You Two

One Moment: A Series of Henber drabbles

A/N: One more to go and that'll be end of the series :) Thanks for reading and continued support :)

 

You Two

Lee Soo Man stared at them for a long time from behind his desk. On cushioned chairs in front of him sat Henry and Amber, both staring at their feet and fiddling with their thumbs.

“Did you two think I wouldn’t find out?” the man said after a good minute of silence.

Neither of them dared to speak. Or look up. Or look at each other.

“I know each and everything happening in this building, outside of this building, and outside of this country when it comes to my company, and I’ve kept my eye on you two fairly often.”

He stood from his desk chair and began to pace slowly around the office. Henry saw all of his dreams collapse at once. Amber was already packing her bags and preparing an apology speech to F(x) in her mind.

“I know about the secret parties, the secret girlfriends and boyfriends, and the underage drinking of the trainees encouraged by sunbaes. I even know your little English slang words you foreigners use when you don’t want us to understand what you’re saying.”

For the first time since they had entered the office, Amber and Henry made subtle eye contact and swore inwardly.

“It’s one thing to blatantly lie and hide your misbehavior,” continued the man, now standing in front of his large windows, looking out into Seoul, “but to flaunt your relationship around my company, not even try to hide the evidence, don’t you think that’s too insulting?”

One thing Henry and Amber had learned during their time in Seoul. No one insulted Lee Soo Man.

“I didn’t stop it when I heard that you two were performing Justin Bieber. I didn’t stop it when I heard that you two personally wanted to do a Christmas song together and shoot a video for it. I didn’t call you into my office after the Tokyo display of affection or the subtle, but ever present skinship in New York.”

Now Henry was bored. If he was going to fire them, or stick a knife in his back, he should probably just get on with it.

“Amber, Henry, stand.”

They did so, and Amber held her breath. Literally. If she didn’t, she’d throw up everywhere.

President Lee sat back down in his chair and stared at them yet again.

“When the time comes, we will have to release a statement. It will be a burden.”

Before Amber could stop herself, her eyebrows knitted in confusion. Wanting to speak but not sure how to go about it, she raised her hand. “Seonsaeng-nim, I don’t understand. Are you firing us?”

The man’s face was very serious, then he smiled jovially. “Fire you? I will not fire you today. But when your relationship is finally discovered and taken seriously by the media, the company will release a statement confirming it.”

Henry and Amber stared back at him in pure and utter shock.

“Seriously?” Henry was incredulous. Amber elbowed him, and he remembered honorifics. “Sorry, Seonsaeng-nim. But seriously? You’re not going to punish us? You’re not going to make us break up?”

“If I was going to do that, I would have done so the minute you two stepped into this office! I called you in here to make you squirm, and you did, so my afternoon was not wasted. Now go, leave. And don’t make me regret my kindness.”

Henry and Amber exhaled the minute they left his office and walked as fast as they could away from the door.

“What just happened?” asked Amber.

“Our boss just OKed our relationship while handing us our asses,” replied Henry.

“Yeah, that’s what I thought happened, but there’s a possibility this is all a figment of my imagination during a dance practice where I’ve passed out.”

Henry pinched her hard, and she screamed. “Still awake!”

“I’ll walk you down to dance practice. Climb on.”

“Aish, crazy foreigners. No shame,” said Lee Soo Man, watching them from the doorway of his office as Amber piggybacked Henry and laughed loudly. Those two really were too insulting. He smiled for them anyway.