Date 101 (Part 2-End)

Ungrateful Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone!

Thanks for waiting patiently and for all the support too! :) 

Enjoy!

***

Wendy came early to the clinic. She's going to have a surgery at 7 A.M.

"Morning, Dahyun" she greeted the intern who will assist the surgery

"Morning doc" Dahyun smiled widely "You’ve got a delivery overthere"

"Huh?"

She walked to a table and found a chinese breakfast set on it

"Who sent it?"

"Bae Irene"

Wendy dropped her blue jacket "what?"

"The delivery guy said so" Dahyun shrugged "I don't know if it's really her or Yeri unnie pulling another prank"

The young doctor opened the plastic wrap and found a card inside

'Don't skip breakfast before surgery, pretty doc - Your Irene'

Your what?? Wendy took out her phone to send a text to the young celebrity

To: 078xxxxxx

How did you know that I'm gonna come early?

Not even a minute, she got a reply.

From: 078xxxxxx

I have my ways ;)

To: Your what??

Thanks but you don't have to.

From: Your what??

Nah, I want to.

I'll drop by the clinic later at 12:10 P.M. let's have lunch together

To: Your what??

Aren't you busy?

From: Your what??

I always have time for you ;) so if you need me, i'm only one call away~

Ok, she really takes this courting thing seriously. Wendy thought the girl was only joking, why would a top star want to court wendy?

**

And yeah, Irene came to the clinic still in her heavy makeup, she has a magazine shoot since early morning so she rushed her way to come.

Of course her entrance shocked everyone.

"Hi, i have a lunch appointment with doctor Son today"

The receptionist stammered "O-oh?...I'll call doc.."

"No need, Sana" Wendy said "You're on time. Oh, you didn't disguise yourself? that's dangerous"

"Well, i don't have much time" Irene shrugged "Let's go"

Irene grabbed Wendy's arms and everyone couldn't believe their eyes on what's happening now.

**

In the car

"I thought celebrities cannot be seen hanging out in public?"

"I'm different" Irene said "You know, I have a lot of rumors with men/women that people won't care anymore if I'm going out with anyone"

"Oh? I didn't know you had such a reputation"

"Don't worry that's a made up rumor" Irene smiled while driving her convertible Porsche "My company wanted to create a bad girl image for me"

"That's awful. Aren't you getting hate because of that?"

"Hate?" Irene laughed "I got death wishes everyday"

Wendy was so soft hearted that even something like that tugged her heart

"Well, you don't deserve it. No one deserved it"

Irene looked at Wendy softly "It's the risk that i have to bear but thanks, that's mean a lot"

**

Han River

"You know I'm used to people staring at me in public but you're not so I can only bring you to have lunch here in the car"

"That's fine"

Irene gave a korean lunch set to Wendy then took out her own meal

"What's that?" Wendy asked curiously

"I'm on diet for my next comeback" Irene grimaced "So my lunch is this banana"

"What's your schedule after this?"

"Um...ads shooting. I got selected as soju brand ambassador" irene said proudly

"Then at least have this" Wendy gave her kimbap to Irene, so she only has sundubu jjigae and dakgalbi left for lunch

"No, I..."

"You need to have proper food" Wendy said sternly "You may not feel it today but it's important for your future health so don't be too strict to yourself"

"Alright doc" Irene smiled bashfully, obviously happy because Wendy is taking care of her, just like her wish.

The young doctor even opened the water bottle for Irene and watched her intently until the young celeb took first bite of her kimbap before she herself ate her lunch.

So, who's courting for who?

**

A week later.

Irene makes sure to send over breakfast or lunch to Wendy's clinic everyday if she doesn't have time to drop by.

"She's serious" Seulgi commented while reading today's note from Irene

'My heart is heavy because we have to eat separately today. I will think of you today too - Always Yours'

"Albeit it's a bit gross but she's sweet though" Seulgi whistled

Wendy took the 'greasy' note and put it in her drawer "I appreciate her effort"

"That's it?" Yeri asked, flabbergasted, the younger girl was initially super protective when she heard her idol got her eyes on her friend but then she approved it, because it's Wendy. She even declared that she will protect the WenRene couple from hate waves.

"She, Korea's sweetheart, our pride, our goddess, sends you meals like this everyday and you just say 'I appreciate her effort'?"

"What do you want me to do then?"

"Go to the shooting location and bring something for her to show your appreciation" Yeri said "She's now at Itaewon for vitamin C ads"

"Wow, your stalking behavior never cease to amaze me" Seulgi commented with a snicker

"Isn't that too much?" Wendy asked "I don't want to give her false hope"

"Tell me if you're not getting any fluttering feeling" the younger girl said "Tell me if you don't like getting her attention?!"

"Well..." Wendy scratched her head, unsure "I'm flattered"

"THEN?!"

Seulgi was shocked by Yeri's loud voice that her chopstick fell down.

"What's stopping you, Wan? Don't tell me because she doesn't like animals or she likes shooting stars? You're not that shallow right?"

The young doctor sighed "Of course not. I just thought everything was too fast, I asked her to be my friend first but she didn't want to. I don't know why"

"Because friends don't kiss and doing you know what" Seulgi began stealing Wendy's lunch "I think she wants to get dirty with you"

"YAH! that's my idol you're talking about" Yeri protested

Seulgi ignored her "You still have 2 weeks to figure out your feelings right? so just take it easy"

"2 weeks are fast, Seul"

"2 weeks are enough" Yeri said again "You don't have to know each other for a year to begin dating, it's not a marriage Wendy. The point is you date her to get to know her, simple"

Seulgi took the whole mandu "Wow Yerim, you can be mature for once"

Wendy pondered, well it does make sense.

"Fine, I'll think of something to show my appreciation"

**

Next day

Wendy was waiting in her car at a park an hour from Seoul.

She texted Irene last night that she will stop by wherever her shooting location is, she will take her for a quick lunch.

The other girl was so happy. She even freed her schedule for 2 hours. She was scheduled to shoot her music video today. But everyone needs lunch and the staff are happy with the long break.

Her passenger window was softly knocked.

Wendy rolled down the window and smiled "Hi, superstar"

Irene smiled bashfully before going inside the car.

"You look tired"

"Well, I've been shooting for 20 hours, so tiring" Irene yawned "But since you're here, I'm full of energy now"

Wendy chuckled "Am I like a charging station or what?"

"Wendy" Irene shook her head "I mean you're my vitamin"

"Oh" Wendy blushed (not sure because she was embarrassed or flattered)

"Anyway, where are we gonna have lunch?"

"Do you like Thai food? I know a place near here"

Irene beamed "Anything is fine, as long as I'm with you"

"Alright, save the greasiness for later" Wendy started her car "Take a nap, I'll wake you up"

**

An hour later

"Irene" Wendy shook her shoulder softly "wake up"

"Huh?" Irene opened her eyes and got confused because they're still at the park.

"I thought we're going to a thai restaurant or something?"

Wendy laughed "We did, I ordered a take away and drove back here. The restaurant is packed and you're tired so let's just have lunch here"

Irene frowned "At this rate we won't ever have a proper lunch or dinner outside. I'm sorry, I said that I will be courting you but look I can't even have a normal meal with you"

"That's fine" Wendy prepared the food for them "I'm not a teenager who will be mad with a simple lunch/dinner date. I prefer quality time"

Irene smiled happily. This is why Wendy is different.

"Are you saying that you like spending time with me?"

"Well, compared to the first time I met you. I'm more comfortable now. Sorry if it's not the answer that you want to hear"

"No, I'm glad that you don't think I'm crazy anymore. I can be a little forceful that it sometimes scares anybody" Irene admitted

"Yep, I was scared. But now that I can scare you back with a snake, I feel somewhat better"

"Yah! Everyone is scared of snakes except you"

They shared a laugh. Their hearts are full with happiness.

**

So today is a big day.

Not only today is the premiere of her new movie but also today is the day where the young doctor will give her an answer.

It’s been a month of courting but it doesn’t feel like she’s doing anything due to their busy schedule.

She still has a tiny bit of hope, considering Wendy is more comfortable around her now compared to when she approached her aggressively at ‘seduce 101’ and ‘date 101’ show.

She invited Wendy to come to the movie premiere today at 5 PM. Well the latter was not sure if she could come because she has surgery today. Out of all day, she chose to book herself with 3 surgeries today. Didn’t she know that today is the big day? Is it her way to indirectly reject Irene?

That’s why Irene has been jumpy and nervous since she woke up.

 

**

 

Wendy woke up with a jolt. She always, always nervous in the morning before surgery. Afraid that she’ll oversleep and screw up plus today is not just any day, she’ll have to give an answer to Irene.

 

Honestly, she is still unsure of her feelings. How come one can fall in love in a month? She didn’t even believe in love at first sight. That’s just so foreign to her. Wendy never values looks more than anything.

 

So when the world is head over heels with the nation's sweetheart, she is not. When Irene first shows interest in her, she doesn't even feel moved. But that is like more than a month ago, today's Irene is better in her eyes. Today’s Irene feels more genuine to her. But is it enough to start a relationship with her?

 

Yerim threatened her everytime she stopped by the clinic (which is almost everyday), saying how she’s an ungrateful b*tch and just wait for the wrath of Irene’s army of fans if she ever sees the young idol looks crestfallen. It kind of scared her because her fans are no joke.

 

Aside from that, the idea of dating someone famous never occurred in her very simple life. Even the idea of having someone never occurred to Wendy. Her life is dedicated to animals, animals and animals only. She had crushes back then but it never beat her love for animals.

 

Anyway, Wendy needs to get ready now or else she’ll be having a mental breakdown throughout the day for failing her surgery. She’ll think about Irene later.

 

**

 

Time went so fast and Wendy found herself in front of the theater, she could see the young idol fans lining up, waiting for the entrance to open. The doctor readjusted her cap, she feels a bit sorry for them because she got a VIP invitation.

 

She thinks to stealthily walk inside so no one would notice her, probably they would think she’s a staff or something? Nah, she’ll just come in last.

 

It’s 4:30 PM now and the movie will start in 30 minutes. But what to do in 30 minutes?

Wendy opted to watch the fans. Well, they look very excited.

 

Gasps

 

Is that Yerim waving a banner as big as her body?

Wendy gulped, Yerim would definitely notice her. The latter has been pestering her to come with h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter