Lessons

The open door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji-Eun saw the assistant working like a robot for days.

The doctor knew pretty well how dangerous depression might be.

So she decided to do something to cheer the girl up.

Since the major reason for all that was Wheein, the brunette hesitated before talking to her best friend Taeyeon.

Both doctor were having a quick meal at the cafeteria of the hospital.

_____ You noticed Yongsun, right?____ She asked after sipping some juice.

_____ Ah, yeah. Poor thing.

_____ Did you know that Wheein broke up with her?

_____ I did. Although she didn't want to talk to me about it. That child is so unstable.____ Taeyeon shook her head.

_____ I was thinking about throwing a party to cheer Yongsun up. I mean, not a real party. But a girls' night. Me, you, and Byul-Yi. Would you come?

The beautiful doctor finished chewing her salad and then smiled:

____ Sure. It's not like I'm the best company in the world but...I'm in.

____ Hmmm, Are you trying to get compliments?

____ Obviously!____ Taeyeon lifted her eyebrow.

The duo started laughing and had to tone it down because of all the eyes on them.

____ So...What should I bring? Apart from my fine .

Ji-Eun blushed a bit but replied casually:

____ Some booze and any snack you feel like.

____ I wonder what your parents would say if they could listen to their perfect daughter saying booze. ____ Taeyeon laughed again.

____ Ah...Probably something old-fashioned like: "You're a shame for this family". Anyway, please tell Yongsun about our little thing. I'll take the chance that I leave early today to do some groceries.____ Ji-Eun stood up and threw away the plastic cup.

____ Deal. I'll be here for 6 more hours. But at least I can drink in peace since tomorrow is my day off.

____ Great. See you.

Taeyeon finished her lunch and sent Yongsun a message asking if the girl was in the building.

The younger one responded that she had gone for a walk during lunchtime but she was coming back.

Ten minutes later, the two girls were talking in Taeyeon's office.

The doctor lied to the assistant and said that Ji-Eun wanted to have a girls' night for Moonbyul.

She said they felt that the girl was a little sad. So they wondered if Yongsun would like to help them.

The assistant smiled and nodded in agreement cutely.

_____ Byul-Yi is a nice girl. Of course, I wanna try to help.

_____ Okay. Be at Ji-Eun's at 8, alright?____ Taeyeon smiled too.

____ Deal. Now let me get back to work, ma'am.

The doctor made a little celebration move as soon as she was left alone.

____ x ____

Ji-Eun had gotten so distracted while buying and organizing the things for the party that she forgot to tell her roommate about it.

Moonbyul went back home around 8 pm because there was an emergency at the pet clinic.

The handsome girl ran to the shower. So she didn't see Taeyeon sitting on the floor in front of the coffee table.

Some minutes later, the girl heard Yongsun's voice and her heart accelerated like a race car.

The shinigame felt as if she was going to faint and used the wall to keep balance.

" How can I get so weak every time this human is around"?

Despite the annoyance of feeling that way, Death's right arm was anxious to see the girl with a shiny smile.

Heading to the living room, Moonbyul forgot to breathe for a second.

Yongsun grinned and exclaimed:

_____ Here she is! We were wondering if you would never come home.

_____ Ah, sorry. We had lots of emergency cases today. But what is all this?

_____ It's a girls' night. To lift your mood, since you're a bit sad._____ The black-haired girl responded.

_____ Me? I'm not...

_____ Here, sweetie. Have a seat and let us help YOU. We don't want anyone sad in this house.____ Ji-Eun dragged the roommate to the coffee table and squeezed her arm in a significant way.

The general of shinigami noticed the exchange of looks between Taeyeon and Ji-Eun and how the two doctors'auras were emitting some kind of fear.

Although Moonbyul wasn't used to the concept of lies, she had been learning fast about how humans' minds worked.

_____ Thank you.____ She murmured and sat on the floor too.

_____ So...would you like to talk about what is making you feel sad, Byul-ah?_____ Yongsun gave the girl an encouraging smile.

Taeyeon and Ji-Eun froze for a second but the brown-haired girl pretended she didn't see and responded:

____ I don't really know. Feelings are so complex...

____ Do you miss your house? Or maybe someone special?

Moonbyul winked twice because she realized she wasn't able to lie to that person.

"How can I say that I miss you?"____ The immortal being struggled with her own thoughts.

Taeyeon clapped her hands and declared:

_____ Let's make a deal. Instead of talking about sadness, let's have fun. No pain. Just good things. Speaking of which, what do you like to drink, Byul-Yi?

Frowning her forehead, the shinigami said:

_____ So many things. Water, juice, Yakult, hot chocolate.

Ji-Eun was coming from the kitchen and she almost dropped the things she was carrying.

Yongsun choked with the snack she had just put in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter