A Love That Blooms

I Wished I Met You Sooner

KIM CHAEWON. In the midst of the people, I found myself no place. The libraries are crowded, the garden have the couples, the bleachers have the players and their friends, and so as the main lobby. Now I only thought of one place, my haven, the music room. I plugged in my earphones and played the music on shuffle as I make my way towards the room. I skipped it and skipped it but then I heard something else. A piano.. someone's playing the piano. I wasn't going to enter but then she started singing. She had an out of this world voice but her skills looked pretty much normal for an amateur pianist but what on Earth?.. I think I've heard of this song. She stopped midway and as she turned around I saw tears on her face that she quickly wiped away upon seeing me. I didn't ask her anything else but instead I spoke with confidence, "Can you like play it again? Please." She nodded as if asking me to listen carefully. Her voice.. the way she hits the notes with the keys... so this is why you are familiar to me. I didn't wanna waste more time asking around about the things that seems so obvious but she's real.. she's the girl that continuously shows up on my dreams. She was my girl. I hugged her tightly as I sat down beside her and she stopped playing. "How long does it took you to finally noticed, Kim Chaewon?" I mentally scoffed. Just as I thought. "5 minutes, Min." And I was sure that those 5 minutes turned out to be the longest time in my life.

I found you, Min. And things started to get messed up after meeting you. You rarely come into my dreams now and I was so sure that something was up but then you would shrugged it off and change the topic which is kinda weird. Actually, you were acting all weird upon meeting me. You always come here on your breaks and I always find myself bringing in a food for two straight that week. But then it all stopped one time and had thought that maybe you were just busy so I roam around the room. I fixed the instruments one by one. The guitar who wasn't on its case was lying next to the piano. As I was going to put it back, I saw a note inside. It had a weird note saying 'I'm oxygen and he's DYING to breathe.' It looked like a famous quote that I never knew existed. I fixed the guitar and picked up the letter and came back the next day only to see that the keyboard's case is uplifted. I walked towards it only to find another note. 'A HOSPITAL BED is a parked taxi with the meter running.' Okay, this is weird. I put the piano back to its place and left the room with the note in hand. Please play for me again, Min. And it was Friday afternoon when I had decided that maybe she'd show up but I still found the whole music room empty. Across the stage, there I saw a violin not too far from where the guitar is. It had another note that sent chills to my back. 'You made it and I DIDN'T.' I rushed towards the lobby to quickly ask the registar of what section she was in but the next few things were like daggers trying to tear me down. "We have no student under the name Kim Minmin."

I spent years searching for clues about your whereabouts and was about to give up until I saw your name on a family reunion. I picked up a mint dress and had my haired tied up in a bun as I drove towards the venue. As soon as I said my name to the receptionist I heard a voice of a little girl saying your name. 'Kim Minmin!' As I was about to look back my mom already called me in. She was telling me something when everything turned black and I was dragged upfront then lights started to turn on one by one. "Tonight we would be celebrating a reunion of two souls that was drift apart by destiny. Kim Chaewon.." As soon as the lights go on at the corner I noticed an all too familiar figure wearing a simple white dress with a little girl wearing a pastel pink dress. I rushed down towards you and gave you a tight hug. "Chae.." I smiled widely, this time around atleast for a moment you're here. "This is Minmin.. my sister and my name's Kim Minju." I stood there listening more to her stories. "I go to the same school as you and everything did happened it's just that I had to see a doctor from another country to cure my sleeping disorder. If I hadn't go abroad, I would not have been any better. I just wanna say this to you. You found me, Chaewon."