Chapter 6

You Hurt Me

“Just open your mouth.” Baekhyun said as he held out the chopsticks towards Kyungsoo. 

The latter blushed, “You…want to feed me?”

“Hurry up before it falls.” Baekhyun answered with a small scoff. 

Kyungsoo obeyed and opened his mouth slowly. Baekhyun giggled and placed the food inside Kyungsoo’s mouth, his hand was under the food just in case. 

“More PDA than me and Jongin. And he’s my soulmate!” Chanyeol said as he took a sip from his drink and bit the straw. 

Jongin laughed as he stirred his drink around, “Just let them. They look happy.” He sent a sly smile over at Kyungsoo. He chewed slowly and looked down to avoid Jongin’s gaze. He was already feeling embarrassed, he didn’t need Jongin making him feel even more. 

“So, how was your tour?” Jongin asked as he took a big bite of meat. 

Baekhyun looked up at him, “How did you—“

“I told him.” Kyungsoo answered before he could finish his sentence. 

“Wait what?” Chanyeol suddenly burst in. 

Baekhyun winced at the realization that he hadn’t told Chanyeol yet. “I just went on a small tour of the Do Corporation…”

Chanyeol dropped his meat back into the grill as the grip on his chopsticks loosened. “You went to the Do Corporation? How did you even get in?” Chanyeol asked with wide eyes. Everyone knew that the building was restricted and only those that worked there could get in. In addition, security was tight. There was a guard in every corner and if you somehow managed to get in by some miracle, the front desk would NEVER let you get any further. 

“I—“ He blushed and his eyes shifted to Kyungsoo.

Chanyeol’s mouth dropped, “Wait, Kyungsoo took you?”

Baekhyun looked up at him and straightened up. “Yeah, Kyungsoo took me.” 

Chanyeol’s mouth dropped, “Hold on! You and Kyungsoo were alone together?”

Kyungsoo let out a small giggle as he also blushed pink. 

Jongin smiled even wider, “So I assume things are going well with you two?”

Baekhyun looked up at Jongin. He always seemed to know more than what he was letting on. Just what was Kyungsoo telling him? 

“I would love to think so…” Kyungsoo answered, looking away from Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun scoffed, suddenly feeling as though he was on the spot. 

Chanyeol looked between Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. He was happy for his friend, really was! But maybe he should tell Baekhyun the truth before letting things get serious between them. Or maybe, was it better that he kept his mouth shut? He squeezed Jongin’s hand from under the table. Jongin felt the anxiousness emanating off of Chanyeol and squeezed back. They would discuss it later. 

“Well, just keep taking things slow and see where it goes you know? There’s no reason to rush anything either.” Chanyeol told them. 

Baekhyun nodded as he took in Chanyeol’s advice. The latter was right. There was no need to feel like they had to do anything quickly.

“Oh!” Kyungsoo suddenly burst in as his eyes widened, “Jongin, my parents want me to invite you to the annual banquet.” 

Jongin looked up at Kyungsoo and raised an eyebrow, “Is it that time already? It seems like only yesterday it happened.” 

Chanyeol looked over at them, “Banquet?” He questioned as he wiped at his mouth 

“Yeah, it’s a banquet that families host every year. We go to congregate with others. Families host it in hopes of making connections with others as wealthy as themselves. Other times, it’s to look for marriage.” Jongin answered.

Baekhyun’s eyes widened, “So who goes?” 

Kyungsoo shrugged, “Anyone really. Last year it was only a few people, some being Kim Renjun—“

Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s mouth dropped, “Renjun? As in the ceo of that car company?”

Jongin nodded, “Yeah, his wife is really pretty. Too bad they’re so unhappy.” 

“Unhappy?” Baekhyun questioned as he furrowed his brows. On the cover of magazines they are always posing next to each other and look so in love. They were even voted cutest couple on several occasions.

Kyungsoo laughed, “You think that’s unhappy? Have you seen Su Jiwoo and Moo Jook? They hate each other!” 

Ok, there was no way Baekhyun believed that one at all. They were the most popular actor and actress couple. They did countless interviews together talking about how they were so fortunate to be one another’s soulmate. They were even casted on some dramas together as leads, their chemistry onscreen was undeniable. “You’re joking.” Baekhyun finally said. 

Kyungsoo shrugged as he leaned back in his seat and swished around his drink, “I wish I was.” 

“This lifestyle is lavish, but to keep it that way, we gotta marry someone of equal status.” Jongin added as he rested his chin in the palm of his hand. He let out a small sigh.

Chanyeol pouted and furrowed his brows, “But what if your soulmate isn’t in the same status?” 

“Tear the string.” Kyungsoo answered nonchalantly. He didn’t even look up from his drink. “It’s what we’re taught as kids.” He looked up to lock eyes with Chanyeol. “It , but it’s reality.” 

“But—“ Chanyeol looked over at Jongin. The latter seemed visibly uncomfortable. “You didn’t.” 

Jongin shook his head, “And I would never. But Kyungsoo is right. A lot of people are taught that and obey it instead of thinking for themselves, huh Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo nodded, “Stupid people do it because of status. But then live to regret it.” 

A thought crossed Baekhyun’s mind. But he suddenly grew afraid to ask it. Is it possible that Kyungsoo had torn his own string? 

“But status has never mattered to me or Kyungsoo.” Jongin said, bringing Baekhyun back into the real world. “I’ll still be happy and content working with my family whether or not I marry someone of equal status.” Jongin continued. 

Kyungsoo smiled softly, “I think people of our same status are so dull. A lot of them are egocentric and full of themselves. Someone who is kind, humble and hardworking, that catches my eye.” He glanced at Baekhyun, but looked back at Jongin quickly. 

Jongin sent him a small snicker. Baekhyun playfully shoved Kyungsoo, “Yah!” He exclaimed playfully. 

“Actually, that reminds me!” Kyungsoo exclaimed. “Remember that bag I walked in with?” he said as he pulled out a black bag from under the table. 

Baekhyun had completely forgotten about the bag that Kyungsoo had walked in with. He was too busy looking at Kyungsoo’s smile and how his eyes shined whenever they locked with his. 

He placed the bag on the table and looked over at Baekhyun, “It’s a present for you.” He told him with a wide grin. 

Baekhyun was immediately intrigued and raised an eyebrow, “For me?”

Kyungsoo nodded and handed the bag over to Baekhyun. 

“I hope you like it.” Chanyeol said. 

Baekhyun looked over at him, “You knew about this?” 

Chanyeol shrugged, “I may have told Jongin a few things…” 

Baekhyun scoffed and looked back at Kyungsoo, “I need to start getting you stuff too.” 

Kyungsoo shook his head, “You don’t owe me anything. Now open it.” 

Baekhyun wet his lips, but smiled nonetheless. He opened the bag slowly and reached a hand inside. He felt a box and took it out the bag slowly. He gasped once he saw what it was. 

“A camera?” He questioned as he looked at it. Not just any camera, a top of the line camera with a stand! 

He peered inside and gasped even louder at what was inside. “Kyungsoo…I can’t accept this.” 

Kyungsoo took his hand, “It’s my gift to you. Please accept it.” 

Baekhyun’s mouth was slightly open in shock. Was this guy for real? 

“Kyungsoo…” 

“Accept them Baekhyun. He means it with all of his heart.” Jongin said. 

Baekhyun nodded and reached into the bag. He pulled out a gaming headset and microphone. All of these items were of top brands, brands that he himself would never be able to afford. 

“I know how much you want a start a gaming channel.” Kyungsoo began. “You have a passion for it, I know you could be amazing. I’m just helping you get the materials you have been wanting. But I also know you work hard to be independent. You deserve this, you really do.” 

Baekhyun’s eyes watered. He didn’t know what to say. Kyungsoo was such an angel and expected nothing in return. He cared so much for Baekhyun and only wanted his happiness. How is it possible that such a human being exists? 

“Thank you.” he whispered. 

Kyungsoo shook his head slowly, “You never need to thank me for anything. You deserve the world.” 

Baekhyun smiled and didn’t even notice that he was beginning to lean into Kyungsoo. He suddenly realized and gasped. He quickly straightened up, Kyungsoo’s eyes were wide in surprise, but a small smile decorated his lips. 

***

“Honestly, I don’t even know how to set any of these things up.” Baekhyun said as he held the bag firmly in his hands. He was leaning on his car while Kyungsoo stood next to him. It was nothing when compared to Kyungsoo’s. But his Kia Optima was reliable, a couple of years old, but he never had any problems with it. 

Kyungsoo shrugged, “It’s not too difficult. Just find the place you game, set up the camera and that’s kind of it.”

Baekhyun laughed. “You make it sound easy.”

Kyungsoo let out a chuckle and leaned on Baekhyun’s car. “Maybe ‘cuz I seen some of the workers do it.” 

Baekhyun laughed. He remembers that some famous gamers actually would rent a space in the Do corporation to film their videos. Baekhyun actually watched some of the gamers and got to meet them the day of the tour. He had been completely star struck. 

Kyungsoo glanced down at his watch and looked back up at him, “Hey, it isn’t too late yet. What if I help you set up tonight?” 

“Tonight?” Baekhyun answered in disbelief. He wasn’t expecting to have company at his apartment today, much less tonight.

Kyungsoo nodded, “Yeah, unless you’re busy?” 

Baekhyun pondered. He wasn’t busy. But was he ok with being alone with Kyungsoo? The thought of being alone with him in his home made him nervous. But at the same time, it wouldn’t be the first time they would be alone at his home. Although last time was under very different circumstances. 

“No…” He replied. “It would be nice if you could help me set up everything properly.” 

Kyungsoo grinned wide, “Perfect! See you there!” Since the two of them had come in separate cars, Baekhyun would go in his while Kyungsoo would go in his own. Kyungsoo quickly climbed into his and the engine. 

When Baekhyun got into his car, it suddenly dawned on him what he had just agreed to. He was about to let Kyungsoo into his home! They would be in an enclosed space just the two of them! He took the steering wheel and quickly shook the thoughts away. Whatever happens will happen. Baekhyun was not about to let fear overwhelm him. 

He drove to his home with Kyungsoo trailing behind him. The road home seemed to be even closer than when he had left earlier. Maybe it was because his mind was on something else. He was so focused on whether or not his home was clean (it was). He tried not panicking, it wasn’t as if it was Kyungsoo’s first time in the apartment. He had been there before. But this time it was different. 

He parked in the parking garage that was meant for the people that lived in the apartment. He got out of the car and walked over to meet Kyungsoo in front of the apartment. 

The latter was standing in front, hands in his jeans. He was so handsome, black hair falling across his forehead, and black shirt clinging to his chest. Baekhyun couldn’t help but stare, but he quickly looked away when Kyungsoo turned his head. 

“Hey.” Kyungsoo greeted. 

Baekhyun smiled back, “Did you park far?” 

Kyungsoo shook his head, “No, pretty close.” 

Baekhyun lead them both upstairs into the apartment, he unlocked the door and welcomed Kyungsoo inside.

“You’ve been here before, don’t need a tour.” He told him as he shut the door behind them.

Kyungsoo laughed as he looked around. “Yeah, under different circumstances this time though. You’re not completely wasted.” 

Baekhyun winced as he recalled how stupid he must have been in front of Kyungsoo. He doesn’t remember anything from that night. He doesn’t know what he possibly could have told him. 

“Anyway, you wanna help me set this up?” He answered, quickly changing topic. 

They both made their way into Baekhyun’s room in front of his pc. 

“Wow, you got the latest model.” Kyungsoo admired as he eyed Baekhyun’s gaming pc.

“Yeah, it took a while to save up for it though.” 

Kyungsoo smiled, “I can tell you love video games. I think you’ll be a natural when you decide to set up a gaming channel.” 

Baekhyun scoffed as he pulled out the camera, microphone, and headset from the bag. Kyungsoo was too kind. Video games was just a hobby for him. He loved playing, and it was a huge stress reliever for him. Becoming a professional streamer would be a dream come true, but he couldn’t get his hopes up either. 

“Alright,” Kyungsoo began as he began placing everything by the pc. “This is the best set up for you. The sun would come from that window over there, making great lighting. And the location here of the mic would let you speak into it without it being seen on the camera.” 

He made a few final adjustments and looked over at Baekhyun, “Ok, sit down.”

“Oh!” Baekhyun blinked in confusion, but obeyed quickly. 

Once he sat down, Kyungsoo slid the headset on his head gently. He brushed his ear with his hand and Baekhyun felt that familiar static shock again. He flinched and straightened up, did Kyungsoo feel it too? 

“What’s up? You ok?”

Baekhyun nodded, ignoring the sudden beating of his heart, “Yeah.” 

Kyungsoo the camera and Baekhyun blinked into it. 

“Ok, it’s not recording, but it looks great.” He bit his bottom lip and shook his head. “I knew I should have bought those lights...”

“Lights?”

“They help with lighting. I’m such an idiot.” 

Baekhyun scoffed, “Kyungsoo, you have already done so much for me and I haven’t done anything for you. I’m really lucky to have met you.” 

Kyungsoo looked over at him slowly, “You really mean that?” 

Baekhyun nodded, “Of course. I love being around you and—“ He stopped. What had he just confessed to him? He felt his face going hot, Kyungsoo smiled wider. 

“I love being around you too.” 

Baekhyun pierced his lips together, “Kyungsoo, I want to apologize for being rude to you, if I ever was.” 

“What do you mean?” 

“Well…when you first walked into my room, I was completely hammered. I don’t remember anything from that night.” He looked up at the ceiling and let out a sigh. “When I get that hammered, I forget everything.” 

Kyungsoo stared at Baekhyun, biting his lip. Jongin told him about this. Chanyeol had said that Baekhyun forgets things when he’s that wasted. Is that why he can’t remember THAT night? Should Kyungsoo mention it? Or should he let Baekhyun figure out on his own? Or completely keep it a secret? 

“Did I say anything weird?” Baekhyun asked, bringing Kyungsoo back into the room and not where his thoughts had wandered to. 

“Weird as in?”

“Anything, just anything weird?” 

Kyungsoo his lips, “Well…you said I smelled good.” 

Baekhyun face palmed and threw his head even further back. “God, I’m an idiot.” 

Kyungsoo laughed, “Do I?”

Baekhyun the inside of his lips, “Well…yeah you do.” 

Kyungsoo smiled slyly and leaned into Baekhyun, “You smell good too.” He told him mischievously.

Baekhyun pouted, “Don’t do that…” 

“Do what?” 

“That…it makes me—“

“Nervous? Do I make you shy?”

Baekhyun bit his lip and looked up at him. Kyungsoo was actually pretty close to him. He could see Kyungsoo’s lips perfectly from this angle, so plump and inviting. 

“Yeah.” Baekhyun answered. 

Kyungsoo’s ears suddenly went red. Baekhyun noticed immediately. Was Kyungsoo embarrassed? Baekhyun smirked, “What’s wrong?” He asked innocently. He leaned forward a bit, causing Kyungsoo to move back a bit. He was completely red now. 

“Do I make you nervous Kyungsoo?” He asked sweetly, adding innocence to his tone. 

They suddenly heard a sound coming from Kyungsoo’s pants pocket. Their eyes both darted to it. 

 “Uh…I think that’s my…” Kyungsoo looked down. 

Baekhyun looked away. “You should probably answer that.” He couldn’t tell if he was grateful that the phone rang or upset by it. 

“Uh yeah.” Kyungsoo fumbled with the phone as pulled it out of his pocket. “It’s Jongin.” He said. With one swift movement, he pressed the phone to his ear and answered, “Hello?”

Baekhyun let out a breath and backed away from Kyungsoo. This was getting way too intense. His heart was beating way too fast, his breath coming out too heavy. These feelings were a lot…they were almost too much for him to handle. He wanted Kyungsoo; he wanted him badly. These emotions were stronger than any he had ever experienced before, it was a bit scary.

Kyungsoo hung up and pierced his lips together. 

“Is everything ok?”

Kyungsoo nodded, “Yeah, everything is fine. Jongin just called me to remind me of this vacation he wants to take.” 

“Vacation?”

Kyungsoo nodded, “Yeah. It’s at his lake house. He told me he’s bringing Chanyeol.”

“Oh!” 

Kyungsoo looked over at him from the corner of his eyes, “Want to come?”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened. “Go? With you to a lake house?” 

Kyungsoo nodded and smiled, “I would love if you could come.” 

Baekhyun bit his bottom lip. “When?”

“Next week, Saturday.” 

Baekhyun looked away, “You and me? At a lake house?” 

Kyungsoo smiled and wet his lips, “It can be. If you want, you and I can stay in my lake house instead.” 

Baekhyun blinked and looked back at him, “Huh?”

“It’s close to Jongin’s. You and I can stay there instead if you want us to be alone.” 

Baekhyun’s mouth dropped, then he shut it, “I—“ 

Kyungsoo laughed, “I’m teasing you, about being alone, not my lake house. But look over your schedule and let me know if you’re free next Saturday. If not, I’ll tell Jongin to plan it for another day so you can come too.” 

“Oh ok. I’ll let you know.” The fact that Kyungsoo wanted Baekhyun to go had his heart doing somersaults. He would love to go on vacation with Kyungsoo -- Chanyeol and Jongin too, of course.

Baekhyun looked over at the equipment that Kyungsoo had set up for him. It was set up so much better than Baekhyun would have ever done by himself. Then again, Kyungsoo was the professional. He had so many people renting out the spare rooms at his workplace to record their gameplays.

“When do you want to record your first video?” 

Baekhyun looked over at him, “I—don’t know if I can.” 

Kyungsoo smiled wide and shook his head, “I know you can. Just play like no one is watching.” 

Baekhyun pierced his lips together. 

“Tell you what, record yourself whenever you want. Then call me over when you’re done. I’ll help you edit.” 

Baekhyun never thought he would get an opportunity like this. The future CEO of the biggest video game company in the world wanted to help him start a gaming channel! He wanted to help Baekhyun with his lifelong dream! 

“I don’t know what to say.” 

“Say yes.” Kyungsoo finished for him. “I want to make all your dreams come true.” Kyungsoo said as he brushed a strand of hair from Baekhyun’s face. 

Baekhyun looked up at him slowly. God…how was this guy so perfect? 

“Alright.” Baekhyun whispered. “Thank y—“ 

Kyungsoo pressed his finger to his lips, “No need to thank me.” He gently placed a kiss on Baekhyun’s cheek. Baekhyun blushed a bright red, Kyungsoo giggled. 

“I have to get going now. I have work early tomorrow. But call me whenever ok? I’ll always make time for you.” 

Baekhyun walked Kyungsoo out the door, shutting it slowly when he waved Kyungsoo off. He pressed his back to the door and slowly slid down. He placed his hand on his chest in a failed attempt to try and calm his racing heart.