IV: And then the world knew

A Bazaar Love

… 5.10.2018

 

[12:00 am]  Audio of Soobin X Jiyeon ‘Between Us’ Viet ver. posted 

Video garners over 200,000 views within 1 hour of its release

Youtube Vietnam trending #1

> "Jiyeon của tui đẹp nhất thế giới" (My Jiyeon is the most beautiful in the world)

>"Trời ơii Ji-Yeon của taooo dễ thương xinh mà còn hát tiếng việt chuẩn nữa chứ <3" (Oh my gosh, T-ara's Ji-Yeon is cute and pretty but she also sings in Vietnamese)

>"I don't understand a single thing but Jiyeon is the best!!" 

[1:00 am] Music Video Ver of Soobin X Jiyeon ‘Between Us’ Viet posted

> "T nhớ T-ara, dù chẳng phải Queen’s đâu, chỉ là support cho các chị thôi, nhưng t nhớ T-ara quá" (I miss T-ara, even though I'm not a Queen I still support them, I miss them)

> "Jiyeon I love you~~"

> "I hope this will blow up, she deserves this after all of the scandals..." 

[2:00 am] unannounced Music Video of Soobin X Jiyeon ‘Between Us’ Kor ver. posted 

As the third release in a span of 2 hours the video has small viewership.

> "Wait isn't that Daniel Choi?" 

> "I know this is a MV, but are they dating?"

> "I can't find anything online, but they look like a real couple in this. So cute!" 

> "There wasn't a teaser for this version, and with the way its filmed it makes them look like a real couple." 

 

[2:05 am] Park Jiyeon posts Instagram story featuring Viet. And Kor. Ver of MV

 

[2:10 am] NBA player Daniel Choi reposts Kor ver. MV in instagram story

Instagram story succeeds over a million views within the span of 10 minutes.

 

[2:15 am] dlwlrama reposts instagram story from friend Park Jiyeon of Kor ver. MV 

 

[2:30 am] Naver Forum questioning Relationship between Daniel Choi and Park Jiyeon shoots to the top with an interaction rate of 500,000 clicks

[+134,096, -85,182] "Is this supposed to be some kind of prank? They totally look like they are dating. The filming is so ing natural."

[+56,053, -32,053] "I think they are dating, he's stated he's her fan so many times." 

[+25,303, -19,536] "This is just a MV you idiots. They are not actually dating, he's way too good for her." 

 

[2:35 am] Kor. Ver MV of ‘Between us’ reaches over 5 million views with more than 200,000 comments

 

[2:40 am] Korea Dispatch releases article with photos of Park Jiyeon and Daniel Choi spotted on dates in the last few days

(Photo of Jiyeon and Daniel holding hands as they walk through a parking garage)

 

[2:55 am] (10:55 am PST) EOnline releases photos of NBA star Daniel Choi on date with ‘Kpop star Girlfriend’ on their website taken from Christmas time

 

[3:00 am] Blossom Entertainment releases statement confirming relationship between Daniel Choi and Park Jiyeon

 

[3:30 am] YG Entertainment releases statement confirming relationship between Daniel Choi and Park Jiyeon

 

[4:00 am] Kor. Ver. MV of ‘Between us’ reaches 10 million views

 

Korea Herald: How a Ballad MV creatively broke the news of a celebrity couple

If you haven’t been on naver for the past 10 hours, then you probably have no idea why Daniel Choi’s name is trending #1 on Twitter and Naver search results. 

Last night at approximately 2 am Korea Time, former T-ara’s Park Jiyeon and Vietnamese artist Soobin released an unannounced Kor. Ver of their music video for their ballad collaboration. Though the first release quickly trended #1 in Vietnam, there was not a high anticipation for it in Korea. 

However that all changed, as the video was posted on Jiyeon’s instagram story, and then reposted on Daniel Choi’s instagram story. 

If you have yet to watch the MV let me summarize it. Unlike the Vietnamese ver. which revealed a bubbly romance story that started from text exchanges. 

This music video was filmed through the lenses of a smart phone, where Jiyeon is clearly sitting beside her ‘Boyfriend’. This unknowing boyfriend is wearing a cap over his face, as scenes shift to her with the same man on several ‘dates’. 

The vlog-like video is adorable as she expresses an adorable amount of affection to the mysterious man, to try and get his attention. 

Finally, as she holds the phone up for us all to see her sulking sitting beside the mysterious capped man. The man turns towards the camera, revealing his face— and sure enough its NBA star Daniel Choi. He leans over and plants his lips on her cheek, and then starts tickling her, expressing a large amount of affection, as the smartphone camera (the viewer POV) falls to the ground and all we hear is her giggling as the music fades out. 

Early viewers of the video were quick to point out, that the unprofessional filming style along with the genuine affection that is seen in their eyes, made them question whether this was acting or not. 

While a large debate started all over Naver forums, regarding the genuineness of their relationship. Exactly 40 minutes after the release of the Music Video, Dispatch revealed photos of the two celebrities on several dates over the past few days drawing even more debate. 

While this may have started an endless debate between netizens, EOnline the American Paparazzi company released their own article showing photos of Daniel Choi in LA with ‘Kpop girlfriend’ who anyone could see was Park Jiyeon. 

By 3:30 both Blossom Entertainment and YG had confirmed the romantic relationship between the two, drawing a large amount of interest all over the internet. 

Koreaboo: (*Breaking) YG Entertainment confirms Daniel Choi and Park Jiyeon are dating

After a shocking reveal through the use of a Ballad MV. Daniel Choi and Park Jiyeon confirmed that their are indeed dating. Blossom Entertainment, the first to release a statement, revealed that the two have been in a long distance relationship dating back to the summer of 2017. 

“After becoming close friends through meeting at games, a romantic relationship sprouted from it, and the two have continued their relationship even while Daniel was away in the NBA. They ask at this time for your continued support." 

While many netizens referenced the Knowing Brother’s Variety appearance as evidence of their relationship. Others were quite surprised by the length of their hidden relationship. 

What are your thoughts on the couple?

////////////

Top Comments: 

“OMG I knew it, I have been shipping these two since the beginning of his career, and I love the way they revealed it! Fighting #Dayeon couple!” 

“WHY! She’s not even that pretty. I’m so disappointed in you Daniel for settling on someone like her.”

“With her scandal finally over, I’m happy to see her in a healthy relationship. I totally ship these two, please be together forever! I loved your MV btw!” 

“He’s so CUTE in the MV. He really acts just like in the CF’s, totally husband material. I’m so jealous Jiyeon unnie!”

 

… 5.11.2018

Jiyeon sighed as she finally opened the door to her apartment. It was dark as she expected, she had just come back from a meeting with YG’s PR team. To put things simply, even if she had warned them before hand, they weren’t thrilled. 

Both Daniel and her had discovered later, that Blossom Entertainment had already been paying both Dispatch and American paparazzi a significant amount of money to keep the photos buried. Which meant as soon as the forst video surfaced, the news became a free for all, and ties were broken. 

It was a long meeting between both agencies, and Jiyeon could only watch her boyfriend from the other side of a monitor, as he sat beside a different PR team. 

They had already agreed that they would hold off on dating publicly for a few days just to let the situation cool. Knowing full well they were probably being hunted in all their usual date spots by Korea’s entire paparazzi army. 

Thankfully, this wasn’t her first time being involved in a major scandal. She knew immediately to silence her phone and go home. At least it felt less heavy knowing that she didn’t have member’s that could be affected by her personal life. 

The moment she stepped into her apartment, she froze. Her eyes gravitated towards the two dark silhouettes she could see hiding behind a sofa. 

Intruders? 

“Surprise!” The light switch next to her suddenly, and she saw her three best friends all present.

“Congratulations!” Jieun announced happily jumping slightly derpily. 

“Our Jiyeon-ah is officially taken.” Inna wrapped an arm around her shoulder beckoning her inside. 

“Stay off your phone and hang out with us tonight.” Luna demanded as she held up a bag of fried chicken.

“It’s already 5 am.” Jiyeon teased with a grin.

“I know, why are you so late?” Jieun joked back. “Way to be brave!” 

"It's like a bachelorette party but you're not even getting married." Luna commented. 

If it wasn’t for the loud eruptions of joyful cries, Jiyeon would’ve melted down right there. Things were so different this time, compared to before. 

There was no executive forcing her decision this time, there was no manager forcing her in self isolation. 

She had been so focused on planning the whole night, that she had completely forgotten about eating. This was why friends were so important. And she had the best any could ask for. 

“Luna brought her Karaoke machine so we’re singing until 12am.” Inna giggled as she pointed towards Jiyeon’s completely remade living room. 

The flash and spazz of the lighted machine blaring trot music throught he apartment. 

Jiyeon shrugged her shoulders as she nodded. “Sounds good.” 

 

… 

www1.president.go.kr/petitions/44193

——Petition in progress——

Korean American basketball player Daniel Choi should not gain citizenship for upcoming 2018 Asian Games

Number of participants: [79,045명]

Foolishly dubbed the ‘Nation’s Husband’, Daniel Choi is not actually a citizen of our nation. Thus, should not represent Korea at the upcoming 18th Asian Games in Jakarta this August.

The stated person not only abandoned the country he claims to represent in the NB, but also has relations with celebrities related to the following: bullying, violence, and oversea’s sponsoring.

The title of Korean should be reserved only for those who are born or represent our nation in a positive light.

Daniel was smiling as he watched videos Jiyeon had recorded of her friends all screaming into a karaoke mic. 

If he didn't know them better, he might've assumed they were drunk. 

He was currently living inside Blossom Entertainment’s headquarters, somehow word had gotten out that he was there. Paparazzi had been camped out for 8 hours now, all outside the agency, waiting to catch him as he was leaving.

There was almost a sense of dismay as he noticed that delivery vehicles had started pulling up to feed the waiting reporters. 

Even Taehyun hyung had called to tell him he had never seen anything like this before. 

“Should we feed them or something?” Daniel questioned glancing through a window out at the large number of news trucks camped out. “If one of them starves outside of here, I get the feeling it’s my fault.”

Mike chuckled at his joke and pat him on the back. 

“I was about to order something, anything you’re craving, you might be here for another 3 hours at the very least.” 

“I would kill for an order of Teokbokki and gimbap.” Daniel answered patting his growling stomach. 

He had barely survived the night before on a protein shake and lots of coffee. But, at this point his diet was meaningless if he wasn’t going to play in the Asian games. He knew that it was pretty much nonsense, but 79,000 people couldn’t even fit into an NBA arena. 

“I’ll order some then, just get some rest.” Mike assured him. 

Daniel had already taken a short nap on one of the office couches, so he figured he may as well wash up slightly. 

He stared at his reflection in the mirror, noticing the large black circles around his eyes. Sleep, he had barely gotten any since he had gotten back from America. 

It had been commercial shoot, interview, meetings, and then at nights he would go to Jiyeon and caffeinate himself to spend their date. 

After splashing some water over his face, he walked back into the PR team room. He kicked back against a sofa and stared at his phone, and began texting his sister. 

“Delivery.” A helmeted figure entered holding up a large delivery bag of what he assumed was his food. 

Dressed in a leather bicker jacket and black helmet, a tall delivery man entered. 

Daniel almost fell for the charade too. Except in the tiny crack of skin between the helmet and jacket, he spotted spotless white skin.

No, delivery man had celebrity white skin. 

“Hae-in hyung.” Daniel chuckled as he cracked a smile.

“How’d you know?” The handsome actor questioned finally removing his helmet. 

“Long time no see.” The two men embraced briefly. 

At the end of one of his games back in 2016, the two men had met during the filming of an ice cream CF. Since then, Hae-in had invited him to play basketball with him several times and they had become great friends. 

“Are you finished filming your drama?” 

“Just finished yesterday, but I’m worried even Yejin sunbae’s popularity can beat all of the interest for the upcoming Entertainment weekly about a certain somebody.” Hae-in teased. 

“Sorry hyung.” Daniel grinned shrugging his shoulders. “I should’ve waited one last week for your drama to end.” 

“Hey congrats dude, I’m happy to see you so happy. I wish you would’ve given me a warning though. When I saw the articles I almost had a heart attack.” 

“It was a pretty last minute decision,” Daniel defended himself. 

“Anyways I picked up your order, so you better pay me.” The puppy-like actor requested holding out his hand expectingly. 

“I’m pretty sure you still owe me after I crossed your last time we one-v-oned.” 

“Ya! Is that anyway to talk to your hyung?” Hae-in chided him in a mocking voice. 

“You already said to drop honorifics, besides does the delivery ahjussi always have to stay this long?” Daniel snapped back. 

There was a moment of silence, before they both started laughing heartedly. 

“Saekki (you jerk, but can be used endearingly), I smuggled myself through hundreds of reporters to come keep you company.” 

“Hyung, sarranghae.” Daniel playfully held up two hearts. 

 

… 5.13.2018

Seoul Daily: ‘Tears’ are heard across the nation as Nation’s Husband announces public relationship 

While most celebrity couples are released through dispatch articles, this couple decided to make the reveal themselves. Through the use of a ballad MV garnering over 30 million views as of today. 

The popular Basketball star, Daniel Choi, has finally released news of his rumored relationship with former T-ara member Park Jiyeon. The two have been connected from the beginning of his professional career and he has expressed his interest in her multiple times in public interviews. However, with little interaction between the two until their appearance on JTBC’s Knowing Brothers, he has never been in a dating scandal. 

After dominating the CF industry, charming audiences in his Variety Show appearances, and bringing national pride to Korea with his talents, the dubbed Nation’s husband was the ideal man of most women. That was why with his happy news comes a nationwide sorrow as he hops off the bachelor's wagon. 

The first 24 hours, some reporters commented that tears could be heard coming from around Seoul. This was followed by a petition being filed to the Korean Blue House, asking for the dismissal of Daniel from the National team, which has received over 100,000 signatures to date.

Though there has been no official response from either Korea’s Blue house or the National team, many expect the petition to be completely brushed off.

<     >

“This is why Korean’s are given so much hate for the stalking culture, these idiots do not represent the thoughts of most of us.”

“Representing Korea should be an honor that requires sacrifice, how has he sacrificed anything? All he’s done is betray the trust of his fans.”

“I hope they filed a lawsuit against every one of these stupid signers, I cried that day, but only in joy for my handsome oppa!” 

 

… 5.15.2018

SCMP: Daniel Choi releases statement apologizing that he will not be holding his normal yearly Summer Camps

> "I'm glad he's not holding the camps, I think he'd get harrassed by so many sassaeng fans." 

> "Think about all of the young kids who wait every year to experience this. I'm very disappointed as a fan, that he's letting his relationship intefere with his influence." 

 

… 5.18.2018

New York Times

Why Daniel Choi could become the highest Korean paid athlete of all time and why it’s a huge step for all Asians.

When Korean sensation Daniel Choi decided to leave his stardom in the KBL and give the NBA another shot. Critics appeared from some Koreans saying he “abandoned his country” and many American analysts were quick to criticize the  Knicks for signing Daniel Choi to a one year 10 million dollar (11 billion won) contract. Considered a medium contract in the NBA world.

However, after going toe to toe with Basketball superstar Lebron James and barely losing in 7 games. Daniel Choi proved his worth and much more. Daniel who originally broke a record for South Korean athletes matching Son Heungmin’s 10 million Euro (12 billion won) contract with his own. Now looks to receive over 20 million dollars per year depending on the team.  

This would make him the highest paid Asian athlete in the NBA of all time passing Yao Ming’s 5-year 75 million dollar (82 billion won) contract. 

Despite being born in America, and technically being Korean American. Daniel Choi will gain his Korean citizenship by June of 2018 allowing him to participate in the Asian Games hosted by Indonesia.

 

… 5.20.2018

Korea Herald: Daniel Choi granted special citizenship by Ministry for Justice, makes surprise appearance at KBL Finals game to cheer on former teammate Eric Lee. 

SOOMPI: Netizens are going crazy over public appearance of Daniel Choi with girlfriend Park Jiyeon at basketball game

After their official announcement of the relationship between Basketball player Daniel Choi, and former T-ara’s Park Jiyeon. The two however, have been spotted numerous times all over Seoul in the past few days on public dates. Drawing one of the largest interest in a celebrity public couple since Suzy and Lee Minho’s relationship. 

Many netizens were upset by the fact that Park Jiyeon was in a previous public relationship with actor Lee Donggun, which ended 2 years ago, and the recent news of the actor’s marriage. 

On Naver forums, many expressed their discontent with the two’s relationship.

[+59,024, -24,539] “Isn’t it clear that she is just trying to flaunt her relationship to have revenge on her ex? I feel so bad for Daniel that he is dating such a b*tch.” 

What drew the most recent headlines was the two celebrities publicly appearing in support of the KBL, where Daniel played before rejoining the NBA.

Some netizens criticized the two saying that they drew the attention away from the game. While others complimented Daniel for showing support for his roots. 

What are your thoughts on the celebrity couple?

/////////////

Top Comments: 

“I know a lot about the KBL after Daniel oppa, he’s going to be teammates with Eric again on the National team, so of course he would show up.” 

“They look so cute together in these pictures, they’re the perfect height difference couple. Daeyeon fighting!” 

"She's not trying to flaunt his relationship at all. They literally just went to support his old teammate. Why is that wrong?" 

 

… 6.1.2018

“I’ll see you soon after then.” Daniel whispered as he parked his car into the parking spot. 

It was strange, the most recent request he had been given by Blossom Entertainment. No details or anything, only a statement asking him to show up to the JTBC building. 

That was why he was here, sitting in the parking garage talking to Jiyeon over the phone. 

“It’s pretty weird, what show do you think you’re being casted for?” 

“I’m not sure, but it can’t be anything long, I have the Asian games and then training camp right after.” Daniel commented staring at his calendar app. 

“Return of Superman?” 

“Don’t tell me you’re…” Daniel’s voice trailed off as he grinned, slightly in hope, slightly in horror.

“Pabo, to visit the kids.” Jiyeon’s annoyed voice came back. “Besides Return of Superman is KBS.”

“JTBC shows, a drama cameo?” 

“I saw an article that said you could be an actor if you ever quit being an athlete.” 

“Ya, that’s not true. I could never kiss another girl.” He protested immediately, patting himself on the back right after. 

“You’re definitely patting yourself on the back aren’t you? You think you’re so smooth don’t you?” 

Daniel chuckled, “yes. But what are you doing there?” 

He was staring at his phone, and saw that her location was oddly right next to him. She didn’t mention that she was there as well. 

“You caught me oppa.” A cute giggle erupted from over the speaker. 

“I’m in talks to record an OST for an upcoming drama.”

“Really?” He felt a tiny smirk creep onto his lips. “Then when we’re both done, want to go for a drink?” 

“I know we’ve been having a lot of public dates recently. But drinking in public… seems a little too much.” 

“What’s wrong with getting boba, I heard a Tiger Sugar opened up in hongdae and I wanted to try it.” Daniel teased back, knowing full well what she was thinking of. 

He didn’t get the satisfaction of a response as he saw the call hang up immediately. He sighed, wondering if he had gone slightly too far with his teasing before finally exiting the vehicle. 

Daniel wandered into the large broadcasting company heading up the elevator. When he made it into the entertainment section of the building, he was quite surprised as he was led through a long hallway past most of the well known show casting sections. 

He walked straight past JTBC’s Ask us Anything, Let’s Eat Dinner Together, and other famous shows. 

Then, the receptionist stopped as they approached a small glass door. 

Peeking inside, he saw a series of PD’s and writers all on one side. 

Daniel unsure of what else to do, slowly entered through the doors. 

“Hello,” he greeted them with a bow. 

“Hi, I’m Yoon Hyun-joon the main producer of Hyori’s Homestay.” A middle aged gentleman greeted him extending his hand. 

“Ah really?” Daniel chuckled remembering the show Jiyeon had basically forced him to sit through. Not that it wasn’t interesting, but knowing that she was only watching to see the handsome Park Bogum. That was all to say, he found himself growing quite confident now that he knew he was being considered. 

“We’d like to cast you for the upcoming summer season as a part timer to help the couple.” He revealed. 

Daniel was slightly shocked to hear, knowing full well that was the only reason that he would be standing in such a room.

“Um, I appreciate the offer, but I’m quite busy this summer.” 

“Ah, I know, we’ve already talked scheduling with your agency and they said it would fit.” The director revealed. 

“Really?” Daniel quickly bit his lip, searching for another excuse. 

“That’s great to hear.” He couldn't see himself adding a variety show like this, even if it was his mother's favorite show in the past few years. 

“Also, you won’t be alone, we invited another part timer that you’ll be working alongside.” 

Daniel’s jaw dropped as through the glass doors walked someone all too familiar. 

“Annyeong Daniel-ssi.” Jiyeon joked as she strutted confidently through the doors. “Got you didn’t I?” 

Daniel scoffed as he sat back in defeat, now he felt more pressure. 

“We’d like you two to appear on the show as a couple. To be honest, many of the writers are fans of yours.” Hyunjoon beckoned towards several smiling female writers behind him.

“Oh really?” Jiyeon was smiling as she sat down next to him.

“I know that it is dangerous doing shows on relationships, but I personally feel quite confident that I won’t be regretting this decision.” 

There was a moment of hesitation as Daniel himself was unsure how to think. Appearing on a show together… with her. It seemed like a dream come true, but it was also the perfect opportunity for criticism. 

Their relationship could be easily painted as a publicized act.

“You don’t have to answer now of course, please think it over and let us know.”

 

…6.10.2018

ESPN Report: Daniel Choi agrees to 2 year 45 million dollar contract with Philadelphia 76ers.

 

… 6.15.2018

“It’s everything you could want in a place.” The realtor shows him around the house once more. “The neighborhood is quite as well as most of your neighbors are foreign.” 

Daniel glances around the modern house, it’s basically completely empty. Even the flooring seems unfinished, as he knows that this house is currently being remodeled. 

“For someone as famous as yourself I’m sure you can see many advantages of such a neighborhood.” 

Daniel nods, “how’s the security?”

“It’s top notch, of course you would have to instal it, but there are several security services nearby.” The middle aged woman answers.

“It’s great, when will it be done by?” He asks his last question.

“In the next month, once you confirm your purchase, they’ll be able to finish everything within a few weeks at most.” 

He nods his head happily. 

“How much is it again?” His friend Hae-in questions again, standing directly behind him.

“8 billion won, I know it can seem quite pricy, but considering the area as well as the privacy it allows. I’m sure you can understand why it is so expensive.”

“Wow, that is pricy.” Hae-in comments from behind. “Are you sure about this Daniel?”

Daniel has already decided, it’s perfect. He’s been dreaming about living with Jiyeon forever, and knowing that he won’t be able to starting next year… he wants to know she’ll be safe.

“Yes. Thank you. Do you mind if I take a few pictures for my family?” He requested. 

“Of course, I’ll be waiting outside, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.” The realtor announced before leaving down the stairs. 

Daniel took out his phone and started taking a video of the house, the camera capturing the beautiful glass ceiling to floor windows that lined each part.

“I’m going to propose to her here.” Daniel stated offhandedly. 

He heard Hae-in making a choking noise as soon as he said it. 

“What already? I know you’ve been dating for some time, but don’t you think it’s kind of soon?” 

“We’ve already revealed our relationship, and I don’t know why but I just keep getting more ambitious.” Daniel joked as he put down his phone. 

“You must really love her.” Hae-in commented. “I’m jealous.”

“What, should we get married instead?” Daniel teased. 

“Hey, with your recent contract, I wouldn’t say no.” 

The two friends began to chuckle, as Daniel did one last pace through the different rooms. 

“It’s perfect.” Daniel repeated to himself entering into the master bedroom. 

Suddenly remembering what his mother had told him before he had signed the lease to his first apartment, he the water tap. 

As expected it came out perfectly, it was an 7.5 million dollar house. Of course it had good pipe pressure. 

Maybe a little too good. The water continued flowing through the faucet, at an enormous rate. 

Dropping onto itself as the roar grew louder. It sounded almost like a waive. 

Daniel felt his head start to ache, like it was spinning rapidly… 

 

There’s a beautiful place, it’s not a place that he’s been to. But he can’t say that he’s never seen it either. 

It looks like Bora Bora, beautiful blue waves crashing against the light specks of sandy dust. 

Daniel is standing on these specks looking out into the rapid waters. The sound of the ocean bringing a sense of symphonic frenzy. 

He’s silent as he tries to figure out the reason he’s standing here. It must be a dream, but he can’t remember one so vivid as this.

The sound of a seagull flies past him, as he stares up into the sky. Unlike the beautiful sea and endless beach, the sky isn’t so tranquil. It’s an orange red, with not a sun or cloud in the sky. 

Where is he? 

“This is a vision.” 

He glances around wondering where exactly he should be looking. But finds nothing more than the nature that he had seen before. 

“A vision?” He’s not sure who he’s talking to. But, nevertheless there is a mutual understanding that they can understand each other. 

“You are a Mary Sue.”

“Huh?” Daniel questions as he spins around to look for the deliverer of the voice.

There’s only the empty space with the sight of a row of palm trees, not like the kind lining the Venice beaches, but the kind that lines a Caribbean island. Much like the kind you see in unrealistic Disney movies. 

“You’re created by an author with the intention of being too talented and perfect.” 

Daniel narrows his eyes in the empty space, still trying to figure out what the voice is talking about. 

“You are the fantasy of an author's imagination, and you unfortunately don’t exist in the normal reality.” 

The voice isn’t male nor female, it isn’t identifiable by race either. It confuses him, was this god or something? 

“You are the expression of a deep loneliness caused by the imagination spouted from too much time during a pandemic.” 

“Pandemic? Is something bad coming?” Daniel wonders aloud, still trying to grasp the situation. 

“In one year, your creator will run out of creativity and you’ll vanish into the imaginations of about 30 or 40 people.” 

The words, they sound so stupid, but yet so real. Why did it make so much sense yet at the same time so little? 

“In 300 days you’ll experience a heart attack and likely die a melodramatic death.” 

“Huh?” Daniel questioned in disbelief. He’ll die? He was perfectly healthy, except perhaps the fact that he had been eating ramen slightly too often because of Jiyeon. 

“Live happily, because your time is limited starting now.” 

“What are you talking about? Show yourself! You bastard show yourself!” Daniel screamed as he rushed forward towards the ocean. 

If this was a dream he wanted to wake up. He didn’t want to hear whatever nonsense they were talking about. 

“I’m sorry. It’s unfair, being that good at everything. You could never be real. I’m sorry.” The voice finished. 

“I’m not perfect! I have so many flaws!” Daniel shouted back. He wasn’t even sure who or why he was arguing. But he didn’t want to die. He wanted to live.

He didn’t want to be apart from her.

“300 days starts now.” 

 

“I’m not perfect!” He screamed, as he jerked awake. 

Immediately, he grasped his heart, as he felt a jolting pain surge from his heart to the rest of his body. 

“Daniel!” It was Hae-in hovering over him, shaking his shoulders furiously. 

“Are you ok?” 

Daniel slowly couldn’t breathe as he tapped the ground furiously trying to express the suffocating feeling. 

He knew the reason, it was the sound of the water. 

Hae-in reading his eyes rushed and turned off the faucet, as Daniel noticed that the entire floor had been flooded by the overflow from the sink. 

“What happened?” Hae-in questioned in concern. 

“I don’t know…” Daniel didn’t know himself what had just happened. 

“You were passed out on the floor when I found you, are you ok?”

“I must’ve been tired.” He brushed it off, not wanting to even consider the possibility of what he had just heard. 

“Dude, you really must be way too excited, want to go to the hospital?” 

“No I’m fine.” Daniel felt the pain slowly ease away. “Please don’t tell anyone.” 

“Are you sure you’re ok? You don’t look ok.” 

Daniel shook his head flashing a large smile. “Hyung, I’m really fine.”

But he wasn’t. Daniel had never been so scared in his life. So terrified by a simple dream… or was it a dream?

He fell asleep thinking to himself what he would do if he really only had 300 days left to live. What would he do? Should he spend every moment with Jiyeon then?

Should he live recklessly and just do as he pleased?

300 days. Now 299.

He visited his team doctor the next day, and had a series of heart scans and tests done. But all came back negative. He was perfectly healthy.

So why did he still feel such an erie feeling?

He pondered telling Jiyeon. But how could he? It felt too real, it felt like he was really there, and then the pain after. 

He couldn't accept it. He wasn't going to die. 

 

T-299 days. Counter starts now.