Chapter 5A

The heart never lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Joohyun groaned when she felt something tickling her nose, disturbing her sleep. She swatted it away in annoyance and snuggled closer to the pillow she was hugging. Going back to sleep.

A few seconds later, she felt something tickling her left ear, causing her to flinch.

"Kang Seulgi, stop it" She mumbled sleepily. Still refusing to open her eyes.

"Come on, unnie. Wake up. It's already 6:30am" 

Joohyun frowned when Seulgi started shaking her. "It's too early. I'm still sleepy." She mumbled, and covered her head with the pillow.

"Unnie. Let's go have breakfast. I'm hungry" 

Joohyun mumbled something.

"Huh? I can't hear you, unnie" 

Joohyun took the pillow off her face and answered again, eyes still closed. "I said. You go ahead and eat first. I'm not hungry" 

Joohyun heard a sigh, but nothing after that, so she decided to go back to sleep, hugging the pillow closer to her chest.

But before she could drift off to dreamland again, she felt droplets of water on her cheek.

She groaned and finally opened her eyes. "Kang Seulgi I told you to-" 

Joohyun stopped when she saw Seulgi hovering above her, with a huge smile on her face.

"Good morning unnie"

Joohyun blinked a few times, processing everything, before shrieking and pushing the younger girl away, hard.

"Arghh!"

Seulgi groaned when her landed on the floor. 

Although there was a fluffy carpet next to the bed, that cushioned her fall. It doesn't mean that it didn't hurt at all.

Joohyun, realizing what she did, quickly sat up and checked on Seulgi. 

"Are you okay?" Joohyun asked worriedly. She felt guilty because she didn't mean to push the younger girl that hard. 

"Y-yeah" Seulgi said while using the bed to pull herself up with her right hand and soothing her aching with the other one.

Joohyun bit her lips and grabbed Seulgi's arm, to help the younger girl sit on the bed. Her sleepiness was completely gone now.

"I'm really sorry Seulgi-ah. I didn't mean to push you hard. I was just startled." 

"It's okay unnie" Seulgi smiled a bit and then lied down sideways, on the bed, below Joohyun's feet. "At least you're awake now" she joked while still soothing her aching .

"How did you even wake up early? We slept at almost 1am, right? And did you took a shower already?" Joohyun asked after noticing Seulgi's wet hair and new set of clothes she was wearing.

Seulgi stopped rubbing her , since it didn't hurt anymore and quickly sat up, to get the towel she dropped when she fell down.

"Um.. I'm already used to only having three or four hours of sleep, that's why I was able to wake up early. Actually I woke up at around 4:30am and then went on a jog with Jennie unnie. And once we came back, I took a shower"

Seulgi answered as she started drying her hair with the towel, to distract herself.

Actually the real reason why she woke up early was because Joohyun accidentally slapped her on the face, waking her up.

She didn't realized it at first that she was hugging the sleeping Joohyun, but once she did, she quickly let go and sat up in panic. Thankfully the older girl was a heavy sleeper and didn't wake up when she moved. Or else she would have been slapped for real this time.

Since she couldn't sleep again, she decided to go out of the room, and go to the backyard. Jennie just happened to be awake at that time and saw her from the room, she was staying at and decided to join her.

They talked for a bit before they decided to go for a jog.

Joohyun frowned when she heard Jennie's name. She remembered what they talked about last night and felt a bit uncomfortable. 

"Were you two alone?"

Seulgi nodded. "Yeah. I wanted to ask you to join us, but then I remembered we slept late last night. So I didn't disturb you" 

Joohyun pursed her lips and sighed. "Next time if you wanted to go somewhere, just tell me. So I can accompany you. Don't just go with anyone" 

"It was Jennie unnie, anyway" 

"But still. You shouldn't just go anywhere without me, okay?"

Seulgi stopped drying her hair and looked at the older girl. 

Joohyun shifted awkwardly when she saw Seulgi's unreadable eyes. She cleared and looked away.

"I mean, you're my responsibility. You're here because my father asked you to accompany me, so if something will happen to you, then it's going to be my fault." She clarified.

Seulgi was silent for a moment and Joohyun wondered what the younger girl was thinking about.

"Okay" 

Joohyun looked at Seulgi again. "What?" 

"I said okay. I won't go anywhere without you" Seulgi smiled widely.

Joohyun slowly smiled too, but then quickly wiped it off when she realized what she was doing. 

"That's good. You should listen to me" Joohyun cleared again and then stood up. "I'll just go take a shower and then we'll go have breakfast" 

She quickly went to the closet to grab her clothes and then went to the bathroom without looking at Seulgi. She failed to see the affectionate looks, Seulgi was giving her.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Hyo, is it okay if we go somewhere after this?" Jennie asked while they were having breakfast.

Hyojoo's parents already left for work, so the four of them were the only ones left eating breakfast. Hyojoo's older sister and her husband still haven't arrived yet.

Last night, they weren't able to talk about their plans for today, because Hyojoo's parents were with them. And the couple kept talking about a lot of stuff.

"Yeah. Where do you want to go?" Hyojoo asked while pouring orange juice on her glass.

"Tell her Seul" Jennie signaled for Seulgi to speak from across the table.

Seulgi shifted shyly on her seat. She looked from Jennie, who was encouraging her and then to Hyojoo, who was waiting patiently for her to speak. 

"Um.. Hyojoo unnie, I heard that there's a digital art museum here in busan. Is it alright if we go there?" 

"Sure. But it won't open until 10am though" Hyojoo said, drinking her juice.

"That's okay. We'll just wait here, until it's time to go." Jennie said and then stole a glance at the quiet Joohyun, who was just eating her food, before smiling at Seulgi. "Seulgi-ah, can you pass me the kimbap please?" 

Seulgi nodded and then grabbed the plate full of kimbap. "Here unnie" 

"Thanks baby bear" Jennie said cutely.

Joohyun choked when she heard it. She coughed and then pounded hard on her chest. 

Seulgi, who was beside the older girl, quickly gave her a glass of water and began rubbing her back worriedly.

Joohyun took it and drank slowly.

"Are you okay now, Hyun?" Hyojoo asked after Joohyun finished drinking. 

Joohyun coughed one last time before sighing in relief.

"Yeah. I'm fine. It just went in the wrong pipe" She chuckled awkwardly and then turned to the younger girl, who was still rubbing her back. "You can stop now Seulgi. Thanks"

Seulgi complied, but still looked at the older girl. Making sure she was really okay.

"Hyunnie, you should be careful while eating. We were worried about you" Jennie said while looking at Seulgi. 

Joohyun followed where Jennie was looking at and was met with Seulgi's worried eyes.

Joohyun gulped and quickly looked away. "I'm sorry. It won't happen again" 

"So.." Hyojoo cleared and then looked at Jennie. "Baby bear huh?" she said with a grin.

"I was just teasing Seulgi. She said that it was her mother's nickname for her when she was a kid. According to her mom, Seulgi looked like a bear, but Seulgi didn't liked it. So she asked her to never use it again." Jennie said and then stole a glance at Joohyun again. She saw her bestfriend frowning while staring at her own plate.

"Oh, I thought-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter