(Awkward) Double Date

One Moment: A Series of Henber drabbles

A/N: Yeah, sorry, I had to include my other ship in this one. I just had to. This one is pretty long, but I adore it for obvious reasons. Enjoy. Don't hate me. 

 

 (Awkward) Double Date

Amber and Victoria are at Henry’s studio. It’s almost 7, and Victoria has had reign over the kitchen area for about two hours cooking everything under the sun. She keeps complaining to herself in Mandarin, then shouts at them in Korean whenever they’re being too loud and messing with her concentration. She’s only on edge because they are having their first (secret) double date with the guy she’s (secretly) seeing. This (secret) guy happens to be Nichkhun, her (fake) husband who she (fake) divorced several months ago on that heart-crushing reality show (Amber’s words, not Henry’s) “We Got Married”. Amber hasn’t been a fan after watching Victoria (secretly) struggle to get over it for weeks after it ended.

Amber foolishly suggested to do a double date to cheer Vic up, and since Henry’s is the only private place they could think of, his studio has become F(x) dorm number 2.

Henry and Amber are getting in intense couch make-out time when his doorbell rings. Victoria runs out of the kitchen with great big doe eyes and they all look around at each other for a couple of seconds. It rings again.

“Answer the door. I need to fix my hair!” Victoria dashes toward the bathroom.

Henry and Amber answer the door together with much gusto and excitement, and Nichkhun looks awkward but appreciates the gesture to break the ice. Henry and Nichkhun have never really met so they do introductions and welcoming before Victoria waltzes out with a calm smile. The air in the room becomes uncomfortable as Nichkhun and Victoria figure out how they’ll greet each other.

“We’ll bring out the food,” announces Amber, pulling Henry along into the kitchen.

“This is more awkward than I expected,” says Henry, sampling a piece of meat from the pan.

Almost as if she’s standing in the kitchen watching him, he hears Victoria yell, “Don’t you dare touch the food until it’s on the table!”

“Just let them have their time. When they loosen up, expect the urge to facepalm every 5 seconds,” Amber jokes.

Halfway through dinner, Nichkhun is turning out to be really nice, and Henry has never seen Victoria act so shy. For the first time (in Korea), they all feel like normal people. They all decide to be informal with each other since they’re foreigners and keep switching languages, from English, to Mandarin, and back to Korean all throughout.

Nichkhun and Victoria, once relaxed and comfortable, are strange and romantic acting. The way they act make Amber and Henry look like best buddies, and both Henry and Amber feel a little jealous watching their display. But their relationship is more natural, probably due to the fact that they started off as friends and grew into something more, whereas Nichkhun and Victoria only know each other from pretending to be husband and wife for over a year.

Khun and Vic are feeding each other every other bite, which keeps causing everyone to fall silent.

Henry a smile, picks up a piece of meat with his chopsticks and holds it up to Amber’s mouth. Khun and Vic look up expectantly.

Amber’s eyes travel from the food to Henry, and she holds up her chopsticks. “I’m covered.”

Everyone laughs, and Amber feeds herself.

“So,” Nichkhun starts, wiping his mouth, “I have to know. How’d you two get together?”

Amber looks at Henry shyly. No one has ever asked them this question and truthfully, they don’t really have a straightforward answer.

“Um, it was a chain of events, really,” Henry shrugs, looking at Amber for guidance or agreement. She continues to eat silently.

“What kind of events?” Nichkhun presses.

“Ugh, don’t make them tell,” Victoria scoffs, feeding him more.

“Unnie!” Amber threatens.

Henry waits for Nichkhun to decode Victoria’s message, but he only looks confused, a smile playing on his lips.

“Um,” Henry fumbles, aware that he’s turning bright red.

“He liked me and I liked him so we took it to the next level. That’s it,” says Amber quickly.

Victoria smirks and whispers something into Nichkhun’s ear. Nichkhun’s eyes go wide. “That’s a pretty fast moving chain of events.”

Amber changes the subject lightning fast.

After dinner, Amber and Nichkhun do the dishes since Victoria cooked and they’ve invaded Henry’s place.

Amber’s in the middle of Miss A’s “Goodbye Baby" dance, soap dripping down her arm and onto the floor, when Nichkhun smiles at her affectionately. “You and Henry make a really good couple. I had to see it to believe it.”

“Thanks?”

“We should become closer. You know, since we’ve all created a scandal.”

“Treat Victoria like the queen that she is, and we’ll be as close as you want,” Amber warns, then smiles cheerfully.

“In that case, you might have to add me to your long list of bestfriends.” They rinse out the sink and dry their hands.

To complete the normal, awkward double date night, Henry sets up a movie for them to watch, a scary movie requested by Amber. She’s helping Victoria get in some skinship with Nichkhun before the night is over and they all turn back into idol pumpkins who aren’t allowed to date.

Everyone settles down into their designated places. Then it’s Victoria and Nichkhun’s turn to feel jealous when Amber stretches out on the couch and places her head in Henry’s lap. They watch uncomfortably from the small loveseat as Henry leans down to kiss her and the two exchange ‘I love you’s’.

The movie starts.  

 

A/N: I considered publishing this on here as a separate story, but I REALLY wanted to do a secret double date part. Originally it was only two paragraphs, but it just didn’t feel like enough so…. Forgive me if you’re not a Khuntoria lover. And forgive me for this being too long. And forgive me for lying about these all being drabbles. Apparently I don’t know how to stop typing. AND forgive me because even though I said that 5 were left, there’s actually still 5 left NOW. Anyway, hope you continue to enjoy.  Ps: if you want to know why I ship what I ship, hop on over to my profile page thingy and read why :)