First Argument

One Moment: A Series of Henber drabbles

A/N: This takes place after Henry returned to S. Korea (in real time). Remember that these drabbies/short storbles are not connected to each other in any way. It may seem like a breakaway from the last one, but that’s because it has nothing to do with the last one.

 

First Argument

“Can we just talk about the elephant in the room?” Henry sat back and threw down his game controller, just before Amber shot his character in the head. When she was satisfied with her win, she settled back against the frame of the couch. They were in the makeshift game room set up in Super Junior’s dorm, and the guys had left them to their own devices.

“What?” she asked.

“The fact that I’ve barely seen or spoken to you in forever, and while I was gone, you spent all of your time with Donghae hyung.”

“Ok, back up. The whole point of me being over here kicking your at video games is to see you,” replied Amber, controlling her tone. “And, no, I have not been spending all my time with Donghae oppa. And even if I did, he’s practically my brother.”

Henry frowned. “That’s what you said about me.”

Amber rolled her eyes. “You could’ve called me too, you know. I didn’t know what the protocol was when you were home.”

“Proto?—Amber, our relationship isn’t some PR approved event.”

“Look, I still don’t know how this works. You’re my first boyfriend. I didn’t know if your parents knew or if you’d even tell them.” Now she refused to meet his eye.

“So instead you hung out with Donghae?” He pushed. Amber started to say something about ridiculous jealousy but his words overlapped hers. “I’m your boyfriend. I’m allowed to be jealous.”

She was stunned for a moment, in disbelief that he would talk over her, then glared. “Wait a minute. You’re not off the hook, Violin Boy. Again, I raise the argument. Why didn’t you call or text? Visiting all your little artsy girlfriends?”

No grin was playing on her lips, which told him that she wasn’t joking or playing around.

He sighed in exasperation. “You know you’re my 2nd serious girlfriend ever, and I don’t talk to the 1st.”

“I don’t know anything. I’m not familiar with mating rituals in Canada,” she sneered.

“Why is that the only tactic you know how to use against me?”

“Because I know it works!”

The game room door swung open, and Eunhyuk sauntered in. “What are you guys arguing about? Who’s wearing the cutest boxer shorts?”

Henry looked back at Amber. For the first time since they had started dating, she looked ready to cry, like he had hurt her. She stood up, grabbed her backpack and hefted it onto her shoulder. “I don’t need this right now.”

She stormed out of the room. Henry didn’t expect her to react like this. Eunhyuk looked perplexed as he should have. It was probably impossible for him to believe that they were having a real argument. After all, they never usually did.

Henry ran out after her and found her in the living room with a flustered Donghae and half of his Super Junior hyungs.

“Oppa, can you please tell Henry here that we are not going behind his back.”

“Wae! Definitely not!” replied Donghae making a face.

“I miss the days where we actually followed the ‘no dating’ rule,” said Shindong somewhere in the room.

Henry looked around at them, then back at her. “Why don’t we talk about this privately?”

“Why?” She asked defiantly. “He’s standing right here.”

“Fine. I didn’t text because for once, I wanted to see how much I meant to you!” He shouts.

“Fight in Korean,” someone requests.

“According to that, it’s not much,” Henry finished, staring into her eyes and making her feel the pain he felt waiting for her calls.

Amber couldn’t seem to glare any longer. She reached into her backpack and pulled out a stack of envelopes, throwing them at him before she released the first tear. “I thought these would be more romantic. I was going to give them to you tonight. Sorry I screwed it up.”

Henry stared down at the letters dumbfounded. Amber mumbled goodbye to everyone, wiping her tear, and left before anyone could say a word.

Donghae patted him on the shoulder. “Amber’s the last person you should accuse of anything like that. Her exterior is cool, and it doesn’t take much to make her happy, but in times like this, she’s the same as any other girl. She really missed you. I took care of her while you were gone. Nothing romantic about it.”

Henry felt like a jerk and even more of a jerk after reading the first letter, and then the second, and then the third, and so on, each with a cute or funny picture or drawing of herself. About midway through the stack, Leeteuk loaned him a piece of paper, and he began his own letter to her.

Dear Amber, the coolest girlfriend in the entire universe,

I’m a complete .

 

 

A/N: inspired by watching all of those fancams of Donghae and Amber performing "Oops!" a couple of months ago and wanting to cry. Just a bit. Now that Henry came back awhile ago, hopefully he and Amber can find time to hang out together. Next one needs a revision so... yeah. 4 more to go.