Polar Opposites (Business Trip)

Polar Opposites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“One week?”

 

“Yeah, you’re not available since you still have an ongoing project so Seulgi was assigned to me,” she responded without even batting an eyelash on my direction as she furiously typed on her laptop.

 

I pouted and creased my brows whilst staring at her.

 

She paused from her work and smirked as she finally gave me her attention.

 

“We were given a huge allowance for the one-week business trip, so I’ll make sure to buy something for you okay?” she chuckled lightly and continued with her furious typing.

 

But we’ve never been together on a business trip before.

 

I wanted to retort with that, but I only let out a sigh.

Our work areas are beside each other for easy communication when she needs something from me. Irene would sometimes hit up a conversation but most of the time it was me. I have grown fonder of her in a few months that we’ve been together. And today, she just dropped a news that she’ll be gone for a week with my office buddy for a freaking business trip that doesn’t include me.

“I want a strawberry jam,” I said before turning back and tapping on my laptop.

A familiar soft chuckle resounded in my ears followed by the words,

“Well noted on that.”

 

“I can’t believe this! I was supposed to be the one to accompany Irene on that business trip but because of this stupid, good-for-nothing project that takes even my precious time for lunch my is stuck in here for who knows until when!” I rasped out before taking a bite of my chicken sandwich.

It’s been 30 minutes since lunch break had started but for the past few weeks, I’d been missing my lunch hours for myself.

“Oh come on Wendy, that’s the reason why I’m here aren’t I? It would’ve been sadder if you were eating all alone here in your work area juggling between work and eating,” Joy let out a hearty laugh befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter