Jia & Jay's History

The J Agents

*FLASHBACK*

“Jaebeom-ah,” a woman’s voice called.  Young Jay looked at his mother and father.  “We’re going to adopt a little girl, arrasso?  She’s a year older than you so you must call her ‘noona’.  She’s not Korean, but she speaks very well for her age.  Do you understand, darling?”

“Ne, umma.” piped the young Jay.  “I’m going to have a noona!” he cried happily.  “Will she become an agent like you and appa?  Her name has to be with ‘J’ then.”  Even at the age of 4, Jay has become a trainee for become an agent like his parents.  He has developed a high researching skill and his size is quite useful.  He was well built, healthy, and smart.  Perfect for an agent his age.  He knew the rules and how things went and all to become an agent.

“Yes, Jay.” Jay’s father said.  “Her name is ‘Jia’.  You must call her ‘Jia noona’ so she feels part of the family, arrasso?  You’re a  young, smart lad.  Be nice to her.  She suffered a terrible family loss, so she’s very sensitive.”  Young Jay nodded his head and patiently waited for his parents to return with his new adoptive sister.

When his parents returned, Jay ran down the stairs to greet them like any good child would.  At the door, his parents were standing by a little girl.  She had a typical Chinese girl characteristics.  Her long silky black hair and twinkling eyes gleamed at him.  Jay smiled and yelled, “JIA NOONA!”  Young Jia jumped and yelped a little.  “Ah, miahn, noona.” Jay sheepishly hung his head.  “I didn’t mean to scare you.  Miahn, noona.  Sorry, umma, appa.”

“It’s okay…” young Jia silently said.  Jay looked up to see Jia has approached him.  “I was just startled.”  Jia gave a small smile, but Jay immediately knew she had a scar in her heart.  He felt bad so he was quiet for the entire day.  Jia was the same.

That evening, Jay wondered in the middle of the night to get some water.  He entered the kitchen and heard mumbling sounds and noises of someone sobbing.  “Noona?” he asked quietly.  “Why is noona crying?  Noona should be sleeping, not crying in the kitchen.”

NO ONE LOVES ME!  NO ONE CARES ABOUT ME!  MY REAL PARENTS LEFT ME AND NOW I HAD TO SUFFER ADOPTION!  I CAN’T!  I WANT TO RUN AWAY!” screamed the girl.  She sobbed louder but still quiet enough so that no one outside can hear.  Jay felt a part of his heart tear apart when he saw that this girl who is now his noona, cry so hard. 

“Don’t leave noona.  You can’t leave.  If you leave then who can I call ‘noona’?  And if no one loves  noona, I will love noona.  You’re adopted to my family now.  We’re your family.”  Jay said.  At that time, he was saying to comfort her.  He really cared about his noona and wanted her to be happy.  He didn’t care she wasn’t blood related.  Seeing someone cry like this was depressing and Jay didn’t want that.  Jia said something that night that made Jay turn a little older.

“Thank you.  Jay, noona will be here for you too.  Okay?  I’ll protect you since you’re always going to be there for me.” were the words Jia said to Jay.  Jay smiled at the thought that they got each other’s backs.

“I got your back, noona.” smiled Jay. 

Since then, they always had each other’s backs.  It made other teammates jealous, even the sunbae agents.  They smiled when they saw the two young agents always together.  They really had each other like brother and sister despite the fact that they’re unrelated.  During missions, they had to protect each other.  Even in the dangerous ones, Director trusted them with it.  One of the earlier missions was to protect a gem.  Director trusted tiny children with a precious gem because to him, children would be capable.  Why?  Who would really think that two innocent children would hide a gem?  It just seemed so practical to him.  Jia was amazing at that mission. 

Jay, at 7 years at that time, clutched onto the gem with all his might.  Two men cornered the young Jay and threatened him with knives.  Jay would not give it up.  “Over my dead body.  I’m protecting it with my life.  I ain’t giving it to any gross thugs like you.” is what he said.  The thugs attack and Jay sprained his ankle.  He still would not give up the gem.  Just when his life was about to be taken, Jia, who was 8 years at that time, sprang into the scene and with her powerful gymnastic legs, kicked and fought the thugs off.  She grabbed and carried her brother who was still clutching the gem.  Jia would not stop running even though he legs were growing weak from the kicks and running.  She ran even though the thugs persistently chased after her.  Jia ran all the way to headquarters and the thugs foolishly followed her only to be caught. 

There were many missions Jay and Jia completed together and not a single one they failed.  When Junsu and Junho were put with Jay and Jia, she welcomed them like dongsaengs.  “Call me ‘Jia noona’, arrasso?  I want to be your noona.  I’m Jay’s noona.  I really like being called that.  You can always count on me!” was her enthusiastic welcome to the two younger agents.  They were always together since that day.  Jay was so happy to be with more teammates.  He enjoyed the family like feeling they had. 

The most difficult time was when Jay’s parents died.  They died in a mission when their car crashed.  The mission was saved due to Junsu’s parents but only Junsu’s mother survived.  Jia was traumatized and was inactive for a few months.  She felt alone because she lost her parents and now lost her adoptive parents.  Jay was also inactive till he recovered from his shock.  Junsu was active despite losing his father.  Ever since then, Jia felt the need to be stronger than ever.  She put everything she got into the mission, even if that meant she would lose sleep.  Jay always felt that one day he’ll lose Jia if he isn’t alert like her.  So Jay and Jia became one of the most hardest working agents in the department.

*END OF FLASHBACK*PRESENT DAY*

“Ummuhnee…” Jay said with tears in his eyes.  “Abuhjee….”  He looked over the tombstones.  A tear escaped his eye and ran down his cheek and it landed on his hand.  “I hope you’re well.  I am, I know for sure.  Jia is....  Noona seems stressed lately.  A lot of things has happened.  We got new team members, and that’s good.  Junho is still maknae Junho and Junsu is coping well.  I still wish you were around to guide me.  Director gave us a new mission and it’s to protect Fei.  You remember Wang Fei, right?  She’s in great danger and I’m afraid to lose a friend like that.  I’m sure noona feels the same way.  She was in the kitchen sulking and looking upset again.  What can I do?  I wish to tell Fei about all of us and such but I can’t.” Jay hung his head low and started to cry.  He hasn’t cried since his parents died.  He has always held back the tears whenever he thinks about his parents, visits their grave, and such.  Today he just let them flow.

“Dongsaeng-ah,” Jia’s voice called suddenly from behind him.  Jay turned his head and saw his sister looking back at him with sad eyes.  “I figured you’d be here.  I miss umma and appa, too.” she said as she approached him and put a hand on his back.  “Appa and umma would be proud of you and I bet that they are.  Don’t worry, arrasso?  Don’t vent out your emotions to them.  They wouldn’t want us to be upset.  We can do this mission.  So far so good, right?  We just gotta keep that up.  If you tell them, they can’t rest in peace.  Leave them alone to rest.  Fei’s situation is OUR mission.  Not THEIRS.”  Jay stood in his full height and turned to leave.  Jia stayed behind a bit to give her respects.

“Umma,” she said with a smile.  “I’m still protecting Jay with everything I got.  I won’t fail that, umma!  Appa, I’m still your girl.  I’m going to make you guys prouder than the day me and Jay graduated from our trainee years.  Like what I said when I was still little, ‘I’m going to be the best of the best!  Jay and I will be the best duo the J Agency will ever meet!  Enemies will quiver and fall to our knees.’  Haha, I was such a sport, wasn’t I?”  Jia laughed lightly and a tear fell from her face.  Her voice shook as she laughed which turned into sobs.  “Umma!  Appa!  Why did you have to leave me like my real parents?  I miss you so much it hurts.  Do you not know how much it hurts?  I’m scared that I’ll be alone.  What if I lose Jay in this mission?  Since you died, that’s all I worry now.  I don’t want to lose Junsu, or Junho, or Jay, or Fei!  They mean too much to me!  It hurts, it hurts my heart.  I rather die than lose someone!  But… Jay would be alone… I’m so scared, it’s pathetic!  Ottokke?!?  I need you to guide us!  We’re still young and inexperienced compared to amazing agents like you!  Appa!  Umma!” Jia screamed and collapsed on her knees and hands.  Tears rained from her eyes to the dusty floor and it absorbed the tears instantly.  Jia rose slowly with tear stains on her face.  “You’re still with me, in my heart.  I’m sorry to vent when I told Jay not to.  I’m a hypocrite.  Now you cannot rest in peace because your adopted daughter is distraught.  I’m really sorry.  I will come back and I’ll be happier, I promise.  Goodbye, umma, appa.”  Jia turned slowly and walked towards home.