In The Cube

The J Agents

“G.Na noona!” a voice called.  G.Na looked up and saw a kind, handsome face look at her.  “We’re back!” he said with a grin.  Behind him were four other boys and four girls.

“Hyunseung-ah, where’s Junhyung and Jiyun?” G.Na asked with a small frown on her face.  “And this is so all of a sudden.  Why did you come back?  You never filed or reported a completion of your mission.”

“Noona, Fei is in Korea.  She was here this entire time.” Hyunseung said.  It seems as though she was hiding in Seoul without us knowing.  That’s why it’s taking us over a year to find this ONE girl.”  He flashed a handsome smile and continued, “I have sent Junhyung and Jiyun to the J Agents.  It appears that Fei’s closest friend is a J Agent.  It was difficult to track, but thanks to Hyuna, my baby, we got the information.”  He tossed five files at G.Na who skimmed through it.

“Excellent job, Hyuna.” mused G.Na.  “Meng Jia… she sounds awfully familiar…  Hm.  Park Jaebeom.  Kim Junsu.  Lee Junho.  Who this?  Oh God, this is the director of the J Agents!  Park Jinyoung!” exclaimed G.Na as she picked up Director Park’s file.  “He used to be Mr. Hong’s close friend.” she said as her face went from excited to sad.  She looked up and gave a small smile.  “But good work, you guys!  And you even brought all the 4 Minute members and Beast members?  For what reason?  Can you and Hyuna not take them yourselves?” she questioned.

“Ah, noona, I can say something.” a boy shyly said.  “These J Agents have been trained since they were little.  Their skills range far and they all have different talents and specialties.  If Beast and 4 Minute pull it together, hell, us together we can be 2 Minute!”  Everyone gave a chuckle.

“Aigoo, Yoseob-ah.  You always make me smile.” G.Na said.  “Well then, I welcome you all home.  Will Junhyung and Jiyun be joining us tonight to dine?”

“They should be just about done settling things with Director Park Jinyoung and getting the other agents’ trust.” Hyunseung said while tapping his chin.  “I’ll call them and see if they can meet us for dinner.”  G.Na nodded as a dismissal to the teenagers.

“My, my,” she mused to herself.  “They grew up so quickly.  If only Mr. Hong was still alive to see the years of training and missions they have accomplished.  He would definitely be proud of his boys and girls.  I know I am.” she said with a chuckle.  “Hyunseung has such leadership over them all.  And Hyuna has such good information cracking skills.”  She flipped through the files again and saw the notes Hyuna and GaYoon had written.  “Gymnastics?” she asked herself when she leafed through Jia’s profile.  “Intersting…  Should be exciting to Jiyunnie and maybe Hyuna can take joy in that…  But Jia.  Meng Jia, so familiar.  It’s not Korean definitely, most likely Chinese.  This Jaebeom fellow is her brother?  Adoptive?  He likes guns, does he now.  Doojoon, Hyunseung, and Dongwoon can have fun with that.  Hmm, let’s see.  Kim Junsu, a bomb specialist.  Didn’t think Mr. Park would think of those things.  Jihyun and Yoseob can tackle such a simple thing like that.  It’ll be like getting rid of a fly.  Lee Junho has a thing for blades.  He’s the youngest.  Sohyun, Junhyung, and Kikwangie can take care of that.  Well, well, well.  These ARE veryinteresting.  I must compliment Hyuna and Hyunseung, those trouble makers.”  G.Na tossed the files on her desk and leaned back in her chair.  “Maybe I’ll get to meet this Director Park Jinyoung.  After all, he’s the Director, founder, and he loves those children.  Wonder how he’ll feel about MY children and their work.”

“Junhyung!  Jiyun!” Dongwoon cried when the two came into the Cube Agency’s dining hall.  “Welcome home!”

“Thanks, hyung.” Junhyung said with a smile.  Jiyun waved enthusiastically and hugged her girls.

“Welcome,” G.Na said with a warm smile.  “Have you encountered our target?  The other J Agents?  How did your meeting with the Director go?”  She gave two plates of food and placed them in front of the two who just entered.  “Tell us, please.”

“Well,” Junhyung started.  “For one thing, I doubt getting Fei will be too difficult.  Another thing, Director seemed to believe our fake story that Hyunseung written for us.  We got his trust almost immediately.  The other J Agents welcomed us warmly but I think that the girl, Meng Jia, doesn’t trust us entirely.”  G.Na’s face grew grave as she created a furrow between her eyes.  “Don’t worry, noona.  In time we will get her trust.  I’m in her class so I can become close to her and she’ll accept me.”

“Same with Jay.’ chimed Jiyun.  “He seems easy going but he seems closest to Jay.  I need his trust as well.  Same with Junhyung, I can get close to Jay due to the fact we’re in same classes.  Everything is played out too well, we’ll be able to get this mission through finally.”

“Excellent!” Hyuna exclaimed as she ran to Jiyun and embraced her.  “This is terrific!  You guys are amazing!”

“Nice work.  And you were able to get in the department without any strange looks?” Hyunseung asked.  “it’ll be a problem if the agents that you’re not working with, suspects you.”

“Negative, Hyunseung.” Junhyung said.  “Like what I said, this mission will be easy as making a patbingsoo.”  Junhyung smirked and GaYoon looked up.

“Patbingsoo?” she asked with a cute smile.  “I think we got the ingredients.  Let’s celebrate with some easy patbingsoo.”  Everyone laughed and agreed.  It was a good evening for everyone in the Cube Agency. 

That evening Hyunseung looked out of his bedroom window.  “I doubt anything can go wrong,” he mused.  “As Junhyung explained, everything is too easy.  And the director seems too oblivious about this whole situation.  Does he not suspect a thing?”

“That’s because you’re too good and amazing,” a voice seductively said.  Hyunseung turned around and smiled.  “You sir, are amazing with your work.  This entire thing is due to you and you are bringing us all together.  This mission is closing in slowly.  G.Na unnie even when through my notes and even assigned the others who to handle based on talents and skills.”

“Hyuna,” Hyunseung breathed as Hyuna walked up to him.  He chuckled and said, “What are you doing?  You should rest.  It’s late and we just got back today.”  Hyuna leaned against him and Hyunseung held her close.

“I just wanted to see you before going to sleep,” she said in almost a whisper.  She looked into his eyes and softly bit her lip.  Hyunseung starring at her made her feel so y, she felt the need to be y back.  He leaned closer to her face and his hand ventured down from her back to her waist.  She leaned further onto him and just when their lips were about to touch, Hyuna says, “Well, since you said so, I’m going to go.  Bye, bye!”  She turned around and her silky hair bounced with her.

“Aish, Hyuna.” Hyunseung said as he laughed to himself.  “Such a tease.  One of these days, I’ll get her.”

In Hyuna’s room, she was busying herself and browsing through the files.  “These J Agents.  I agree that it wouldn’t be too hard to get them to believe Junhyung and Jiyun.  However, I feel that there’s something we are not acknowledging.  G.Na unnie seem distraught when we brought up this Jia girl.  What is Jia’s history?  I need to research more.  Jia is a figure we cannot ignore.  Rather, she might be the most important character here.”  Hyuna whipped out her laptop and browsed for Jia.  “Aha!” she said to herself.  “I got you, Jia.” Hyuna read every detail with care.  “Hul…  Not just gymnastics as a skill, she has hacking skills.  I’m already taking into a liking to this Jia girl.  What is her family background?”  Hyuna browsed more for Jia’s history.  “Omo, what’s this?  Park Jaebeom is her brother?  Hoho.  She IS adopted.  G.Na unnie should take this into liking.”  Hyuna jotted down her notes and dashed out the room.

In G.Na’s room she was pacing back and forth.  “Jia…  Meng Jia..  MENG Jia… Meng JIA.  AISH!” she cried as she threw a hair brush at the floor.  “WHY IS THIS PERSON MAKING ME SO PARANOID?!?!?  Who is this girl, I swear, her name is so familiar is driving me insane!”  Suddenly, a knock disturbed her thoughts.  “Who is it?  Come in.”  She looked up and saw Hyuna with a sparkle in her eyes.  “Hyuna!  You’re not sleeping?”

“Unnie, you looked distraught this evening about Jia.” she said with a giddy voice.  “So I did some research.  Also, I felt intrigued by this girl.  She’s working in a team of boys so she must have something with them.  I present you some little more info about her.”  She handed the small paper to G.Na who snatched it like a hungry tiger grabbing at its prey. 

“Excellent!” G.Na exclaimed.  “Hyuna, you’re the best.  Jinja, DAEBAK!”  She skimmed through the notes.  “Change of plans, Hyuna.  Our target as of now will be currently Meng Jia.  This will all lead to us getting our hands on Fei.”  Hyuna nodded and left the room.  “Be sure to tell Hyunseung.  This is all way too good.”  When Hyuna disappeared, G.Na turned to her window.  “Jia, Jia.  You’re brother’s relation with everyone is making this too easy.  Best friends with Fei?  AND he’s your brother?  Haha, this is too easy.  Director, I’m disappointed in you.  You’re actions on assigning them to protect Fei is too much of a mistake.  MY children can get this done faster than I thought.”

“Hyuna noona,” Dongwoon said sleepily.  “Why did you call all of us so late?”

Hyuna beamed brightly.  “G.Na unnie calls for a new target.  This new target will allow us to get our hands on Fei.  Our new target is Meng Jia.  Her brother is Park Jaebeom as we know.  To add, Wang Fei is Jaebeom’s best friend.” Hyuna explained as the others were slowly dosing.  She dismissed this fact and continued.  “So, by targeting Jia first, we will leave Jaebeom in a corner.  His best friend or his sister.  Not only is Jaebeom most affected, the entire J Agency will be losing the entire team.  The entire team of teens who have devoted their lives to the agency.  Not to mention, Director Park favors them highly.  I think in his perspective, that team is his favorite.”  When she said this, Hyunseung jumped up and displayed a wide smile.  Everyone else was wide awake at this point.

“Hyuna!” Hyunseung gasped.  “You’re amazing!  I wouldn’t have expected less from you.”  Hyuna beamed at the compliment.  Eveyone was super happy about this news.  “Well, Junhyung and Jiyun, pay most attention.  This will be good information for you.  You must leave now.  Sleep because you have school and not to mention, in a few hours, you have a mission practice to attend to at the department.”  Hyunseung dismissed everyone and walked up to Hyuna.  Hyuna smiled sweetly at him and his gently kissed her forehead.  “I feel that this will be a good mission, Hyuna.” he said and left.

Hyuna smiled and went to sleep soundlessly that evening.  One of the easier nights she has ever had.  In China, when tracking for Fei, she would sometimes has sleepless nights from researching, hacking, and such.  She worked too hard for something this easy.  But everything comes down to this.  She felt happy that all this is suddenly taking in action.  Something was about to be accomplished.  From the moment Mr. Hong has assigned her first practice mission, to meeting Hyunseung, being paired and sent to China with him, it has all come down to this.  Hyuna was excited for something like this to happen.  It was almost too good.