Chapter 10

The heart never lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Joohyun stirred awake when she felt her arm was being slowly lifted up, away from her source of warmth. She groaned and hugged Seulgi tighter.

"Don't go" She mumbled sleepily, eyes still closed.

"Babe, I'm going to be late. It's already 10pm. I still have to take a shower" Seulgi whispered and then kissed Joohyun's forehead. 

"It's Saturday. You don't have work on weekends at the store right?" 

"I have to cover someone's shift, remember?" 

Seulgi only works at the convenience store from 12am to 5am on weekdays. But everytime she was needed to cover a late night shift on weekends. She would readily agree, since her boss would give her extra money during payday.

"Just.. don't go to work please?" Joohyun whined.

Seulgi chuckled softly. "You're more clingy now that we're officially together, huh?" 

Joohyun just snuggled closer to Seulgi's neck.

"Babe, I really have to go prepare now" 

"No" Came Joohyun's muffled voice.

"If you want, you can come with me" Seulgi rubbed Joohyun's back affectionately.

Joohyun shifted and slowly opened her eyes. She yawned and then leaned back to look at Seulgi's face. 

"What about auntie?" She asked sleepily as she rubbed her still sleepy eyes.

Seulgi smiled at the cute sight. "She'll be fine."

"But babe-" 

"You've heard what the doctor said, right? She's responding well to the treatment. She's not as weak as before. She's doing fine now, babe. Don't worry" 

Last Thursday, after her mother's chemo session. The doctor told them the improvements in her mother's health. 

Although Mrs. Kang still felt the side effects after the procedure. It wasn't as severe as before and she felt fine after a few hours.

Seulgi was happy with it. Even if her mother still have three more sessions to go and it would take years before she would be declared cancer free, Seulgi was still happy with the result now.

"Is it really okay to go with you? Wouldn't I disturb you?"

"Yeah. It's okay. I mean there's not much customers around that time anyway. And it's actually boring sitting there alone. Waiting for customers to come inside the store. At least with you around, I'll have someone to talk to" Seulgi carresed Joohyun's cheek. 

Joohyun pursed her lips. "What about your boss? Wouldn't you get in trouble if he or she finds out about it."

"Nah. He doesn't really care. As long as I don't just leave the store unattended. It's fine" Seulgi paused and then continued. "But if you're tired, then it's okay. Just stay here and rest" 

"No. I want to go with you" Joohyun pouted. 

Seulgi chuckled and pecked Joohyun's lips. 

"Okay. Do you want to take a shower first or me first?" 

"Why not together?" Joohyun smiled cheekily. 

Seulgi blushed. "I'm going to take a shower first then"

She untangled her body from the giggling Joohyun and grabbed her clothes and towel before quietly running out of the room.

Joohyun smiled fondly at her girlfriend. 

"Girlfriend" She mumbled before grabbing a pillow and squealing into it.

Once she has calmed down, she uncovered her face and then sighed in content. Staring at the ceiling with a dumb smile on her face.

Suddenly her phone started ringing. She grabbed it from the nightstand and then stared at the phone screen. She saw the caller ID and frowned.

     

           Seungwan calling......

 

Joohyun pursed her lips and sat up. Contemplating on what to do.

Up until now, she still felt guilty for not telling Seulgi the whole truth last Tuesday night.

She knew that she should have told Seulgi, that she met Seungwan before going to the bakery. But it had just slipped off her mind. And when she finally remembered about it. She got scared.

She was scared that Seulgi might think that she was cheating on her-- even if they didn't do anything wrong and just eat breakfast together-- that's why she hid it. 

Especially since she was also planning on telling Seulgi that Seungwan was her first love.

She didn't want to hide anything from the younger girl anymore. Now that they're officially together.

The phone finally stopped ringing.

She sighed in relief, but then a few seconds later, she received a message.

She hesitantly opened it. 

   

          Hi. Are you sleeping already? Can we see each other again, tomorrow?

 

Joohyun closed her eyes and dropped her phone on the bed.

She hates herself.

She hates herself for having a soft spot for the girl who hurt her badly before.

"Babe, it's your turn" 

Seulgi entered the room again, dressed in her uniform, a black and yellow shirt, and faded jeans, with a towel hanging on her shoulder.

Joohyun opened her eyes and looked at Seulgi in guilt. 

"What's wrong?" Seulgi frowned when she saw Joohyun's troubled look.

She dropped the towel on the table and then walked closer to the bed. She sat down on it, next to the older girl.

"Are you okay? Tell me, what's wrong?" She cuppped Joohyun's cheeks.

Joohyun pursed her lips and sighed. 

"Babe, I have to tell you somethin-"

The second alarm started ringing. 

Seulgi smiled apologetically. "Babe is it okay if we talk about this later? At the convenience store? I'm really going to be late now"

"Oh. Sure. I'm sorry. I'll go take a quick shower now" Joohyun took the blanket off her body and swung her legs to the side of the bed, just as Seulgi stood up.

"It's okay, babe" Seulgi offered her hand and Joohyun took it, letting Seulgi help her stand up. 

Seulgi kissed her lips and then wrapped her arms around Joohyun's shoulder, hugging her tight.

Joohyun hugged the younger girl back and sighed in content. Silently thanking Seulgi for comforting her.

"I'll go now" Joohyun broke the hug and kissed Seulgi's right cheek before grabbing her clothes and towel. 

Seulgi smiled at the older girl, but then it faded once Joohyun was out of sight. 

She went to the nightstand and grabbed her phone.

She unlocked it and opened the message she received earlier, from an unknown number.

              

                                  

                                  Back off. She's mine

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Joohyun hugged Seulgi's arm tightly as they walked towards the convenience store.

Although she was already wearing a white shirt and red sweater underneath a black padded jacket and skinny jeans. She still felt a bit cold.

"Are you okay?" Seulgi asked Joohyun when she felt her shiver a bit from the cold wind that blew in their direction.

"Y-Yeah" Joohyun stuttered.

Seulgi smiled fondly and stopped walking, Joohyun stopped as well and looked at the younger girl curiously.

Seulgi then took Joohyun's hands off her arm, causing the older girl to whine in protest.

"Babe, I'm just going to hug you. So you won't feel cold anymore" Seulgi chuckled as she succesfully removed Joohyun's hands off her arm.

Seulgi then wrapped her arms around Joohyun's body, hugging her close and protecting her from the cold wind. 

Joohyun wrapped her own arms around Seulgi's waist, under the younger girl's white jacket. Seeking for more warmth. 

Once Seulgi was sure that the older girl was okay. They continued walking. 

A few minutes later they finally arrived at their destination. 

Seulgi unwrapped one arm from Joohyun to open the door. 

"Yo! Seul! What took you so long?!" A blonde haired girl asked as they entered the store. "And who's that? Is she your friend? How come you never introduced me to her before?" The girl added when she noticed Joohyun in Seulgi's arms.

"Yah! Unnie! She's my girlfriend! Don't even think about it!" Seulgi hugged Joohyun tighter. 

Joohyun blushed at Seulgi's possessiveness.

"Lucky b1thc! That's your girl?" The blonde haired girl sighed. "Why do all attractive girls that I meet, were either taken or straight?" 

"Maybe you should try dating Yongsun unnie instead" Seulgi teased. 

The girl made a face. 

Seulgi chuckled. "Just go home already. I know you're tired." 

"Wait! Let me introduce myself to her first" The blonde haired girl grabbed her backpack and then run around the counter, before stopping in front of Seulgi and Joohyun, with a wide smile.

"Hi. My name's Moon Byulyi. But you can call me baby- I mean you can call me Byul. Nice to meet you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter