I'd love you to want me

Ungrateful Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi there,

I've (randomly) decided to post more oneshots under "ungrateful melody"  

I guess i miss wenrene too much!

Italic = song lyric

enjoy!

***
Wendy POV

I was just sitting on a high chair at the very back of the shop with an overused sketchbook laying over my lap  when a very familiar song played from the old speaker.

I know this song very well since my father used to listen to it a lot back then.
But i couldn't remember if the lyric was this beautiful.

Definitely reminds me of a certain someone who has been my crush since forever.
So yeah, I am, Wendy Son, the infamous player has a crush!

I thought after my 3 years in college i would've moved on but nope, this feeling still there, deep inside me.
Hell, all my flings, my ex-es would laugh at me if they know.
I was known as a love-at-first-sight non believer until i saw her at the welcoming ceremony.
Right, i had fallen for her since day 1.
I've tried to ignore my feeling by dating different girls hence the player title was given to me.
But she never completely leaves my mind.
Take a look at my sketchbook and you'll see how long I've been longing for her, wanting her to be mine.

I thought i would feel content with admiring her from a far,keeping her perfect figure in my drawing.
But who am i to lie, i'm a player not a liar.
It hurts me every time i see her holding someone else's hand when it could be me, it should be me!

But i couldn't make my way to her, i don't know what stopping me.
Maybe because she was up there, way too precious, way out of my league
or perhaps way too pure for me.
She would never want me in the same way i want her to want me.

It's pathetic that i had fallen for her, the college sweetheart.
The good girl that every parents in law would want, hell, my mum would want her too.
But there is no way i can be with a star...when i'm here down in the deepest ground of earth.

*Cling*
The chimes of the shop's doorbell brought me back from my self pity.
I moved my eyes from my shoes and so suddenly i felt the world is spinning around me.

*when i saw you standing there
i bout fell out of my chair
and when you moved your mouth to speak
i felt the blood go to my feet*

Holy , is it kind of wicked luck ?
or is it the kind of perfect dream that i never have ?
Because i found myself liking it
so damn much!

It's her,
My crush is standing 2 metres away from me.
Apparently wanting to get her daily caffeine.
I know, it's her favourite coffee shop,
she would come here around 9 AM every morning with bunch of her friends whom i remember as Joy and Seulgi and some others that i don't bother to know.
She would like to have her takeout latte with 30% of sugar no more no less.
i know her order very well because i, Wendy Son, somewhat converted into a stalker, her not so subtle stalker since day 1.

I'm also a frequent to this shop as much as my crush.
I would stay at my usual spot which is the one i'm sitting now because it has direct view to the cashier counter and I always have my cup of brewed darjeeling tea.

*deep sighs*
It's been years, i wonder if she ever noticed my presence aka my shameless staring for whole damn 3 minutes because this is the only place where i can see her for long in a day.
I don't have much valid reason to go to the school's west building where nerds, scientists etc have their classes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter