Fresh Threads Pt. 3

The Red String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shu-hua huffed, looking at the clock on her phone as she waited at Soo-jin's stone bench, the tall woman nowhere in sight. It's been fifteen minutes past their agreed time of 7:30 pm, it's cold and she didn't bring a coat, there's a distinct smell of rain in the air, and she's consistently frustrated as she watched Soo-jin's video on repeat.

It was way too good, as if Soo-jin had practised it. The way her body rolled, her innocent smile as the video started suddenly switching to her seductive lip bite and eye roll, it was all too good to have been something that she did on the spot. She watched it again and again, completely mesmerised by her best friend as she suddenly felt a pair of cold hands grip her shoulders, causing her to yelp loudly, spin around and kick the stranger on the leg, only to see Soo-jin fall over in front of her, gripping her leg in pain.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" Shu-hua panicked, apologetic that she used so much strength to kick her, a teensy bit satisfied that she managed to vent her frustration in some form.

Soo-jin could only glare up at Shu-hua, rolling on the ground as she squeezed her thigh, unable to scold her or even groan in pain, one hand reaching out to grab onto Shu-hua's collar, trying to convey her pain and anger, her grip loosening as the pain subsided. "Why?" She signed after a few moments of laying on the ground, sitting up to look at her.

"You suddenly grabbed me in a secluded area at a dark time with no warning, and I experienced a pair of guys harassing me this morning?" She replied, looking at her with a questionable look, rolling her eyes, "I'm sorry I kicked you, but I would've kicked whoever was behind me, I just didn't know it was you. Plus, you're late, so take that as a form of punishment."

"Fair."

"Why were you so late anyway?"

"I may or may not have gotten caught making that video for you? Might have been in detention for a bit, but you can't make me prove it. I'm glad to see that you at least enjoyed it."

"What are you talking about? I didn't enjoy it, it was simply entertaining," Shu-hua replied, trying her best not to get flustered, her ears reddening as Soo-jin called her out.

"I stood behind you for about five minutes, you watched it nineteen times. I'm glad to see that you still think of me when I'm not around," she signed, getting to her feet, dusting herself off.

Shu-hua resisted the urge to kick her again, resorting to a light punch on the taller girl's arm. Soo-jin as an adult was much more infuriating than her as a child; she gained the confidence and attitude needed to carry herself like this, a cocky tomboy, and once she got her own mobile phone, her communication barrier stopped being a hindrance to her social ability.

Of course, she was still the same gentle giant that Shu-hua knew. She doesn't engage in violence but somehow managed to learn how to intimidate others very easily, while managing to appear soft and welcoming to others. When she wasn't in her teasing moods like today, she would often visit her during Shu-hua's study sessions with a snack and drink in hand, knowing her work ethic would make her forget meals, and even carry her books and walk her home, despite Soo-jin living on campus and Shu-hua living with her parents off-campus. It only takes ten minutes through safe areas, but Soo-ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter