salute and Junho waved.  “What’s up?”

“Nothing much,” Fei mused.  “I thought I was late so I ran but I saw you guys and you’re never late to school so I’m assured.”  Wang Fei was one of Jay’s classmates and longtime friend.  She isn’t a J Agent, nor is she aware of such organization.  Thus, she doesn’t know that the closest people around her, Jia, Jay, Junsu, and Junho are even agents.  “By the way, guess what?”   The four all looked at Fei questioningly.  “I hear that we’re going to have new students.  I think they’re siblings.  Their names are Junhyung and JiYun.  Jiyun is in our class, Jay.  And I think Junhyung is in senior year, Jia unnie.”

“Jinja?” Jia asked.  “That’s interesting.  Let’s go introduce them when lunchtime comes around.  Aigo, Junho-ah.  Don’t pout.  There will be new students to come in your grade, and yours too, Junsu.” she said with a chuckle.  “Hey, let’s go.  We’re going to be late if we don’t go.  That’s not a great impression on the new students.”

Indeed, what Fei had said was true.  Junhyung was in Jia’s class and Jiyun was in Jay’s class.  When lunchtime rolled around, Junghyun and Jiyun were fronted by some students.

“These are the new people?  You guys are siblings?  You guys look nothing alike!  Y’all adopted?  Like Jaebeom and Jia or some crap like that?” some students tormented.  Junhyung and Jiyun showed no expression.  Suddenly, Jia’s voice barked from down the hall.

“Yah!  If you pabos are going to talk about me or my Jay, tell it to me.  Leave these two new students alone, freaks.” Jia scorned as she defended the new students.  Jay, Junsu, and Junho with Fei walked up as well.  “I suggest you leave, arrasso?” Jia said with a fake sappy voice.  “I don’t appreciate your rudeness.”  When the students left, Jia turned and beamed at the new students.  “Annyoung!  Sorry, that wasn’t a great impression, huh?  I’m Jia.  And my bro is Jaebeom but you can call him Jay,” she said she smiled and slung an arm around Jay and Jay did likewise.  “That’s Junsu and Junho.  And that girl is Fei.”  When Fei’s name was mentioned Junhyung and Jiyun looked up at Jia.  “Let’s go to lunch.  The other student’s won’t attack you if you just stay close with us.”

“So,” Jay mused as they sat down in the cafeteria.  “Where did you come from before here?”

“China.” Junghyung said shortly.  “But we lived here in Korea for a long time.  We were temporarily living in China.”

“Yes,” Jiyun said quietly.  “I guess it’s good to be back in Seoul.”

“You don’t talk much do you?” Jay asked and got a smack from Fei.  “Hey!  But they don’t!  I’m just saying because I feel that we’re making them feel uncomfortable from yapping so much.”

“Jay,” Fei said while shaking her head.  “You’re too awkward.  Hey, I’m going to go to the ladies room, okay?”  Fei got up to leave.  When she did, Junhyung and Jiyun sat up.  The other four looked at them and when Fei left, Jiyun spoke up.

“You four are part of an association called ‘The J Agents’, am I correct?” Jiyun said with serious eyes.  Jia stood up in defence and Jay did likewise.  Junsu stopped eating and stared with fire in his eyes.  Junho shifted nervously but gazed hard.  How did they know about the secret association?

“Don’t be alarmed,” Junhyung said, touching Jia’s arm lightly.  Jia pulled away with the fire still burning in her eyes.  “I’ll explain.” he said as he reached into his pocket.  His sister did likewise.  They both pulled out ID cards much similar to the ones that the others used in order to get into the organization.  Jia, Jay, Junsu, and Junho stared in disbelief.  “We wanted to talk to you when Ms. Wang Fei is not here.  She is not a J Agent, we know.  But we know that you are.  You may talk to Director Park after school.  We are going there as well.” Junhyung said with complete sincerity. 

“Alright,” Jia said, still with hesitance.  She suspected something funny because it was awkward to discuss about the agency out in the open.  “But you’re idiots for talking about such things outside of the department.  Are you guys rookies or something?”  Jiyun blushed and looked away Junhyung spoke up.

“We were supposed to,” he started and Jia glared, ready to attack him.  “Don’t look so alarmed, Jia!  I know it’s hard to trust ex agents; we’re not like that, though.  We were supposed to but out parents died thus we were not able to go.  When I had enough money, the two of us flew down to Korea again to join the agency.  Please don’t be alarmed.”

“Noona, c’mon like they seem legit.” Jay said and Jia flashed him a look.  “What more can they prove?  It’s not like they got anything to lose, either.  Well probably their memory if Director disapproves but they seem legit.”  Jia seemed convinced and sat down when she saw Fei return.

“Hey, guys.  I’m back.” Fei said happily. 

Junhyun and Jiyun seemed well taken in by Junsu, Junho, and Jay.  However, Jia was still not convinced entirely till she gets an explanation from Director Park.  After school, Jia sprinted home dragging her brother.  She wanted to get to the department as fast as possible and get some answers.  To add, Director had something to talk about with the four of them.  She burst right through the doors and yelled, “Director-nim!”  Director Jinyoung turned and smiled.

“Oh, you’re back!” he exclaimed happily.  “Let’s get down with your mission, alright?  Where’s Junho and Junsu?  They’re your teammates so they need to know as well.”  Upon saying their names, Junho and Junsu rushed in, panting their lungs out.  “Oh, now we’re all here!”

“Director!” Jia said.  “We need to talk.  Two new students came to our school.  One is in Jay’s class and the other is in my class.  They’re supposedly siblings and claim to be J Agents.  Their names are Junhyung and Jiyun.  Is that true?”  Her head spun and she rapidly spoke.  She inhaled a huge amount of air when she finished.  Director laughed.

“Why yes,” he said and Jia’s jaws dropped.  “They’re right here.  They were waiting for you four.”  Junhyung and Jiyun appeared from behind the Director and waved at the four.  “Their parents used to be agents in this agency.  But in a mission in China, they took the children but died.  So these children are orphans.  They grew up learning and training in different styles of martial arts and have requested me to bring them back.”  Director smiled at Junhyung and Jiyun.  “So now the four of you will be now six.”  Director turned around and headed to his desk and held up a file.

“B-b-but,” Jia stammered.  “I don’t think it’s good to have such a large group!  I mean, if we get caught in a mission, you will lose six agents!  Even between the four of us, only two of us actually get in to do the actual thing unless stated otherwise!”  Director held up a hand and Jia stayed silent.

“Jia, I understand your concern for yourself and the others.  However, this mission will need all SIX of you. “ Director said as he held up a picture.  “I believe that you four and maybe you two as well, know this child?”  He held up a picture and Jay was first to react.

“FEI!?!?!” Jay cried.  Jia stared at Director.  Junsu turned away and Junho displayed a perplexed look.

“Our mission has to do with Wang Fei?” Junsu asked with a tint of disbelief.  “Director, please don’t tell me she’s out enemy.  Assign someone else; rather, I won’t do it all together.  Fei is too close of a friend to us.”  Director held up his had again.

“Junsu, don’t jump to conclusions.  Your mission deals with Miss Wang Fei.  She’s currently a target to two groups of people.”  Director Park went to a projector and turned it on.  “Shut the lights, someone!  If you see here, this man is named Mr. Hong.  He has his own agency but they’re killers.  His underlining are unknown but they go by the names of ‘Beast’ and ‘4 Minute’.”

“What such corny names,” Junho said under his breathe and Jay nodded.  “What’s the meaning of their names, if they have one?”

“The Beast boys gives such cruel deaths.  It’s beastly in negative terms, and horrid.  4 Minute girls are less messy, but I don’t know if it’s scarier that Beast.  They kill effectively and cleanly in 4 minutes.  They don’t even use guns or knives.  They use interesting items which causes slow deaths when you think about it, but give them 4 minutes and you’re dead.” Director said gravely.  Jia shuddered and Jay looked away.  Junsu was speechless and Junho’s forehead was beaded with sweat.  Junhyung and Jiyun’s faces were unfathomable.  Director displayed a horrid black and white photo.  Photos of dead people.  “The one on the right is the girls’ doings and the left is the boys’ doings.”

The picture that displayed the Beast boys’ job was gruesome.  It was a head separated from the body.  The facial expression would ANYONE nightmares for life.  The body was positioned in a contortionist like way.  Blood was everywhere.  The picture that was on the left was cleaner, definitely.  No blood shed like the other photo.  The body parts were still intact but the body displayed welts, burns, and minor cuts.  The limbs were twisted in disgusting ways. 

“Those are the kind of people we’re going to face?” Junho asked timidly, swallowing hard.  “Why are they targeting Fei noona?”

“I hope that you will never have to encounter any of the members of Beast or 4 Minute.” Director said as he turned off the projector and switched the lights on.  “The reason why Fei is targeted is because her grandparents killed Mr. Hong.  Currently, the new leader is supposedly his secretary who goes by the name of G.Na.  However, that is still undetermined.  I’m not even too sure about G.Na’s records.  It would be weird to say if her records are clean.”  Director Park turned to the teenagers.  “Your job is to protect Fei and nothing more.  I pray that you will never encounter Beast or 4 Minute.  I have a separate set of people looking out for them as well.  Since we do not know who they look like, we’re taking extra precaution.  I hope and wish the best for all six of you.  Tomorrow morning, at 4:30 sharp, we shall have another practice mission.  Junhyung, Jiyun, you may come as well.  You are dismissed.”

As the six left the room, Jia noticed Jay was a horrified look on his face.  “Dongsaeng-ah,” Jia said as she strayed a bit to talk to her brother quietly.  “Don’t worry so much, arrasso?”  Jay looked at his sister, with a pale face.  “Fei is going to be okay.  She’s going to be with us.  And besides, we have two more agents to look out for her as well.  Everything will be fine, I promise.”  Jay nodded and gave a small smile.  He really hoped that everything will go fine as his sister promised.