Chapter 8

The heart never lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Seulgi, can you please get the carrots and cucumbers from the storage room?" Mr. Bae asked while cracking the eggs into a bowl.

"Yes, uncle" Seulgi wiped her wet hands first before walking out of the kitchen and walking towards the storage room. 

Usually it was Jihoon, who helps Mr. Bae prepare the ingredients for the dishes. But since Jihoon was sick since yesterday, she volunteered to help instead.

Seulgi opened the door to the storage room and then went to the back of the room, where the vegetables were stored.

She lifted the plastic crate, filled with carrots, up and placed it near the door before going back to grab the other crate which was filled with cucumbers.

But before she could lift it up, she suddenly heard the door closed. She quickly straightened up and turned to looked at the door. And saw Joohyun grinning while walking towards her. 

"Unnie! What are you doing here? It's Tuesday. You have morning class right? Don't tell me you're not attending it again? Uncle will be mad at you" Seulgi said while chuckling.

"Actually, last Friday was the last day of the semester. It's our summer vacation already" Joohyun wrapped her arms around Seulgi's waist and leaned up to kiss Seulgi's lips briefly. "Hi" She smiled after breaking the kiss.

"Hello" Seulgi smiled back while hugging Joohyun tightly. She then loosened her hold, but kept her hands on the older girl's waist, and then leaned back to look at the older girl's face. "You look more beautiful with bangs. It really suits you" 

"Really?" Joohyun asked with twinkling eyes. 

"Yeah." Seulgi kissed the older girl's forehead and sighed. "I missed you." She said hugging the older girl tightly again.

Joohyun chuckled and leaned against Seulgi's chest. "We just met yesteday. Why are you acting like we haven't seen each other for so long?" 

"Because you didn't sleep beside me last night." Seulgi pouted.

Joohyun blushed. 

"I'm sorry. I just had to do something at home. But now that it's already our vacation, I can sleepover at your house every night now. Well that is if you won't get bored of seeing my face" Joohyun chuckled.

"Never." Seulgi stated firmly.

Joohyun grinned. 

They stayed like that, hugging each other for a few seconds, before Seulgi reluctantly let go.

"I have to go now unnie. I still have a lot of things to do in the kitchen and we might get caught by uncle too if we stay here longer."

Even though they've been dating for two weeks now. They still haven't told their families about it.

They, however, told Jennie and Hyojoo about them dating.

Because Jennie wouldn't stop annoying Joohyun about them, that's why they finally told her. And as for Hyojoo, they just didn't want to left her out, so they told her too, but they made them promise not to tell anyone and they agreed. 

"Okay" Joohyun pouted, but didn't protest. She didn't want Seulgi to get in trouble because of her. 

Seulgi kissed Joohyun's head before bending down and lifting up the plastic crate. She walked to where she left the crate of carrots and placed it on top carefully.

She was about to open the door, when a hand suddenly grabbed her arm and turned her around.

Before Seulgi could react, she was suddenly pulled down by the collar of her muscle tee and felt lips kissing her hungrily. 

Seulgi's eyes widened at first, before it slowly closed and started kissing the older girl back with the same intensity.

Joohyun smiled into the kiss and wrapped her arms around Seulgi's neck, pulling her closer. 

Seulgi placed her right hand behind Joohyun's neck, while her left hand rested on the older girl's back before sliding it down, towards the older girl's and massaging it.

Joohyun moaned.

Seulgi's eyes flew open when she heard it.

She quickly took her hands off from Joohyun's body and grabbed the older girl's arms from around her neck, before gently pushing her away, breaking the kiss.

"Why? What happened?" Joohyun asked while panting. 

"I'm sorry, unnie" Seulgi took heavy breathes while avoiding Joohyun's eyes. 

Joohyun frowned. "Why are you apologizing?" She was confused.

It was not their first time making out, they've done it before at Seulgi's house once, so she doesn't understand why Seulgi was apologizing. Plus she was the one who initiated it.

Seulgi gulped. "I'm just-  I should go now. Uncle might be wondering what's taking me so long" She said while still avoiding the older girl's eyes.

She quickly opened the door and grabbed the two crates before speed walking back to the kitchen.

Joohyun was left inside the storage room alone, wondering what was wrong.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Hi ma'am, may I take your order?" Seulgi smiled politely while holding her pen and notepad. 

It was already 1:30pm.

Lunchtime was finally over, so the restaurant was more calm and less noisy now. 

The woman looked up from the menu book and nodded at Seulgi. "I'd like to order one stir-fried noodles and kimbap" 

Seulgi listed it all down. "What about your drinks ma'am?"

"Just sparkling water please" 

"Okay. Anything else?" 

"That's all. Thank you." The woman said while handing the menu book at Seulgi.

Seulgi smiled and took it. "Please wait for a few minutes for your order, ma'am" She said before walking back to the kitchen.

"Uncle there's another-" Seulgi stopped talking when she saw Joohyun alone instead of Mr. Bae inside the kitchen.

"If you're wondering where's appa right now. He went to the market to buy some sesame oil and chili paste, since we're running out of it." Joohyun said coldly, without taking her eyes off the dish she was cooking. 

It's been three days now, since the incident at the storage room.

Joohyun has been trying to talk to the younger girl about it, but Seulgi would always avoid her. Even when she slept over at Seulgi's house, the younger girl wouldn't talk to her unless Mrs. Kang or Daehan was there. Seulgi wouldn't even sleep beside her anymore and preferred to stay on the futon on the floor.

That's why she had finally decided to leave the younger girl alone.

"Oh." Seulgi pursed her lips.

Seulgi knew that Joohyun was mad because she was avoiding her. She wanted to apologize and explain everything to the older girl, but she didn't know how.

"Are there more orders?" Joohyun asked, still not looking at Seulgi.

"Yeah. One order of stir-fried noodles and kimbap" 

"Okay. I'll cook it after I'm done with this" 

"How can I help?" Seulgi asked while moving to where Joohyun was, but still kept a huge space between them.

She was afraid that she won't be able to stop herself from hugging and kissing the older girl because she really missed her. 

"Just cut the vegetables and beef." Joohyun said flatly.

"Okay" Seulgi nodded and went to do her task quietly.

She made a mental note to finally talk to the older girl later. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Seulgi massaged her shoulder and sighed. She couldn't wait to go home already, so she could take a few hours of sleep, before her shift at the convenience store starts.

But first she needed to find the older girl to finally apologize and explain everything to her. 

With that in mind, she quickly finished changing her clothes and then zipped her bag up before walking out of the changing room. 

"Seulgi you're going home now?" 

Seulgi turned to the voice and saw Joohyun's older brother, Jihoon, walking towards her. 

"Yes oppa. I'm kind of tired" She chuckled lightly.

Jihoon stopped in front of her and patted her shoulder gently. "You should go and rest then. Joohyun is already outside" 

"Okay. Thank you, oppa. See you tomorrow"

"See you. Take care" Jihoon said before walking inside the office.

Seulgi slung her backpack on her shoulder and walked into the dining area. She saw Joohyun outside the restaurant, through the glass window, talking to someone. A girl. She didn't recognized.

She frowned and slowly walked towards the door, eyes never taking off the two figures outside. She saw Joohyun hugging the unknown girl and gulped down the jealousy she was feeling.

Before Seulgi could step outside. The girl was alr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter