Chapter 11

The heart never lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Hyun, can you please come here at the house now? I need your help. I don't know what to do anymore.

 

Joohyun frowned at Jennie's text message, that was sent three hours ago. She sat up and quickly dialed her bestfriend's number. 

It took three rings before, Jennie picked it up. 

"Hello?" Jennie answered weakly. 

"I'm sorry, I just woke up and just saw your message now. What happened?" 

"I need your help" Jennie said desperately.

"What's wrong?" 

"I'll tell you later. Just please come here?"

"Okay. I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Thank you." Jennie ended the call. 

Joohyun sighed and placed her phone down on the nightstand. 

She looked at Seulgi's side of the bed and placed her hand on it. She noticed that it was cold already. Seulgi must have been up for a few hours now. 

She remembered what happened at the convenience store last night and grinned.

Although it wasn't how she planned on telling Seulgi that she loves her. She was still happy that she was able to say it. And the most important thing was, Seulgi loves her back.

She sighed in content. She then took the blanket off of her and stood up. She grabbed her clothes and towel before going to the bathroom. 

After a few minutes, Joohyun finally got out of the bathroom, dressed in a white shirt and jeans.

She went back to Seulgi's room to get her phone and wallet before going downstairs.

She saw Daehan eating at the dining table and smiled. 

"Hi Daehan-ah!" She went to the child and kissed his head. 

"Mommy noona! Say ahh" Daehan offered a kimbap.

Joohyun opened and eat it.

"Thank you" She smiled and carressed his hair. 

Daehan grinned and continued eating. 

"Where's your umma noona?" Joohyun asked when she noticed that Seulgi was nowhere to be seen.

"Phone" Daehan answered while pointing at the back door, behind him.

"Hmm. Finish your food okay?" Joohyun kissed Daehan's chubby cheek before walking towards the door. 

She heard Seulgi's hushed voice as she got closer. She frowned and leaned on the wall beside the open door to listen. 

"No! Don't do that to her, please?" Seulgi pleaded into the phone.

Joohyun pursed her lips. Wondering who Seulgi was talking to.

"I'm sorry. Yes. But I thought we already agreed to it? Okay. Fine. Bye" Seulgi ended the call and sighed.

She pocketed her phone and then walked back inside. 

Joohyun, who was listening, quickly moved away from the door, and pretended she just got there. 

"Babe! Where have you been? I've been looking all over the house for you" 

"Just getting some fresh air." Seulgi paused when she noticed Joohyun's clothes. "Where are you going babe? Why are you dressed up?"

Joohyun sighed. "I need to go to Jennie's house. She needs help with something"  

"Are you going to be there for awhile?" Seulgi asked as she wrapped her arms around Joohyun's waist.

"I don't know. Maybe? Why did you asked?" Joohyun hugged Seulgi back.

"We'll be going to the park with Daehan this afternoon, remember?" 

Joohyun cursed and leaned back to look at Seulgi's face.

"I'm sorry babe. I forgot. I thought it was next weekened" 

"It's okay. I'll just tell Daehan you won't be able to come with us"

"No. I'll go there after I'm done at Jennie's house." 

"Okay" Seulgi said before cupping Joohyun's cheeks and kissing her lips hungrily.

Joohyun hummed and then pushed Seulgi back gently, breaking the kiss. 

"Daehan's here" She reminded the younger girl.

"I forgot" Seulgi smiled sheepishly. 

"You're so cute" Joohyun pinched Seulgi's cheek gently, earning a pout.

She smiled and then sighed dreamily.

"I love you" 

Seulgi blushed. "I love you too" She said shyly while avoiding the older girl's eyes.

Joohyun cupped Seulgi cheeks and kissed her lips briefly before looking around.

"Babe, where's Auntie?" 

"She went with grandma to the market."

"Hmm" 

"Should we have lunch now? I've cooked your favourite pork bulgogi because I know you'll be hungry. Since you didn't eat breakfast" Seulgi said as she carressed Joohyun's hair.

Joohyun nodded.

"Let's go" Seulgi guided the older girl back to the dining area. 

"Umma noona! Mommy noona! Look! I ate all the vegetables" Daehan showed his empty plate proudly.

Joohyun smiled. "Good job! Daehan-ah!"

Seulgi was suspicious. She scanned the dining table and noticed a lump on the tablecloth next to the child. She lifted it up and saw the vegetables underneath it.

"Song Daehan. What did I tell you about lying?" 

"Lying is bad and bad people don't go to heaven." Daehan pouted. "I'm sorry, umma noona" 

Seulgi sighed and hugged the boy. "It's okay. But next time don't lie okay? Just leave it on your plate, if you don't really want it."

"Okay, umma noona." 

Seulgi kissed his head. "Have you finished drinking water?" She asked the child as she lets go of him. 

Daehan nodded. 

"Okay. Go watch your favourite show now. Me and your mommy noona are just going to eat" Seulgi went to the living room with the child to turn the tv on.

Joohyun smiled. Seulgi might be childish sometimes, but she's really mature when it comes to Daehan's wellbeing. 

She wondered what it would be like, if they got married and have children together in the future. 

Seulgi came back to the dining room a few seconds later.

"Why are you smiling, babe?" Seulgi asked as she approached Joohyun and then placed her hands on the older girl's waist.

"Nothing" Joohyun pecked her lips. 

"Okay. Just wait here, I'll go get us a plate" Seulgi removed her hands and then went to the kitchen. 

Joohyun sat down on the chair and waited for the younger girl.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Is everything ready?" The girl asked as she entered the room.  

The two girls occupying it, turned to her and nodded. 

"Yes, unnie. I've already called them. They said they're just waiting for the go signal." The girl sitting on the couch answered without taking her eyes off of the book she was reading.

"I hope they don't mess up" The girl said and crossed her arms.

"Don't worry, unnie. They're professionals." The other girl smiled.

"Good." The girl smirked. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Joohyun got off the bus and then walked towards the direction of Jennie's house. 

As she was walking, her phone started ringing. She fished it out from her pocket and answered it.

"Hello? Yeah. I just got off the bus, Nini. I can't just teleport there now, can I? Yes. I know. Okay. Bye" 

Joohyun ended the call and sighed.

She pocketed her phone and stopped at an intersection. Waiting for the light for the pedestrian crossing signal to turn green. So she could cross the street safely.

As she was waiting, she noticed a black van stopped near her. She didn't mind it and just looked around.

 Suddenly she felt a hand grab her arm. And before she could react. A handkerchief was placed on her nose, causing her to pass out.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Seulgi shifted on the bench she was sitting at, eyes glued at Daehan, who was running around the park with a few children they just met. Making sure that the child won't get hurt or run off somewhere with the other kids.

"May I sit here?" 

Seulgi turned to the voice and saw Seungwan, looking down at her with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, sure unnie" Seulgi forced out a smile and pulled Daehan's backpack closer to her, to give more space for the older girl.

Her eyes returned to Daehan again. She smiled proudly when she saw Daehan helped a little girl, that fell on the ground, stand up and dusted off her hands and knees.

"Where's Joohyun?"

"She went to Jennie unnie's house, unnie" Seulgi answered without taking her eyes off of Daehan.

Seunwan hummed. "I used to come here with Joohyun and Jennie when we were kids." 

"Joohyun unnie told me that the three of you were friends since you were seven years old"

"Yeah. We were close before, but I did something stupid that made them hate me, especially Joohyun" Seungwan sighed. "Fortunately, Joohyun has forgiven me and talks to me now, but unfortunately Jennie still hates me and won't talk to me again" 

Seulgi pursed her lips. She wanted to ask the older girl something personal, but decided not to.

"I'm sure Jennie unnie just needs some time, unnie. She'll talk to you again"

"I hope so" 

They fell into silence. 

Daehan suddenly came running to Seulgi.

"Umma noona, water please?"

"Are you having fun?" Seulgi asked Daehan as she took the water bottle out of his backpack. She unscrewed the cap first, before giving it to him.

"Yes," Daehan nodded while receiving the water bottle. "Thank you" He took a sip on it.

"Careful" Seulgi said while wiping his sweaty face.

Seulgi saw Daehan look at Seungwan and quickly introduced him to her. She knows how wary he is of strangers. 

"Daehan-ah. This is Seungwan noona. She's friends with Jennie noona and your mommy noona" 

"Mommy noona" Seulgi heard Seungwan whisper to herself, but ignored it.

"Daehan-ah, introduce yourself" Seulgi said while fixing the towel she placed on his back.

Daehan stopped drinking and lowered the bottle before bowing politely.

"I'm Song Daehan. Nice to meet you, noona" 

Seulgi smiled proudly and kissed his cheeks as he started drinking again.

"Nice to meet you too Daehan. I'm Son Seungwan." Seungwan smiled and turned to Seulgi. "He's is so cute. Is he your nephew?" 

"No, unnie. He's our neighbor's grandchild. But I treat him like my own nephew already"

"Ah okay" 

"Umma noona, when is mommy noona coming? I thought she'll be here with us now?" Daehan pouted.

Seungwan's brows raised a bit, but didn't say anything.

"She's still at Jennie noona's house. Maybe they're busy with something. Don't be sad. We'll go to the amusement park next weekend with your mommy noona. How about that? You like that, right?"

Daehan nodded happily and took another sip from his bottle before giving it back to Seulgi. 

"Thank you, umma noona" He said before running back to his new friends.

Seulgi screwed the cap back and then placed the water bottle back on his backpack.

"Does he call Joohyun, mommy?" Seungwan asked curiously. "And why did he call you umma noona? If you don't mind that is" She quickly added.

Seulgi turned to the older girl beside her and nodded.

"It's actually mommy noona, unnie. Joohyun unnie let him call her that because Daehan's mother already died when he was still a baby. Joohyun unnie felt sorry for him" Seulgi explained before looking at the child again. 

"And as for me, the reason why Daehan calls me that, was because I was the one he always saw since he was a baby. That's why he thought I was his mother. We tried to correct it, but he already got used to it. So we just let him" 

Seungwan hummed. 

Seulgi saw Daehan got pushed by a boy his age and quickly stood up. But before she could run to Daehan, he was already up on his feet and laughing, while dusting off his pants and hands. 

Seulgi sighed in relief and sat back down. She decided to just let him be on his own for now, so that he would become stronger in the future. 

"I love Joohyun" Seungwan mumbled.

"Hmm? What is it unnie?" Seulgi asked distractedly, without taking her eyes off of Daehan. Making sure he was okay.

"I love Joohyun." Seungwan more clearly this time, earning Seulgi's attention.

"I know you're already her girlfriend, but I won't give up that easily. I'll try everything to make her love me again" Seungwan said with determination in her eyes. 

Seulgi clenched her fist.

This was what she was afraid of happening. Because she knows that there's always a huge possibility that Joohyun would leave her for Seungwan in the future. Even if the older girl already told her that she doesn't love Seungwan anymore. 

"You've already got your chance before unnie and you blew it up. Joohyun unnie and I, love each other. So don't even think about it" Seulgi said through gritted teeth.

"She already told you, huh?" Seungwan smirked. "And was that a threat? Are you afraid that she'll break up with you because of me? If you love each other- If you think that her love for you is strong, then you won't be afraid of me, coming in between the two of you, right?" 

Seulgi pursed her lips and looked away. She was afraid that the older girl would see the vulnerability in her eyes.

"I'm not trying to threaten you, unnie. I'm just saying that I have faith in Joohyun unnie and our love. So I'm sure that you won't break us apart" 

"Let's see then" Seungwan said before standing up. "Remember. I've known her longer than you. So I know her well. That's all. Nice talking to you. Bye" She walked away.

Seulgi closed her eyes, took a deep breath and then released it slowly, calming herself down.

She doesn't know what to do.

She wanted to tell Joohyun what Seungwan and her just talked about. But she was also afraid that Joohyun would get mad at her. Joohyun might think that she just wanted to stop them from talking to each other again because she was jealous of Seungwan.

She opened her eyes and sighed. She decided to keep it to herself for now, until she could think of something. 

Suddenly her phone began ringing. She pulled it out from her pocket and answered it.

"Hello?" Seulgi frowned when she heard what the person said from the other line. "Okay. I'm going there now. Bye" 

Seulgi ended the call and pocketed her phone. She grabbed Daehan's things and stood up before approaching the child. 

"Daehan-ah, let's go" 

Daehan stopped playing and looked at her.

"I want to play more" He pouted.

"We're going to do something for your mommy noona. Say goodbye to your friends now" 

Daehan quickly bid goodbye at his playmates, before running to Seulgi.

"What is it, umma noona?" Daehan asked as he grabbed Seulgi's offered hand.

"We're going to surprise her. You will help me right?" Seulgi tightened her hold on the child as they walked on the sidewalk.

"Yes!" Daehan smiled and nodded excitedly.

Seulgi smiled back. At least Daehan's afternoon wasn't ruined.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Joohyun stirred awake. She groaned and slowly opened her eyes. 

S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter