Lost

The open door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The general of Death noticed that her work partner was not fine. 

Moonbyul and Wheein had had a hard day and their boss told them to go home when it was half-past five.

The handsome girl decided to speak with the younger ones.

_____ Hey Wheein...Are you alright?

The shorter girl looked at her colleague and forced a smile before replying:

_____ Ah...well...Let's say I am.

_____ Wanna talk?

Wheein observed Moonbyul in silence for a little while. Then she answered:

_____ It might be good. Let's walk along the river.

The duo left the clinic and walked in silence for about 15 minutes.

After they got near the river, the shinigami bought cotton candy and gave it to the cute girl.

Wheein was taken aback but smiled and thanked immediately.

Clearing , the brown-haired one went straight to the point:

_____ Are you sad because of Yongsun?

The human lifted her eyebrow and laughed.

_____ I wasn't expecting that, Byul-Yi. It was not so subtle.

____ I'm sorry. I just wanted to help you. Confronting the pain may be the best solution.____ Moonbyul sat on a bench.

_____ Yeah, I know what you mean. But I was the one who broke up with Yong. Obviously, I didn't feel happy for making her cry. The thing is...I realized I don't love her as a woman. 

Confused, Shooting Star stared at the vet's assistant and questioned:

_____ Are there different ways to love someone?

Wheein laughed and patted her colleague's back.

_____ Sometimes I struggle to decide if you are innocent or simply a great actress. Anyway...of course, there is. I love Taeyeon in a way. She is my sister. I loved my parents some other way. Similar to the way I love my unnie but...a bit more intense.

_____ So how do you love Yongsun?

Wheein sighed and observed the river for a while.

____ When I kinda died, I had the weirdest feeling after seeing Yong. It was like reconnecting to someone very dear to my soul. I even thought she was my soulmate.

_____ Oh...

_____ But I don't think she is...

_____ And why did you change your mind?____ The shinigami was trying really hard to understand that human.

Wetting her lips, the shorter girl tried to explain:

_____ It's hard to tell. Maybe soulmates don't exist. Maybe I am the problem. But I keep missing something...Someone...Have you ever felt like your heart was being punctured because you needed to be near someone but you couldn't?

Moonbyul immediately thought of Yongsun crying because of Wheein and she relived the pain and the frustration for not being able to hold and protect the doctors' assistant.

_____ Yes, I know what you mean. _____ Death's right arm exhaled.

W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter