Opposite Attracts (Company Movie Night)

Polar Opposites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The busy season has ended, and I had started my official relationship with Irene. Truthfully, nothing much had changed after that sudden breakfast confession. We just had let our feelings known to each other and that’s it. Irene and I are still the superior and staff duo inside our workplace.

An email arrived after lunch break had ended. It was from our HR staff.

“Movie night?” I said out a loud more than I intended.

Irene turned to me briefly and nodded softly.

“It’s an annual event of the Company right after the busy season. They also gave free burritos last year,” Irene beamed an excited smile. She looks more excited for the food rather than the movie itself.

“I see. This is really great. It’s a Marvel movie and I was actually intending on watching this,” I smiled as I responded on the email to confirm my attendance.

“Who were you planning on watching it with?” Irene asked as she continued on her work.

I glanced a bit at her. It’s one of the rare occasions that we would imply about our relationship. I really do wonder why it feels like nothing has changed between us. Sometimes, I’m having this urge to hold her hand and give her a tight hug but then I’d realize we’re still in the office and that would be really weird since nobody still knows about our relationship. Heck, it would be a disaster if our manager finds out about it. Maybe it’s the reason why Irene also acts civil with me at work. She is such a professional I think I’m falling in love with her more.

“I was thinking on going out with you,” I admitted bashfully.

I sensed Irene had stopped typing and I glanced at her warily.

“Let’s do that next time Wendy,” she smiled before returning to her work.

 

“Is this really normal?” I asked as I took a sip of my cola. Seulgi, Joy and I together with our fellow staffs stood outside the cinema as we wait for the cue to enter the theater.

“Yep, I heard it’s always like this. Whenever there are Company activities, most employees usually hang out with those with the same position. And that is why we are all gathered here like army of ants,” Joy said dramatically as she began eating her popcorn.

“I don’t think you should start eating that Joy,” Seulgi reprimanded as she gawked at the handful of popcorn Joy is shoving inside .

“Who cares. Popcorns are supposed to be finished before the movie,” Joy chuckled.

“You’re supposed to finish it inside!” Seulgi argued.

“I can just munch with yours,” Joy said as she eyed the untouched snack Seulgi holds.

The two of them began to bicker and I just sighed at the sight. My eyes had started scanning the area looking for a familiar face.

Right after work had ended, staffs and superiors had gone their own way to the cinema. It’s actually on the same building and we only had to move a few floors. I was actually thinking on going with Irene but before I could speak to her, Jennie had already taken her away and I was pulled along by Seulgi and Joy.

“You looking for something Wen?” Seulgi asked as she stared at me worriedly.

“Huh? Oh, I was just curious where Irene had gone to,” I said.

“I think they’re already inside. Perks of being in command remember?” Joy waved a popcorn and I nodded in agreement.

“That makes sense.”

 

“That was so great! Marvel movies are the best!” Seulgi jumped excitedly as we went out of the cinema.

“Captain America is so dreamy,” Joy batted her eyelashes in sequence as she fantasized about the hunk.

“I prefer Iron man! He’s witty, smart and rich,” I chimed in.

“Ugh, you and your attraction to smart people,” Joy rolled her eyes and I gasped at the accusation.

“What’s wrong with that!? Being smart is really attractive and-“

I was cut off mid-sentence when I saw Irene staring at me a few meters ahead.

“And what Wen?” Seulgi draped an arm around my shoulder as she followed my gaze, smirking as she also made eye contact with Irene.

“Ohh, someone’s staring at you so intensely,” Joy commented as she also joine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter