A world wonder titled you

Ungrateful Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So...the thing is Joohyun gets easily bored with everything after some weeks, months or years. She is the type when she likes something, she'll be so into it. But she falls out as fast as she falls in, from food to clothes, hobbies to relationships, countless boyfriends and girlfriends that she dated, jumping from one relationship to another.

She loved them at some point, until she didn't and the relationship fell apart. With some mutual understanding, some stay friends with her. Good friends. She is not a player, she’s loyal when she is in a relationship with someone, she simply thought maybe she hasn't met the one but after her 7th relationship she gives up and goes along with the flow.

Maybe people's feelings do change after some time and she doesn't really want to put an effort to relish the flame for she doesn't feel the spark even the tiniest one. Or maybe she is really unfit for long term relationships.

But with Wendy, Wendy is different. It has been...5 years since they’re in a relationship, wow that's a record breaking for her.

So Joohyun is curious, what is this about the younger girl that makes her stay in love this long?

*Clek*

The sound of the front door opening pulls her out from her reverie.

These days joohyun has the dorm all for herself as it takes 3 hours to go back to Daegu and the other girls have been spending their time with their family more and more.

"Unnie? You still awake?"

Oh it's Wendy, the subject of her wonder, the short haired girl walks up to her and gives a peck to her cheek "Why are you still awake?"

"Why are you here?" Seungwan is living with her parents these days since they're visiting her

"I asked you first, Joohyun" when there's only the two of them, joohyun prefers to be called by her name only without 'unnie'

"So?

Sighs "I can never win huh?"

"You never tried to win" Joohyun amusedly says, a light bulbs in her mind, seungwan always let joohyun have her way, for example, in last monopoly game or any game that they played with other members, or that one time when they all had a schedule together and played rock-paper-scissors to decide who would get their hair done first and joohyun got first in line because it was dawn and her competitive spirit hadn't awaken yet, so seungwan took over the matter, she went first to get her hair done and gave her last line willingly to the sleepy joohyun so she could get more time to rest. And to many many other things where joohyun is involved, she always puts her first.

"I'm here because I stopped by your favourite tteokbokki stall and ordered a takeout for you"

"Why did you never try to win when I’m involved? Even in games you always surrender to me. I’ve seen you get so competitives with Yeri or Joy before"

"Huh?" Seungwan stops rummaging the plastic bag

"I want to know" joohyun looks at her girlfriend expectantly

The latter only shrugs "I just love to see the glint in your eyes whenever you win over something"

"Oh" that's just sweet of her

"Besides it's just a game" seungwan laughs as she pulls out two diet coke from their fridge

"Not just in a game but in many other things too"

"Yeah, my answer still the same"

Seungwan sits beside her, knees bumping under the small dining table for 5 people. It feels intimate.

"Let's eat before it gets cold"

"You went to half an hour drive in the middle of the night after your radio schedule just to get me this?"

"It's your favorite" seungwan simply says like it doesn't matter

"But still..."

"You hadn't eaten any during our comeback. Now that it's over you should have some"

The smell is delicious, tempting her to devour her favorite food.

"Here" seungwan pick a tteok with her fork, and held it in front of joohyun, the older girl gladly comply, taking the first bite

"It's really delicious"

Seungwan beams before tasting the tteok, it is her least favorite food but since joohyun won't be able to finish it herself so she eats it anyway.

Nobody pays so much attention to Joohyun before. Even her last partner who swore that she liked Joohyun to the moon and back (is that even possible?) disliked it when she whined wanting tteokbokki during their movie nights.

"Do you feel lonely here alone?"

"Sometimes" joohyun sips her coke

Seungwan humm a little "I'll be back to dorm next week so you won't be alone anymore"

"How about your parents?"

"They'll go travelling across the country before going back to Canada"

"I see"

Seungwan still babying her, giving tteok after tteok and sometimes brushing aside her bangs for her

"How's your day? Did you have fun today too?" Joohyun is referring to her radio di activity

"Yes I did. The guest today was Stayc, they're so energetic from the start till the end"

"Oh...young girls. A lot younger than me" a few times joohyun got jealous by her radio guests, especially if they're younger girls that seungwan is so used by it now

"It just age, personally I prefer older girl" Seungwan wiggles her eyebrows

"You sure? You've been getting so chummy with eunbi, what's with you inviting her to bake in your house and giving ice cream to her"

Seungwan makes Joohyun feel territorial. She discovered that she's a possessive type of lover after dating seungwan. She doesn't like to share Seungwan's attention with anyone, even to her members sometimes and it feels like she's having favoritism but really she's getting better at controlling her feelings now. She has to, because it’ll be unfair to the other members.

"We've talked about eunbi before, Hyun. She's like a younger sister to me"

"I am an older sister to you at first but look where we are now"

"It's different, the way I see you is different and special, not a mere sister. I told you that I like you the first time we met, right?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter