Reunite with Old Friends

The J Agents

Unaware to her, Hyuna has been watching Jia very closely when she was at the cemetery.  She lifted a cellphone and spoke into it.  “It appears Jia and Jay don’t have parents.  Both their parents were agents who died in a mission.  It’s quite interesting, Hyunseung-ah.” Hyuna said with a smirk.  “She has just left.  I guess what I have heard today would give me more than enough information to use.  I just would need a DNA sample.  I can send Jihyun and Doojoon for that simple work.”  Hyuna clicked her heels and walked down the block.

“Excellent, Hyuna.  You may return to headquarters.” Hyunseung said.  He then turned around and jotted notes down.  “Aigo, my Hyuna is just amazing.” he murmured to himself.  He flipped on his computer and glanced at online profiles.  “This would be interesting.  Wonder if it would hurt to call an old friend.  Lee Seunghyun.”

“Would you like me to request him in?” G.Na’s voice was heard from the entrance of Hyunseung’s room.  G.Na smiled as Hyunseung looked up.  “It’s been awhile since I heard you say that name.  Are you going to call as an ally?”

“Most likely…” mused Hyunseung.  “I mean he does have an access to Jia since they knew each other ONCE.  It’s almost laughable that Jia is a J Agent and Seunghyun is a secret assassin.  Seunghyun can be of use maybe.  Since Jia doesn’t know us, but knows Seunghyun, he can lure her since she’s our new target.  I doubt Junhyun has gotten her entire trust.”  G.Na nodded and left the room.  “Let’s see if you’re doing well, Seunghyun-ah.  It’s been awhile.”

G.Na was quickly working on calling up Seunhyun.  A voice said on the other line, “Hello?  Who is this?”

“Annyoung-hasaeyo, is this Lee Seunghyun?” G.Na sweetly asked.

“Ne…  This is he.  Who is this?” Seunghyun’s voice asked. 

“Well, SEUNGRI,” G.Na replied with a smile.  “If your memory serves you right, do you happen to remember Hyunseung?”  The phone on the other line fell and Seunghyun cried out “” and G.Na giggled.  “Hyunseung would like to see you.”

“W-w-what?!?” Seunghyun gasped.  “Hyunseung?!?!?  What the hell?!?! And don’t say my other name so loud!  What the hell, oh my God.”  Seunghyun clutched his forehead in shock.  No one has called him that since he has left his job as being an assassin.  He quit because at one point, he was told to kill a friend of his.  He didn’t of course, which led him to be excommunicated from his gang and thus left his position.  Seunghyun never wanted to have another mission fearing the worst.  “Why is Hyunseung requesting me?” Seunghyun stammered nervously.  He knows that Hyunseung is mischievous and always has something on this sleeve with the cunning looks.

“Hyunseung wishes to see you,” G.Na continued.  “He told me nothing  about his reasons why.  So I think you should just come tonight.  Join Cube for dinner.  It’ll be nice to catch up, you know.”  G.Na smirked as she talked.  She knew that Seunghyun doesn’t trust them and she just put him in an uneasy spot. 

“Alright,” Seunghyun said with a bit of difficulty.  “Tell him I’ll be there at 7 sharp.”

“Great!  Aigo, so punctual too, Seunghyun-ah.  We’ll see you soon.  Goodbye.” G.Na said happily. 

Seunghyun let out an exasperated sigh as he hung up.  “Seungri,” he murmured.  “I haven’t been called that in such a long time.  What does Hyunseung want with me?  I mean if it was to talk, then it should have been years ago.  If it’s anything about me killing anyone, I’m out.  I can’t be ‘Seungri’ anymore.  It’s shameful to be called ‘victory’ when all you did was to kill people.” he spat with disgust at himself.  He sighed again and got up to get ready and meet up with Cube.

Seunghyun knocked on the large door of the department.  “Ne?” a voice called from the other end of the door.  “Who is there?”

“Seunghyu—I mean, this is Seungri.” Seunghyun said with slight uneasiness.  The door opened and Seunghyun saw Hyuna staring back at him.  Seunghyun gulped as he gave a weak smile.  “Oh, Hyuna-ssi.  It’s good to see you again.”

“Omo, Seungri-ah!” Hyuna beamed.  “It’s good to see you!  I’ll go tell Hyunseung you’re here.  Come in!  Wow, it’s been a long time.  Well, welcome to Cube’s department!”  Hyuna half walked and half ran to Hyunseug’s room.  In less than a minute, Hyuna reappeared with Hyunseung.  Hyunseung smirked at Seunghyun and Seunghyun smiled back.

“Jinja, it’s been a long time, Seungri.” Hyunseung said.  Seunghyun slowly nodded and looked away.  “I hear that you have quit, am I correct?  Well it really doesn’t matter.  We’re just going to talk.  I’m not interested in how you were since I left your agency.”  Seunghyun looked up and sighed in relief.  He did not want to talk about the reasons why and such to why he quit.  “Let’s have dinner, shall we?”

“Omo, is that THE Seungri?” GaYoon gasped when the three had entered the dining hall.  The 4minute girls and Beast boys all turned to the guest and smiled.  G.Na stood up and gave a big welcoming hug to Seunghyun.  “Omo, omo, it really is him!  Wow!  So you’re the guest tonight!”

“Ah, ne, I am.  It’s good to see everyone here.  I hope that everyone has been well.” Seunghyun said politely.  He kept in mind that Beast is ravaging monstrous killers and 4minute is quick killers.  He didn’t want to upset anyone.  Cube is one of the most successful groups of assassins and killers to be still well hidden from public.  Seunghyun felt very uneasy.

“Well, let us eat.” G.Na said.  “And let’s chat Seunghyun.”  G.Na set out more food for everyone and then she sat down.  “You have heard that Mr. Hong has passed?”

“Ne,” Seunghyun said shortly.  “Very unexpected and unfortunate.  I wish I had sent my regards.”

“His killers are also deceased, but their daughter is out target,” Hyunseung said slowly.  Seunghyun looked alarmed.  “And I asked you to come out because I know you have access to one of the daughter’s friends.  Do you remember Meng Jia?”

“W-w-what are you talking about?” Seunghyun stammered.  “Target?  Aigo, Hyunseung-ah!  You’re targeting a child?  And why do you bring Meng Jia?  Sure, I knew her.  Just for a second.  Her target for one of her earlier missions was also my target.  She ended up having him so I just left.  Why do you bring that girl up?”  Seunghyun remembered an old mission where he had encountered Jia.  She was nice and considerate, but she still had full caution on Seunghyun since he was neither foe nor friend. 

“She’s a side target,” Hyunseung said bluntly.  “She’s friends with a girl named Wang Fei.  The Wang family has killed off Mr. Hong and so we’re deciding to tackle on Fei.  Jia would be easiest to get since she’s close with Fei.”  Hyunseung from there just spilled everything out for Seunghyun.  Seunghyun was numb to all this.  Seunghyun didn’t know whether to be alarmed or excited.  He was happy that Mr. Hong would get avenged, but Jia was so nice to him he didn’t want a pure good soul like her to die.

“Hyunseung-ah,” Sueunghyun said suddenly.  “I don’t think that would be best for me.  I do agree that it would be easier to USE me since I have had some contact with Jia years ago, but I think you should use someone who is still in their work, eh?  Take Big Seunghyun.  TOP.  He’s the man; he’s the man for this kind of job.  Let a sly fox like him with his charismatic looks sweep someone away.  Completely fail proof.  If I know that TOP hyung, he’s the best in this area.  You can call him up.  He has been in the department long than I have.  He already rid of few government officials.” Seunghyun said with a smirk.  He drank his wine and looked at Hyunseung who was watching him closely.  In Seunghyun’s mind he felt that it was safe for him.  In this way, he wouldn’t hurt Jia and feel like a total douche for returning her kindness with her doom.  He was feeling sick in the stomach just by the thought of that.

“Well,” Hyunseung mused while he angled his head up and closed his eyes.  “I suppose you’re right.  I mean, Big Seunghyun is the eldest and favored HIGHLY by your old director, Director Yang.  I guess I can call up TOP.  He’s pretty good.”  Then with a cunning, charismatic smile, he looked at Seunghyun straight in the eye.  “Thanks, Seungri.  You sure have been of use to me.  But I’m afraid this meal will be your last and the last you will see of Cube.”  Right when Seunghyun was going to stand up, he collapsed and tried to breathe for air.

“What the fu—“ Seunghyun gasped.  Hyunseung gave a hard stare at Seunghyun.  “What the hell, Hyunseung!  I thought this was just dinner and a chat!”

“Seunghyun,” Hyunseung said while shaking his head lightly.  “I already knew that you wouldn’t take up the job.  I mean, that’s the whole reason why you quit, isn’t it?  You entered out territory as not a friend nor ally.  Doesn’t matter if you were the ‘guest’ or any like that.  I couldn’t trust you for that.  Only reason why I would trust you is because we’ve worked sometime together when I was still under Mr. Yang.  But that’s the past.  And the reason why you quit was the past too.  I’m sorry to say this is how it’s supposed to end.  Gayoon looked so happy to see you.  Right, Gayoon?”  Gayoon looked up with a calm face and smiled while nodding her head.  “This was Gayoon’s doing, you see.  Although it took over 4 minutes, I’m satisfied with the answer and advice you have given me.  You have now just put TOP’s like in danger.  Whether he lives or dies, is all up to us, now.  Thank you, Seungri-ah.  You really lived your name till the end.  You do still have your victory side.  Goodbye.”

Seunghyun could not breathe as he listened to everything Hyunseung was saying.  “Fool,” he thought to himself.  “Why would you trust a guy like Hyunseung?!?  He’s so shady and mysterious!  Not to mention he’s in Beast and his partner is Hyuna!  !”  Seunghyun grabbed the last of his breathe and screamed, “!  I HATE YOU HYUNSEUNG!” and closed his eyes.  His facial expression was put in a way that was in still screaming position. 

“Hyuseung-ah,” G.Na said suddenly.  “Is it right for you to kill Seungri?”

“Of course, noona.  I can’t trust him.  He already has had contact with Jia so he knows her.  He might have developed something like a debt to her.” Hyunseung said with a grave face.  “I can’t trust him.  Now TOP hyung is a different figure.  He’ll listen to everything Mr. Yang will say.  If Mr. Yang will let me have TOP hyung for a while, we should be all set.”  Hyunseung turned to Junhyung and Jiyun.  “If Seungri’s body is found and noted to the J Agents, stay silent unless spoken.  Speak VERY little, arrasso?”

“Ne,” was Junhyung’s only reply and Jiyun just nodded and smiled. 

“Good,” Hyunseung said.  “Doojoon!  Kikwang!  Dispose of Seungri’s body.  I need to get some work done.”  Hyunseung left and Hyuna followed.  G.Na sighed as she signaled everyone to clean up and get rest.

“Hyunseung and Hyuna are going to wear themselves out if all they do is work,” G.Na mused.  “Of all, they should get rest.”

“Hyunseung-ah,” Hyuna called as they reached his study.  Hyunseung turned around and looked at Hyuna who was smiling.  “I’m only going to guess you’re going to call Big Seunghyun now, right?  Rest a bit, hun.  You’re going to die from lack of sleep and such.  Call him tomorrow morning.  You need to sleep,” she said as she walked towards him.  She put her arms around his neck and leaned towards him.  “Don’t over work, Hyunseung, arrasso?” she said in almost whisper.  Hyunseung leaned slowly towards her lips but Hyuna pulled away.  “I’m going to sleep, too, anyways.  Bye bye!” she teased as she walked out of his study.

“Aish, Hyuna,” Hyunseung sighed.  “You’re such a tease.  Even before we were paired.  When I first met you, you were still a huge tease.”  Hyunseung laughed lightly when he remembered how he shot her and how he set him on fire.  “Those days were just…  Hah.  Those days, when Mr. Hong was still around to criticize our doings.  Wonder how things would be like if Mr. Hong was still around.  Tch, we probably wouldn’t have killed Seungri or even go through this whole mission.  We’re ricking Jiyun and Junhyung’s lives right now just to avenge you.  I don’t mean to sound like I’m raging or venting.  I just need to keep it just.  And we haven’t been riled up a bit.  So I guess it’s good.”

The next morning, G.Na rushed Hyunseung awake.  “Hyunseung-ah!” she hissed.  “Choi Seunghyun has arrived.  I’m guessing Hyuna phoned him in for you.”  Hyunseung rubbed his sleepy eyes as he rolled off the bed.

“Hyuna,” he grumbled.  “She said she was going to sleep but instead she goes off doing her thing.  What a cute hypocrite.”  Hyunseung threw on a robe and went to the parlor and saw that TOP has already settled in and was chatting with Hyuna.  Hyuna looked tired but her beautiful smile would not let her tiredness take over.  “Good morning, Choi Seunghyun.” Hyunseung said and the two looked up.

“Ah, Hyunseung-ah!” Hyuna said happily.  “Good morning.  I called TOP oppa and he came early this morning.  I’ll go get some coffee, okay?”  She disappeared and left the two alone.

“It’s been awhile, Hyunseung,” TOP said with a smirk.  TOP has amazing charisma, able to make women fall instantly intrigued by him.  That is how he killed off a girl.  He captivated her with a gentleman like manner, swooned her, and then as if to kiss her, snapped her neck.  “Hyuna there told me that you needed an inside man.  Still trying to cover your identity?  Tch.  You’re hilarious.”

“Thank you,” Hyunseung said neither coldly or warmly.  “I just wanted someone else that can get in and get Meng Jia.  Are you familiar with the J Agency?  It’s under Director Park Jinyoung.  One of the young agents has captured our interest.  We need you to fetch us a Meng Jia.  I’d go myself but I’m just too preoccupied with business.  I’ve already sent Junhyung and Jiyun as fake J Agents.  They already got her and her commrades but cannot make any advances because they’re all currently teammates and classmates.  I cannot rush them because it’s too suspicious.  I need someone experienced because Jia is just too paranoid with those things.  Someone she can fall for stupidly but trust.  And I had a source that I should call you up.” Hyunseung said with a sly smile. 

“Don’t act like I’m stupid,” was TOP’s answer.  He gave a cold stare at Hyunseung.  Hyunseung seemed taken aback at TOP’s suddne approach to him.  “I know it was Seungri.  He left so he could be making alliances with ANYONE at this point.  I wouldn’t be too surprised if he fled the country and joined an AMERICAN agency.  Or maybe, he just quit all together.  Hul, I wouldn’t too shocked if he died.” Top said as he eyed Hyunseung.

Hyunseung did not let TOP see that he was guilty for Seunghyun’s death.  He continued, “Ah, that’s right.  I guess I shouldn’t underestimate you, hyung.  Yes, Seungri was here and gave me your whereabouts and recommended you to me.  So will you agree to it?  We need you to get us that Meng Jia.  And after that, you’re task will be done and you can return to the YG department.”  Top gave a slight nod and Hyunseung smiled.  “Thanks, hyung.  Thanks a billion.  You really are reliable and responsible.  I know you won’t fail me.”