kiss me thru the phone

pizza your heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back, or at least, that’s what Yoohyeon tells herself when she Google searches Minji. (Yoohyeon has had her fair share of crushes—her fair share of stalking going through their Instagrams and Twitters. Kim Minji, COO of Kim Industries, is no exception to that). The Google suggestions are mildly interesting, completely suspected in today’s day and age. It’s neither the kim minji husband or the kim minji problematic? that interests her. (Yoohyeon can’t lie that the kim minji gay tempts her interest but she decides to leave that be—leave her privacy be). However, it’s the kim minji instagram that satisfies her curiosity. 

 

Minji’s Instagram is…professional to say the least. Even with the occasional selfie, Minji’s captions are bare and short. The only post that seems to reveal the heart behind the account is the one about her white pomeranian, apparently named Cherry. Her caption is sweet and decorated in heart emojis—a bright comparison to her engagement post. (Yoohyeon supposes that the whole marriage thing fell apart, judging by Minji's state on the subway train. Yoohyeon doesn’t really know what to make about that whole situation. She decides to let time and life answer that for her whenever Minji is ready to).  

 

Running with her impulse, Yoohyeon taps on the blue follow button before her hesitance can catch up to her. (Yoohyeon’s heart races in her chest. It really shouldn’t be that big of a deal but, to her, it is). Before Yoohyeon can regret her decision, an Instagram notification pops up on her lockscreen.

 

INSTAGRAM

jiu (applejiuce) started following you.

INSTAGRAM

kim.minji sent a message.

 

— 

 

kim.minji: Hi Yoohyeon! I followed you from my personal account :D

kim.minji: My user is applejiuce!

 

— 

 

Bora has always been a meticulous dancer—incredibly passionate, skilled, and ambitious. Yoohyeon thinks she could spend the rest of her life happy if it meant being able to watch Bora dance. While she stretches out, a class of twenty students warms up as well. (Some of them are regulars; some of them recognize Yoohyeon as she sits on the couch at the side of the studio and they shout friendly greetings to her).

 

Her phone pings and a subconscious smile pulls at the corner of her lips. 

 

Pretty Subway (not the sandwich shop) Girl: Hi Yoohyeon! I’m looking forward to seeing you tomorrow :D

 

Pretty Subway (not the sandwich shop) Girl: There’s this really lovely bakery on 35th called Wonderland and I’d love to change your life with their sweets ☺️

 

Yoohyeon: i’ll see you there minji ☺️

 

Yoohyeon: (and i’m really excited to see you too 👉🏻👈🏻)

 

“Miss Yoohyeon! What’s got you smiling so big? A boy?”

 

Looking up, Yoohyeon recognizes the young girl stretching out her calves. Her eyes are playful and mischievous, her eyebrows suggestively quirking at her. (She’s one of Bora’s more skilled dancers and consistent students. She’s also the one who requested for her and Bora to dance for the class. Bora has a soft spot for her and she likes to take full advantage of it).

 

Yoohyeon fondly rolls her eyes, pockets her phone. “Get back to stretching, Ji.”

 

The girl just laughs and eases herself into the splits. Still, Yoohyeon can’t help but to indulge her, “And for your information, it’s a girl!”

 

(Jihan might have a special place in Yoohyeon’s heart too).

 

Jihan’s eyes seem to sparkle at the information, “Ooo, what’s her name!?”

 

Before Yoohyeon can sidestep her question, Bora playfully ruffles Jihan’s hair, “Only I can annoy Yoohyeonnie about her love life, Jihan. Now, go help your friends stretch out if you’re done!”

 

Even if Jihan gets up and backs away towards her friends, she pouts and jokes, “Boo! You’re no fun, Teacher Bora!”

 

Waiting for her to join her peers, Bora turns to look at Yoohyeon with eager eyes, “So, what’s her name?”

 

Yoohyeon laughs, a chirp of a sound, before playfully pushing Bora’s shoulder, “Jihan gets it from you, Bboya!”

 

Bora just shrugs, raises her eyebrows expectantly, “And? Name?”

 

Rolling her eyes, Yoohyeon feels the butterflies in her stomach flutter at the sound of Minji’s name. 

 

“Minji. Kim Minji.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter