snowfall

pizza your heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DON’T ANSWER: don’t forget to get the meat today

 

DON’T ANSWER: can you also pick up some grape juice??

 

DON’T ANSWER: singnie wants to drink it from a wine glass and see how long it takes for gahyeon to figure out she’s Not drunk and just ing around

 

 

Initially, Yoohyeon had planned to wake up early to go do her usual errands and run to the bodega. But, her mind had kept her up at night. She had spent hours in her bed thinking about her date-not-date with Minji and making friends with the butterflies fluttering in her stomach. Maybe it wasn’t the smartest idea for her to come up with scenarios about what might happen and allow herself to dream—it has always been her high expectations that hurt her the most.

 

(Yoohyeon had to realistically remind herself that a kiss couldn’t possibly be involved. “Kim Yoohyeon, that’s too soon. Let’s reel it back now.”

 

Nonetheless, Yoohyeon still finds herself justifying a sweet, quick peck on the check. Thinks, “Oh well, what’s a girl to do?” to make herself feel better about her fantasies.

 

Maybe, perhaps, if the universe was looking out for her, she’d allow it).

 

But, the hours of the night ran away from her as the sounds of the city winding down comforted her in her thoughts. Yoohyeon found herself waking up at ten in the morning, two hours past her alarm.

 

And if she wanted to be early to Wonderland on top of getting ready and spending an extra thirty minutes tossing around her clothes to find something that would be good enough to match the anticipation of the day, the bodega would have to wait.

 

 

Yoohyeon: i’ll go after seeing minji

 

Yoohyeon: i couldn’t get much sleep and overslept 😖

 

DON’T ANSWER: hey don’t sweat about seeing minji! even if she’s super successful, kinda intimidating, and really hot. i know you panic around pretty women but you’re friends with me and you do just fine 😛

 

DON’T ANSWER: and if you happen to make a fool of yourself.. .. .well...at least you’re cute

 

Yoohyeon: thx….for the vote of confidence. . .. i guess

 

DON’T ANSWER: LUV U

 

DON’T ANSWER: 😘

 

 

“Yubin, does this look good?”

 

Yubin’s eyes lift from the pages of her book and glance at Yoohyeon over the top of it. She shrugs. (At least it’s not a grimace). “I don’t know why you’re so worried. You’re going to wear that puffy down coat that covers your entire outfit.”

 

December in New York is always cold. Especially for Yoohyeon since she gets cold quite easily. (Ironic, that she loves the winter the most). “I mean, yeah. But, just in case! I want to look good!”

 

Taking another look at Yoohyeon, she is wearing a black turtleneck and blue jeans, the ends of it tucked into brown, knee-high boots. Over it, a brown suede trench coat falls to the end of her thighs. Yoohyeon runs her hand through her hair, a habit of nervousness. Today, she has her silver hair split in the middle. She looks beautiful. (She always does).

 

“It’s almost perfect, Yooh.”

 

Yoohyeon frowns, wonders what she’s missing.

 

“It’s cold out so don’t forget a scarf before you leave.”

 

Yoohyeon thinks her heart melts at Yubin’s words—she’s always been so good at making the most out of what she says.

 

(Yubin has always had this nonchalant way of caring, as if the musings of her heart and the way it loves is content with being quiet so long as it can continue to love.

 

Yoohyeon would never admit it to Yubin, but when she first met her, she had developed a crush on her that lasted for half of a year. It’s hard to not like someone so genuine and sweet, so humble in her generous humanity.

 

But, eventually, Yoohyeon had met someone new at her work and fell out of her unrequited situation. Yoohyeon always did fall out of love as quickly as she fell. Some part of her hopes that she’ll find someone who will change that. 

 

She can’t help but to follow the neon signs leading her to Minji).

 

When Yubin looks up again when she’s met with silence, there is a Yoohyeon-shaped puddle looking at her with soft, fond eyes that shine with a love so undeniable—it positively radiates from her in warm waves.  

 

They’ve never really needed words to say “I love you.” Not when Yoohyeon’s eyes say everything her heart feels, not when Yubin takes extra care of Yoohyeon and does little things like adding pads to corners because Yoohyeon’s body feels so inclined to walk into them.

 

“Which scarf? Black or white?”

 

Yubin shrugs again, knows that Yoohyeon will end up choosing the black one.

 

Before Yoohyeon leaves, she leaves a cup of hot chocolate for Yubin on the panda coaster on the coffee table.

 

(Yoohyeon makes it with two packets of cocoa powder and water instead of milk because, for some reason, Yubin prefers it that way). 

 

“I’ll see you later, Yubs! Dongie wants to meet up after you finish up work. And Gahyeon wants pizza. Hopefully, I won’t need my Heartbreak slice after today.”

 

(It’s not that Yubin has a particular pizza named Heartbreak, it’s just that Yoohyeon likes to indulge in a Meat Lover’s pizza with extra cheese when a particular love quest fails for her).

 

Before Yoohyeon closes the door behind her, Yubin calls out to her, “If Minji’s free for dinner, we’ll crack open a beer for her too!”

 

There’s something so reassuring about the thought—about Yubin’s confidence in her. Yoohyeon decides to not question her boldness, to trust that she won’t mess up this date-not-date and be intriguing enough that Minji would choose to spend more time with her and maybe even meet her friends for a casual dinner.

 

— 

 

@pikayooh: now how do i pretend that im not afraid of talking to pretty girls

 

@kimbong: i tell myself that im the prettiest girl and that usually works for me

 

@pikayooh: i don’t recall that working with siyeon

 

@pikayooh: she doesn’t count. i can’t tell myself im the prettiest girl when siyeon is

 

@pikayooh: then what??? minji’s the prettier one between us both

 

@kimbong: TAKE THAT BACK KIM YOOH >:(

 

— 

 

DON’T ANSWER: idc who you’re dating you’ll always be the prettier one to me <3

 

Yoohyeon: wait until you see minji in person. you might have to reevaluate that

 

DON’T ANSWER: if i reevaluate anything, it’s me comparing women and making beauty a competition

 

DON’T ANSWER: actually……. i have much to think about now

 

DON’T ANSWER: either way, you’ll be fine yooh!! just do your thing, fit in a smile or five, laugh some, and you’ll have minji in the palm of your hands 🤩

 

DON’T ANSWER: your smile is cute and infectious

 

DON’T ANSWER: really lovable

 

DON’T ANSWER: no homo tho ✋

 

Yoohyeon: do you want a pastry?

 

DON’T ANSWER: yes pls 🥺

 

Yoohyeon: chocolate croissant? 

 

DON’T ANSWER: yes pls 🥺🥺

 

Yoohyeon: see you at yubinos for dinner. and bring singnie please 🥺 i miss her

 

 

Yoohyeon arrives twenty minutes early to Wonderland, right on time. Surprisingly, a head of purple hair is already sitting at a table with a cup of coffee held between her hands. For what she can see, Minji is wearing a cream turtleneck and a brown tweed blazer, her wired circle glasses sitting ever so elegantly on the bride of her nose. Her hair is wavy, falling in loose waves that frame the shape of her face. (Yoohyeon has to blink her eyes to make sure the shimmering angel wings she sees behind the woman disappear). 

 

Taking out her phone and trying to stay out of her line of sight, she quickly types out a message.

 

Yoohyeon: miss minji you look lovely today ☺️

 

Minji seems to startle when she reaches for her phone on the table, her eyebrows furrowing once she sees the notification. When she looks up and swivels her head left and right with befuddlement in her eyes, Yoohyeon doesn’t have the restraint to hide her giggle behind her hands when Minji’s eyes pop wide as they find Yoohyeon behind the glass window of the shop. 

 

Shyly waving at her from where she stands, Yoohyeon feels her restless heart jump in her chest like an overjoyed child when Minji’s smile grows into an enchanting grin. 

 

Her smile is welcomi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter