Elfs

Jongho and The Seven Elves

"Uhm... Mine is Jongho." he says, looking at the table in the living room that has seven chairs.

"Jongho? What a wonderful name." Hongjoong says with a smile.

Then the prince sees five elfs walking into the living room.

"These are my friends." he says to the prince, and then he points at the elf with silver hair. "This handsome guy is Seonghwa."

"You don't need to tell him that I'm handsome." Seonghwa says.

Then he points at the tall elf with black hair, whose cheeks starts turning pink. "This is Yunho." he says, making the tall elf blush even more. Hongjoong then looks at the prince. "Don't worry about him. He always blushes." 

Then he points at the blonde elf. "This elf, who is more handsome than Seonghwa is Yeosang."

Yeosang smiles and waves at the prince.

"Excuse me?" Seonghwa asks offended.

"Just kidding, I find both of you just as handome." the blue-haired elf says and giggles. Then he tells Jongho: "Yeosang is mute"

Then he points at the elf with the light brown hair and glasses. "This is Mingi. He is the smartest of all of us."

"Indeed that is true." Mingi says.

"And this is Wooyoung, who makes the best blueberry soup." Hongjoong says about an other elf with black hair. "And the last one, San, is probably sleeping at the moment."

"Yes." Wooyoung says. "Last time, I saw him, he was sleeping in our room."

"San sleeps most of the times." Hongjoong says. "Now introduce yourself, Jongho."

"I'm Prince Jongho of Niveus." he says.

They all look at him surpised.

"A prince?" Hongjoong asks.

"If I knew that we were getting a visit from a prince, I could have cleaned the house." Seonghwa says, while looking at some dirty dishes on the table.

"And I could have made some fancy food." Wooyoung says.

"Did someone say food?" the prince hears someone say.

A pink-haired elf walks into the room with a huge smile on his face, while rubbing his own belly.

"This is San." Hongjoong says.

 

Hyunjin is lying on the bed in his room, thinking of Jongho's beautiful brown eyes and his red hair.

The sound of his laughter is playing in his head like a melody.

The thought about his laughter makes him smile.

He can't wait to see his handsome face again.

His cheeks turn warm from the thought about that face.

He wonders if he should tell him about these feelings.

He gets up from his bed looking through the window.

The sun is shining outside.

With a lovely weather like that, I shall confess my feelings.

He walks out of his room.

He sees one of his servants standing outside.

The servant with the light brown hair, who he believes is called Jisung.

"Bring me my cape and my boots, Because I'm going to visit Prince Jongho." he says.

"Excuse me, Your Highness." the servant says. "But haven't you heard the news about the prince of Niveus?"

"What news?" He asks.

"Your Highness, the prince has passed away." Jisung says.

His heart starts to ache. "What are you talking about?"

"They say that he was killed by a wolf."

His eyes turn wet. "Are you telling the truth?"

"I would never tell you a lie."

Tears begin to run out of his eyes. "Thank you..." He says with a hoarse voice. "...for telling me this."

"You're welcome." the servant tells him.

The prince opens the door to his own bedroom, his eyes being bloodshot. "Please..." he tells the servant. "Let the other ones.... in the castle know... that I want to be left alone."

"As you wish, Your Highness." the servant says and leaves him.

 

Hyunjin closes the door.

He starts hearing the rain pouring outside.

He takes a seat on his bed and his heart starts hurting more.

He starts thinking of Jongho's beautiful eyes and how he is never going to see them again.

His face has turned apple red from sadness.

He grabs his pillow and starts hugging it tightly.

More tears start running out of his eyes.

The laughter starts playing again in his head and he believes that he will never hear that again.

The laughter sounds to him like a sad ballad.

He leans his face again the pillow, wettening it with his tears.

 

Jongho, Hongjoong, Seonghwa and Wooyoung are sitting at the table in the living room.

"So why are you visiting us?" Seonghwa asks.

"Because I saw this cottage and wondered if anyone lived there." the prince responds.

"But what are you doing here in the Atisia forest?" Hongjoong asks.

"It is a long story, but my step-father, King Jinyoung, wants to kill me."

Hongjoong looks at him with a concerned look on his face.

"So I can't return to the castle." Jongho says.

"You can stay here." the blue-haired elf says.

"No, he can't" Seonghwa says. "There are only seven beds in this house."

"He can sleep in mine." Wooyoung says.

"But were are you going to sleep?" The silver-haired asks.

"We'll sleep in the same bed." Wooyoung says.

"Thank you for letting me stay here." the prince says.

"You're welcome." Hongjoong says. "And we will make sure that the king won't hurt you." Then he looks at the black-haired elf. "Wooyoung, show him to your bedroom."

Then Wooyoung grabs Jongho's wrist and both of them walk out of the living room, leaving Hongjoong and Seonghwa alone.

"So how are you going to make sure the king won't hurt him?" Seonghwa asks.

"I don't know, but I will try my best to protect him."