Chapter 7

The heart never lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A few weeks later.

Seulgi and Joohyun's actions towards each other didn't change much in front of other people, especially in front of Joohyun's parents. 

Seulgi would still annoy Joohyun and Joohyun would still physically hurt Seulgi.

But when there's only the two of them. Joohyun would always cling on the younger girl, hugging her or holding her hand. 

And Seulgi would just let her, since she secretly likes being physically close to the older girl. 

The day they were back in Seoul.

Seulgi had already introduced Joohyun along with Jennie and Hyojoo as her friends to her mother and also Daehan's grandparents.

Although Mrs. Kang already know Joohyun as Mr. And Mrs. Bae's daughter, she still haven't met her before.

That's why she couldn't help but compliment Joohyun's beauty once she finally saw her. Joohyun could only blush. While the other girls laugh at her reaction.

Also that day, Joohyun, Jennie and Hyojoo got to meet and spend time with Daehan. Playing and eating dinner together.

Daehan also got comfortable with Joohyun in that short period of time, that he wouldn't let go of her, once Joohyun, Jennie and Hyojoo needed to go home. Since it was getting late already.

Joohyun ignored Jennie's teasing and promised the child that she would come back next weekend to visit him.

And from then on, it had became a routine for the three of them to spend weekends together. Either at Daehan's house with Mrs. Kang and the old couple or at the park near Joohyun's house.

They would also invite Jennie and Hyojoo to go with them. But it was mostly just the three of them spending time together.

Just like now.

She's at the amusement park with Daehan and Seulgi. The child got bored staying at the same place, that's why he requested for them to go to the amusement park to have fun.

"Where should we go next?" Joohyun asked while holding the child's hand tightly, afraid that he would just run off somewhere without them.

They had just gotten off another fun ride, and were now walking around the amusement park, trying to find another ride to try. 

"I think we should eat first unnie. It's almost 12:30pm" Seulgi said while looking at her watch.

"Okay. What do you want to eat Daehan-ah?" Joohyun asked while wiping the child's sweat with a handkerchief and adjusting the cap he was wearing, since it was a bit sunny.

"Candy!" The child said happily.

"No. We're not eating candy for lunch, Daehan-ah" Joohyun chuckled.

"Ice cream?" The child said hopefully  while pointing at the ice cream shop they were passing by.

Joohyun shook her head. "No. You need to eat real food first" 

The child pouted. 

Joohyun sighed. "We'll come back here after we eat lunch. How about that?" 

"Okay" The child smiled.

After discussing with Seulgi on what food to eat. They finally decided for some western food.

Once they were done eating, they went back to the ice cream shop for their dessert.

"Is it good?" Seulgi asked the child as they sit on the table and enjoy their ice cream. 

Daehan grinned and nodded, before his ice cream cone again. 

"You're a messy eater, huh? Good thing we brought an extra shirt for you" Joohyun chuckled as she wiped the child's cheeks and hands with wet wipes.

Seulgi purposely spread ice cream on her upper lip and called the older girl's attention.

"Me too, unnie. I have ice cream here. Look" Seulgi pouted her lips while pointing at it.

Joohyun rolled her eyes. She grabbed another wet wipes and then reached over the table, to wipe the younger girl's lips, while smiling.

"You have some too, unnie" Seulgi said before raising her ice cream covered finger and spreading it on the older girl's nose. 

Joohyun gasped at the cold sensation. "Yah! Kang Seulgi!" She slapped the younger girl's arm.

Daehan laughed at the two adults while Seulgi just chuckled, before helping Joohyun wipe the ice cream from her nose.

"You're so d.e.a.d once we get home" Joohyun glared at Seulgi.

Ever since Joohyun found out about Mrs. Kang's condition. She has been sleeping over at Seulgi's house, almost every night for a week now. The only time she couldn't sleep over, was when she has an early morning class the next day.

Joohyun was worried something bad would happen to the middle aged woman, if she was alone in their home, while Seulgi was out, working at the convenience store at night.

Although Mr. And Mrs. Song were just a few steps away, Joohyun knew that the old couple wouldn't be able to do much, since they were both old and weak. If god forbid, something would happen.

Of course, she asked Mrs. Kang's permission first, before sleeping over, because she didn't want to invade their privacy and Mrs. Kang was fine with it, since she also likes talking to Joohyun about a lot of things. 

Joohyun's parents were also okay with it, since they already knew Mrs. Kang and Seulgi.

While Seulgi was just happy to be able to spend more time with the older girl.

"I'm sorry, unnie. I promise it won't happen again" Seulgi apologized while smiling sheepishly. 

"You better" Joohyun glared at the younger girl.

"Mommy noona, can I have more ice cream please?" Daehan asked innocently.  

Joohyun's attention was brought back to the child.

"I'm sorry Daehan-ah, but you can't have ice cream anymore. You might get stomache if you eat a lot." She said while wiping the child's hands, which was covered with melted ice cream.

"Please?" Daehan pleaded with puppy eyes.

Seulgi chuckled. "He already knows how to use his secret weapon on you unnie" 

Joohyun pursed her lips. She wanted to be firm with her decision, but she also couldn't resist the puppy eyes. 

Joohyun sighed in defeat. "Fine. But this is the last one, okay? No more after that or else we'll go home straight" 

Daehan grinned and nodded. 

"Unnie, I want another ice cream too" Seulgi pouted. 

"You haven't even finished yours" Joohyun said while standing up and fixing her clothes.

Seulgi looked at the cone in her hand and then at the older girl, who was about to go to the counter, before looking back at the cone again.

"Wait unnie" 

Joohyun stopped and turned to the younger girl. "What is it?"

Seulgi didn't respond and just quickly eat the remaining ice cream in her hand. She groaned and closed her eyes tightly, when the cold treat spread inside and teeth. 

 "Brain freeze!" She yelled a few seconds later while holding her head.

"Oh my gosh!" Joohyun looked at the younger girl with wide eyes. She didn't know wether to laugh or pity Seulgi.

A few customers looked their way and chuckled before going back to their own conversations.

Meanwhile Daehan just kept laughing at Seulgi's funny expressions.

Seulgi tapped her feet anxiously on the ground while pressing her tongue against the roof of . She waited for a few seconds and then sighed in relief when the pain was finally gone.

"Are you okay now?" Joohyun asked worriedly.

Seulgi opened her eyes and smiled. "Yes, unnie. Can I have another chocolate ice cream please?" She said with a grin as if nothing happened.

Joohyun sighed. "You know, you didn't have to do that. I was going to buy you one anyway, but in a cup, so you won't have to worry about it melting" 

"Why didn't you say so?" Seulgi pouted.

"I was going to surprise you with it. You big baby." Joohyun laughed.

"Big baby" Daehan continued laughing while pointing at Seulgi face.

"Yah! You brat! Stop laughing" Seulgi playfully scolded the child while messing his hair.

Joohyun smiled and shook her head fondly. "Okay kids. I'm going to buy ice cream now. Don't fight okay?" She joked before walking to the counter.

Seulgi turned to looked at the older girl and smiled dreamily. She still couldn't believe that the girl she was just crushing on before, was now the girl she's dating.

Last night, they had finally agreed to start dating each other.

Joohyun had been whining about it for awhile now. So she finally gave in.

They still haven't decided though, if they should tell their friends and families about it or just keep it a secret for now. 

A slight bump on her shoulder was what brought Seulgi back to reality. She blinked a few times and then looked at the person who bumped into her. She saw Sunmi looking down a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter