Opposite Attracts (Company Outing Part 3)

Polar Opposites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Uncomfortable. That’s it. That’s the only word I can think of right now. Joy’s crop top with thin straps is way exposing my torso and back too much. The freaking shorts are too short I may just wear a in this state.

Seulgi is way more excited seeing me in such state she laughed too much for my liking but eventually linked arms with me as if exclaiming to the whole island that I’m her friend.

I sighed. She’s actually way more charming and attractive compared to me. Sometimes I really wonder how I ended up being friends with the two of them. Don’t misunderstand. Both of them are licensed professionals like me but if we’re going to judge on looks, they would both passed as rising models.

And here I am. A shorty.

I sighed for the umpteenth time that night.

We are now heading on a nearby pub close to our hotel. It was famous for some cool and exotic drinks which of course entranced Joy and they also have in-store games fitting for the young and adventurous which Seulgi excitedly look forward to.

The place was a bit dim. There are only lights on each table and the whole place was decorated with Mexican vibe. I can hear a few chatters, some laughing and some noise which are not so innocent for me.

We had ordered our drinks and boy, Joy almost ordered everything that piqued her interest while Seulgi entertained herself on a dart board close to where we are seated.

We had our fun time. We chat, laughed and drink some more. We let all our stress get carried by the festive night. It was truly a night to be remembered. I’m not really that good at handling my alcohol so I only took sips of the softer drinks as I watch Joy and Seulgi chug down glasses one after another.

Just then, we heard loud familiar laughs from the table two spots away from us.

“Hey, isn’t that Irene and the other superiors?” Seulgi pointed bravely at the group which Joy was quick enough to swat.

I stared at the table she was pointing, trying to make the faces getting blurred by the dim lighting. Indeed, there sit Irene, Jennie, Eric, Kai, Solar and Suho at the table.

Everyone was having fun and we doubt any one of them noticed us. I glanced a bit at Irene and she was already swaying back and forth. I wonder how many hours they had been drinking.

“Okay guys, I think we should scram,” Joy half whispered.

“Huh? Why?” I asked.

“Well, duh, I wouldn’t want to get bullied by drunk superiors if they saw us drinking on the same pub as them. So, let’s go!”

Before I could even answer, Seulgi and Joy had pulled me out of the place.

But our luck must’ve run out already that day when we bumped into one of our HR staff right after we set our foot out of the pub.

“Well what do we have here? Perfect timing. We were actually gathering employees who are nearby to attend the program,” she smirked enthusiastically and the three of us groaned in response.

Perfect.

We arrived in the hotel’s hall with the HR staff tagging behind us, making sure we won’t sidetrack along the way. True enough there was hardly 20 people inside who are of course with distasteful look in their faces.

This is crazy. Who would in their right mind would held a program like this? We were ushered in one of the many empty tables and light snacks were served. A short introduction followed by performances prepared beforehand entertained us, still, we all look sullen and bored. I began to wonder if our lack of proper compensation was due to this kind of extravagant events. It just doesn’t make any sense!

“And now, for our main event! Let us call on our new hires during the year for our Ms. and Mr. Newbie!”

A rehearsed clap followed, and everyone turned their heads all over the place. What the heck is this!?

Now that I looked at it carefully, most of the people in here are newbies except for some superiors who are already too used and tired from partying. Damn, looks like getting bumped in that pub was no way an accident.

We trudged our way to the stage and embarrassing is such an understatement to describe this situation. Our names are called one by one as each one walked on the runway making turns and poses here in there.

‘Oh earth, please just bury me right now.’

My name was called and of course, rather than becoming an embarrassing statue, I walked following closely how the other people went on with their show. Heck, I almost forgot I was wearing skimpy clothes and the air conditioning is not helping at all!

I heard cheerful screams and I can barely make out the voices belonging to Seulgi and Joy.

“That’s my friend over there!”

“You look so hot Wendy!”

“Go Wendy! That’s my girl over there!”

I turned my head to the last voice and found none other than Irene cheering loudly on the side. She has with her the same people in the pub. They were chuckling lightly, some shaking heads. Irene’s face is a bit flush which I presume was the product of the alcohol she had been taking earlier.

‘Oh great, please tell me this would be the last entry on my embarrassment list for the year.’

As expected, I was evicted on the first round and I am beyond thankful for that judgment since I wouldn’t be standing on that freaking stage any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter