sparkle in her eyes

pizza your heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

@pikayooh: if you see me swooning over minji no you do not

 

 

Pretty Subway (not the sandwich shop) Girl: I had a really good time with you today ☺️

 

Pretty Subway (not the sandwich shop) Girl: I didn’t get to properly thank you for getting me a driver 😭

 

Yoohyeon: so did i☺️

 

Yoohyeon: but i’m sure you’ll think of something 😉

 

Yoohyeon: you know,,,,

 

Yoohyeon: if you happen to be at yubinos on 52nd at around 7pm, my friends and i just might happen to be there……

 

Pretty Subway (not the sandwich shop) Girl: Hmm…suddenly I am craving for pizza and beer 😛

 

Yoohyeon: well hypothetically if i were to see you and order you a pizza and beer, what would you like?

 

Pretty Subway (not the sandwich shop) Girl: I like everything :D I love food! But, as for beer, Hite is preferred 🍺

 

Yoohyeon: i’ll keep that in mind!

 

Pretty Subway (not the sandwich shop) Girl: As much as I like it when you distract me from my work, I have to focus 😭

 

Pretty Subway (not the sandwich shop) Girl: I’m thinking about finishing early tonight to meet up with a really pretty girl at around 7 😇

 

Yoohyeon: oh 👀

 

Pretty Subway (not the sandwich shop) Girl: I’ll see you later, Yoohyeon 😉

 

Yoohyeon: 🤩

 

 

@kimbong: minji: h-

yoohyeon: 🥰🥰✨ minji ✨🥰🥰

@justpeachy: yoohyeon: MINJI PICK ME IM SO GOOFY ❤️👄❤️

@pikayooh: i don’t like this >:(

@handongie: you don’t like it because it’s true 😌  

 

 

“Yoohyeon, will you please just sit and eat? Minji said she’ll see you later.”

 

Yoohyeon pouts and whines out, “I don’t know if-”

 

Like a mimic cry, Gahyeon perfectly imitates the drawl of Yoohyeon’s voice to cut off her friend’s down spiral. Smiling triumphantly when Yoohyeon sighs dramatically and settles back into her seat, Gahyeon does her best to reassure Yoohyeon, “It’s not even seven yet. She’ll show!”

 

Taking a sip of her beer, Handong adds, “And if she doesn’t, she doesn’t. If she’s as great as you say she is, she’ll touch back with you.”

 

And Siyeon, ever so protective of her friends, continues, “And if she hurts you, she never deserved you in the first place.” 

 

(Siyeon glowers a bit as she talks and if Yoohyeon didn’t know that Siyeon actually has the threat value of a fluffy teddy bear, she might feel so intimidated by her that she would rather stand in a crowded subway car even if the seat next to Siyeon was empty).

 

Softening up, Siyeon smiles that affectionate smile she has when she talks about the people she loves, “But, you know, I know Minji. I don’t even think she’s capable of really hurting anyone. At least not on purpose…”

 

(Siyeon, behind the cold, gothic, and stoic exterior, is sweet, soft, and loving—a complete er for hugs and cuddles. Yoohyeon easily understands why Bora fell for her. On top of being a caring person who looked cold on the outside (“ it’s about the duality, Yooh!” ), Siyeon consistently proves to be a lover that likes to show her affection for her girlfriend in abundance—which is something Bora absolutely loves. And plus, Bora likes people who can keep her on her toes and Siyeon is witty, funny, and shameless. And Bora, well, Bora has an insatiable affinity for boldness).

 

Sighing, Yoohyeon wipes at the condensation dripping down the glass of beer that Yubin had poured for her.

 

Yoohyeon knows she’s overreacting, like some over dramatic teenager stewing in all her teen angst and doubt. She figures that she’s better off listening to her friends and she does her best to forget about her worries. Still, she can’t deny that she’s looking forward to seeing Minji again. (Even if she saw her for a few hours, the time passed in the blink of an eye. And some part of Yoohyeon can’t help but to feel a little hopeful for that cheek kiss she has been wanting).

 

(She’s high-strung and she knows it).

 

“You’re right. I guess I just really want to see her again.”

 

Lightly kicking her shin to get Yoohyeon’s attention, Yubin nods towards the entrance, “If you turn around, you’ll stop your moping.”

 

Rapidly turning around, so quickly that her hair whips across Bora’s face, a surge of happiness shows itself in the sunshine of a smile that Yoohyeon wears. 

 

Looking just as beautiful as she did six hours ago—no, Yoohyeon definitely did not count the hours—Minji dusts off the snow from her jacket as she takes in the decor of the pizzeria before scanning the restaurant for a certain silver-haired girl.

 

(It’s impossible to miss Yoohyeon. If not for her hair, her smile that just positively outshines all the lighting in the pizzeria is enough. Her smile makes Minji feel all gooey and soft inside, thinks that Yoohyeon could easily power all of New York City with the sheer energy and light that she gives off in her grin).

 

Before Minji can make her way towards Yoohyeon and her friends, the silver-haired woman is already standing up and walking towards her. With an outstretched hand, which Minji takes without hesitating, Yoohyeon’s smile is softer—warmer—the closer she gets. It’s physically impossible for Minji to not reflect her grin, feels how the corners of her lip naturally upturn at the beaming smile in front of her.

 

“Yoohyeon! What a coincidence to see you! The pretty girl I planned on seeing tonight just happens to be here too!”

 

The playful shock coloring her widened eyes makes Yoohyeon giggle—her heart rushes with an excitement that makes her feel ridiculously giddy and gleeful. 

 

Yoohyeon holds Minji’s hand tighter; they’re freezing cold in hers.   

 

Coyly playing along, Yoohyeon looks around the restaurant, her eyebrows furrowed in curiosity, “Oh? Where is she?”

 

Minji smiles. (It’s so charming that Yoohyeon’s heart skips—quickly races in happy circles behind her chest). After lacing her fingers with Yoohyeon’s into a hold that feels more intimate, Minji pauses for dramatic effect.

 

If Minji’s body leans towards Yoohyeon, she is not aware of it.

 

(It does. It subconsciously gravitates towards Yoohyeon’s like it yearns to be near her). 

 

Tugging Yoohyeon closer and acting like she has a secret to whisper, Yoohyeon’s feet stumble towards her. Minji’s voice is light and breezy and Yoohyeon feels a warm blush color her cheeks at the flirtatious lilt in it, “She’s right in front of me.” 

 

Yoohyeon giggles that flustered, shy sound that makes Minji feel proud of herself, like she made the greatest person in the universe laugh. Minji thinks that as long as Yoohyeon finds her funny, she’s right where she needs to be.

 

If Minji could have nuzzled her nose against Yoohyeon’s temple at the park, it’s a happy coincidence that Yoohyeon is so close when they giggle together at her clumsiness because without even thinking about it, Minji nuzzles her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter