angel 2 me

pizza your heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

@kimbong: a summary of yoohyeon cooking [PICTURE INSERTED ]

 

@kimbong: pros: the kitchen hasn’t caught on fire, little to no mess, she’s good at washing dishes, quick learner

cons: she keeps throwing pasta at the cupboard and waiting for it to stick, has cried into our shallots, minor panic fits

 

@pikayooh: everyone knows that if your pasta sticks, it’s cooked 🤩

 

@pikayooh: also i can’t help if cooking stresses me out. especially if i know i’m going to be cooking for my potential gf 😭😭😭😭😭

 

@gothgirl: literally the only thing stopping minji from being your girlfriend is you asking her 😔

 

@pikayooh: MA’AM HOW DO YOU KNOW :O

 

@gothgirl: .....did you forget that i’m her best friend and she tells me things like this????

 

@pikayooh: she......she talks about me 🥺🥺🥺🥰🥰🥰🥺

 

@yubinos: this is so nauseating i need all of this to stop so that i can scroll through my tl in PEACE

 

 

@orangejiuce 🔒: i feel a little guilty knowing what yoohyeon feels without her knowing that i know :(

 

@orangejiuce 🔒: i mean i could just follow her from this account but....there’s too much of ,,,, me... and my problems,,, on here. singnie doesn’t even know about this one…

 

@orangejiuce 🔒: i shouldn’t ... keep refreshing her profile to see her tweets if she can’t see mine. i know her account is public but it doesn’t really feel fair to her :( even if she’s so cute :(

 

 

11:20 AM

 

apple of my eye 🍎: happy new year’s eve 🥳🥳🥳🥳

 

apple of my eye 🍎: may i interest the prettiest girl ever in a pastry run to wonderland?

 

Yoohyeon: happy new year’s eve ☺️

 

Yoohyeon: and i think i should be asking you that if we’re talking about the prettiest girl ever ✨

 

Yoohyeon: nbr i’d love to bcuz i’m craving a danish 🤤

 

 

@pikayooh: oomfs look away because i’m about to tweet about minji

 

@justpeachy: i do not see it ➖👄➖

 

 

@pikayooh: i am craving a danish from wonderland but i also m*ss minji so.....hell yea i’d love to go on a pastry run with her 🥰🥰

 

@handongie: I DIDN’T GET TO LOOK AWAY IN TIME 😭😭😭😭😭

 

@pikayooh: that’s your bad bb 😙💕

 

@handongie: i can’t wait to expose your to minji i have so many stories to tell her :]

 

@pikayooh: JOKES ON YOU I’LL EXPOSE MYSELF 🤪

 

@pikayooh: i thank bora for teaching me the art of shamelessness and getting over myself 🤩🤩

 

@kimbong: i do nothing and i still get involved…

 

 

Sitting in the warm light in Wonderland and enjoying her strawberry danish, Yoohyeon takes in the moment—the calming serenity of it all, of being with Minji and listening to her talk.

 

It really isn’t fair, how beautiful Minji is. Especially not when she’s a living, breathing angel on earth. As if being beauty Herself isn’t enough, Minji is infinitely generous and kind, sweet and lovely—Yoohyeon had no chance against falling for her.

 

It’s not hard to like Minji. In fact, it’s probably harder not to like her. And proof shows in all the things she does: all her quiet chivalry, her honesty and bravery to shed her layers of defense (even if it’s at her own pace), how she extends her kindness to everyone and anyone. 

 

It’s how she wears her goodwill in her smile and how it shines in her eyes. 

 

It may sound silly, but, Yoohyeon had a good feeling about Minji the day they first met at Wonderland just by how she kindly smiled at the cashier and held eye contact with her, how she asked about her day before she ordered, how she engaged in polite small talk throughout, and how she respectfully thanked her for her work when the cashier was done before bidding goodbye with a genuine well wish for the rest of the day. 

 

Yoohyeon had been with, for a lack of better words, a complete tool who regarded service workers with absolute disrespect that ended up showing itself later on in their relationship and it taught her an important lesson. To treat anyone with human decency is one thing, but to respect and validate a person whose value is voided when they work is another. 

 

This is a trait that Yoohyeon subconsciously looks out for ever since her mistake of 2018.

 

(Yoohyeon had dated a man in the year of 2018 that cared more about his ego than anything else and he had no problem giving service workers a hard time wherever they went. Yoohyeon often ended up feeling embarrassed and ashamed about his behavior and quickly ended the relationship.

 

“Never again,” she told herself).

 

 

@justpeachy: bora is cooking a second batch of pasta just in case yooh screws it up when minji comes. even if we have their practice batches from yesterday that were completely fine. we have pasta for daaaaaays.

 

@gothgirl: pasta for breakfast, lunch, and dinner 🤤

 

@kimbong: yoohyeon was adamant about “freshness” and she pulled her puppy dog eyes on me. i am a woman with few weaknesses and that is one of them 😔

 

 

@yubinos: we all make fun of yoohyeon but she has bora teaching her how to cook for a date and cooking for her date if she messes up. we are willingly leaving our warm, cozy home on new year’s eve just so that she can be with the girl she likes.

 

@justpeachy: yooh may be whipped for minji but we’re wh*pped for her 😔

 

@handongie: you better delete that before she sees it and holds it over our heads. i can’t take her being smug about something that is absolutely right 😒

 

 

After finishing up at Wonderland, it’s an unsaid tradition now for the pair to walk to the nearest park and stroll about until the world beckons them to come back from their little bubble. It’s refreshing being with Minji; Yoohyeon feels like the problems of reality can afford to fade away just so that she can focus only on the angel beside her. 

 

Taking pictures, drawing hearts into the snow, aimlessly talking about everything and anything, the warmth that sits in Yoohyeon’s heart radiates a gentle heat that staves off the winter freeze. 

 

Yoohyeon likes words, likes how they hold so much meaning, how they bear the heart and soul of the person speaking it. And Minji chooses words so beautiful, and so right, that they take her breath away. 

 

Minji, even if talking about work is a fragile subject, has no problem with talking about the people under her wing. She regards them with a fondness and care that seems rare in the entertainment industry—like she genuinely wants the best for them and not her company.

 

“My dad and I disagree on this but I think the success of our company doesn’t depend on how well our artists perform and sell. It depends on how we take care of them, nourish their growth, and support them. Everything comes back in a circle that doesn’t end. If we put out good, we’ll get good back.”

 

Momentarily placing her chopsticks over her bowl, Minji sighs contemplatively, “I get that everything is business at the end of the day, but that doesn’t mean we can’t treat people well and be successful at the same time.”

 

Content to listen to Minji, to learn more about her through the perspectives she lives by, Yoohyeon nods attentively—supportively—to encourage Minji to go on.

 

Minji doesn’t take the bait, seems to choose to clam up again, “I’m talking too much about my work on our date, aren’t I?” 

 

Yoohyeon just adamantly shakes her head in a negative manner, “I don’t mind listening! It’s interesting to me!”

 

Minji lips form a small and fond smile, feeling reassured in a way.

 

“Maybe next time. Tell me about you and your work? My artists often talk about Rake and wanting to get a Rake Ten.”

 

Rolling her eyes at the dramatic grandeur that Minji talks with when she mentions a Rake Ten, a small laugh leaves her lips. “All I do is listen to music and write about how I subjectively find it good or not. I know Rake gets seen as pretentious, but we really do try to be fair about our reviews.”

 

Glancing at Yoohyeon’s hand that rests on the table, Minji places her own on top of it, plays with her fingers with an understanding and reassuring look in her eyes.

 

(Minji has been wanting to do that ever since they first sat down, breathes a little easier now that she feels the warmth and comfort of Yoohyeon’s hand under hers).

 

As if Minji caught on to the faint tug of insecurity in Yoohyeon’s voice, she says all the right words to ease the gnawing in her chest, “The reason why singers want to appeal to Rake so much is because the reviews are credible and people believe in them. Pretentious or not, you’re doing something right and you’re doing it well, Yooh.”

 

Yoohyeon’s positive that the warmth she feels shines in her eyes because it wells up in her chest, so much that it spills from the chambers of her heart and drips down her ribs in a gentle ebb and flow that ripples a peaceful ease throughout her body.

 

Softly smiling with appreciation on her lips, Yoohyeon flips her hand on the table so that she can hold Minji’s and run her thumb over the back of her hand, “Thank you. For saying that, Minji. It means a lot to me.”

 

Minji cheesily says, “Anything or you,” but she sounds so honest that Yoohyeon can’t help but to believe her.

 

It’s nice to have someone who gets it, who understands the grit and determination of hard work without forgetting the exhaustion that comes with it—the insecurity and doubt, the fear of judgment.

 

Yoohyeon feels like Minji really sees her—sees past her bright smile and undying ambition. She validates the human part of her that can crash and burn, the part of her that wants—no, needs—to be validated for the effort it takes to look and be strong.

 

(If only Yoohyeon knew that Minji feels that of her, that for the first time in her life, she feels seen and valued for the woman that she is by her own persistence and determination and not by the virtue of being the daughter of a successful businessman.

 

Yoohyeon makes her feel like she is capable, like she is worthy of success—success that does not have to owe itself to her father.

 

And one day, Minji will confess that, will thank Yoohyeon for her genuineness, support, and honesty because it’s all Minji ever needed to feel it for herself.

 

But, that would mean divulging in her problems—her goddamn generational trauma that likes to be chummy with her own set of issues.

 

Someday, she’ll be brave enough to be completely vulnerable with Yoohyeon. And Minji would hate to make Yoohyeon wait longer than she deserves, to give into the stability of her comfort zone instead of trusting in Yoohyeon. 

 

Yoohyeon hasn’t given her reason not to and Minji can’t really see that Yoohyeon ever would. 

 

It’s a gut feeling, but her gut has never led her astray).   

 

— 

 

[LOCATION: heaven]

[INSTAGRAM POST ]

 

pikayooh: 🎵 no matter what you are an angel to me 🎵

 

yubinos: heaven? you really are the cheesiest huh?

 

applejiuce: @yubinos it’s cute 🥰 

 

handongie: @applejiuce oh please don’t encourage her 😭😭😭

 

pikayooh: @handongie TOO LATE 🤪

 

 

[LOCATION: heaven]

[INSTAGRAM POST ]

 

applejiuce: 🎵 i don’t want another, baby, there’s no other 🎵

 

gothgirl: oh god not you too 😭

 

pikayooh: @gothgirl you say that but i bet you love it 😌

 

gothgirl: @pikayooh no i do not 😠

 

applejiuce: @pikayooh yes she does.

 

 

[INSTAGRAM POST ]

 

kim.minji: Baby steps.

 

kim.minji: And before anything gets taken out of context, no I am not pregnant, no there is not a baby in my life that is mine.

 

 

@orangejiuce 🔒: hopefully i won’t need baby steps to get to where i need to be

 

@orangejiuce 🔒: yoohyeon deserves leaps and bounds and strides. i can do it. i can be what she deserves. she doesn’t deserve to question whether or not if i want or trust her.

 

@orangejiuce 🔒: i think it’ll be my worst failure if she slips through my fingers...

 

 

@kimbong: au where yoohyeon is that fool in ratatouille while i am remi busting my in the kitchen while she falls in love with an attractive girl 😒

 

@kimbong: i’d say inept fool because he was one. but yoohyeon isn’t inept. she’s just gay and falls for people way too easily.

 

@handongie: *yoohyeon voice* I DON’T LIKE THIS CALL OUT POST >:(

 

 

@yubinos: yoohyeon probably with her past string of questionable people [PICTURE INSERTED ]

 

@yubinos: @gothgirl: does minji have any red flags we should worry about??

 

@gothgirl: uhhhhh not saying she’s perfect but taylor swift would definitely write a sweet breakup song about her if they ever happened

 

@yubinos: good enough for me 

 

 

1:00 PM

apple of my eye 🍎: thanks for paying yooh 🥺

 

apple of my eye 🍎: you’re already making dinner you didn’t have to 🥺🥺

 

Yoohyeon: don’t worry about it! i wanted to!

 

Yoohyeon: i’ll see you in a few hours!

 

Yoohyeon: and plus i might need help with cooking so let’s not speak too soon 😬

 

apple of my eye 🍎: it’s okay if you do i’m a great sous chef 👩‍🍳

 


 

@pikayooh: i come back bearing yummy pastries for my friends and i see it was expose yoohyeon hour. it’s fine i can just eat all of this myself 🤧

 

@kimbong: WE TAKE IT BACK WE TAKE IT BACK PLEASE FEED US

 


 

“Do we really need to make more pasta?”

 

Lying on the couch with her head on Siyeon’s lap, Bora savors her well-deserved rest after hustling about in Yoohyeon’s kitchen for the last few hours. (And if Siyeon keeps playing with her hair, she’ll definitely fall asleep).

 

“I want it to be perfect!”

 

Siyeon’s gaze drips with a love so tangible as she looks down at Bora before shifting her eyes to Yoohyeon, “And it will be! Even if you mess up, not saying that you will, Minji will be there to help you out; she always likes helping out in the kitchen. It’ll be pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter