Joohyun latte

Ungrateful Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Based on Wendy’s invitation to her Irene unnie (see endnote if you’re confused lol)

 

**

 

“What are you doing here?” Was the first thing Seungwan asked upon seeing Joohyun leaning on her BMW

 

“Picking you up?”

 

“But..manager unnie…”

 

“I told her that I’m driving you back tonight” Joohyun opened her car door for Seungwan “Shall we go?”

 

It was such a pleasant surprise to find the older girl waiting outside SBS studio, it wasn’t a rare occasion but since they’re currently preparing for a comeback, Joohyun had been taking so many dance and vocal classes. In short, they rarely met outside the dorm. Was she listening to her station while waiting for her?

 

Seungwan put her bag at the back seat before fastening her seatbelt, while Joohyun stared at her with an expecting gaze

 

“Why are you looking at me like that, unnie?”

 

Joohyun taps her own cheek impatiently “ppoppo”

 

Seungwan laughed understandingly and gave a lingering peck on her cheek

 

With a satisfied hum, the older girl started her car. Ever since she got her license, she’s been so attached to her car, if she wasn’t driving it, she would be washing it, spending an amount of time cleaning and polishing it. It almost felt like her car was her second girlfriend. Not that Seungwan was feeling jealous...of a car. Definitely not.

 

“Were you waiting for me while listening to my station?”

 

“No, I just arrived umm..10 minutes ago but I did listen at home and on my way here”

 

“I hope you’re not texting while driving, unnie” Seungwan narrowed her eyes, remembering that Joohyun answered a quiz today

 

“Of course not” Joohyun said innocently but added more when her girlfriend raised her brows “It was red light okay, when I texted”

 

“So why are you here? Isn’t it past your sleeping time?” and yes, Joohyun always tucked on her bed every time Seungwan was back from her radio schedule. Was it because of her age? Her girlfriend couldn’t even keep her eyes open until midnight nowadays (don’t tell joohyun or she’ll sulk for days. Age has become a sensitive subject for her which Seungwan couldn’t fathom why because she’s still the same joohyun that she met years ago. In other words, she is still pretty, even become prettier, damn how did she even get lucky?)

 

“Didn’t you tell me to come?”

 

Wendy blinked her eyes “Well, yeah I did”

 

“So here I am”

 

“I invited you to be a guest at my radio”

 

Joohyun smiled “That can be arranged but first, I can offer you this. Isn’t it been a long time since I drove you?”

 

“25 days”

 

“Look, who’s counting” her girlfriend cackled

 

“I have a very good memory”

 

“Sure, you are”

 

Joohyun stopped at the red light. It was 11:45 PM. The road was pretty empty with a few cars beside them, guess some people were having an early sleep despite it being Saturday night.

 

“Do you want to have a quick drink with me?” her girlfriend suddenly asked

 

“Soju?”

 

“No, not that” Joohyun groaned “I’m keeping tabs on my alcohol intake. A cup of latte maybe?”

 

Seungwan wore an amused smile “It’s just so you, reviving your infamous photocard moment at time like this”

 

“That wasn’t even latte”

 

“I know, you told me a hundred times that it was milk tea” the younger girl chuckled “But still, why latte? You can’t take caffeine late at night, even if it’s in small amounts, you won’t be able to sleep tonight”

 

“Maybe I don’t want to sleep tonight?” Joohyun grinned mischievously, prompting a blush on Seungwan’s cheek

 

“It’s pretty late and I don’t think I can stay awake for most part”

 

Then she laughed “Geez, I don’t mean that, I know you’re tired”

 

Seungwan cleared in a poor attempt to control the situation she was in “I wasn’t thinking about that”

 

“You weren't?” her girlfriend frowned “But it’s been 2 weeks since we last...you know”

 

“Now look, who’s counting?”

 

Joohyun shifted the gear as the light changed to green

 

“Don’t blame me. My body needs attention too” she said with a deep blush on her cheek

 

“Let’s check my schedule first” Seungwan jokingly said

 

“Oh so now I’m one of your schedules? I see how it turned out Son Seungwan-ssi” Joohyun faked a hurt as she made a right turn

 

“As if I’m not mentioned in your google calendar, what’s with ‘dinner with seungwan’ every Feb 21th?”

 

“It’s a precaution. I don’t want to upset you if I forget about your birthday”

 

“Fair enough” the younger girl giggled “I did ask Seulgi to remind me every year whenever it's nearing march 29th”

 

“Hey!”

 

Seungwan laughed as she pinched Joohyun's cheek, feeling it wasn’t as fluffy as before. Joohyun used to have round cheeks before now it has become more defined. It saddened her a little, the amount of pressure and stress combined with a strict diet were the cause.

 

“So where are we gonna have our late night drink?” Seungwan didn’t want to remember the days when Joohyun broke down on her lap from that one bitter news. It had been a year but still affecting Joohyun till now, she became a little bit more reserved in her actions on and off screen. Not as carefree as before.

 

“Let’s go to C.U”

 

“Takeaway?”

 

“No, we're gonna sit there and stare at the dropping rain together. How romantic” joohyun said dreamily. Well, yes, she was the hope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter