Everyone's Watching

One Moment: A Series of Henber drabbles

A/N: so let’s see here. In the beginning of this series, Amber was all like “I’m not Henry’s type”, and Henry was like “Amber’s so my type”. As the series went on, there were a lot of firsts, and everyone accepted them, even their boss. So I wonder what would be the next step in the Henber relationship? Ladies and Gentlemen of the Henber ship, this is what I think should happen next.

 

*Everyone’s Watching*

 

It’s not the first time they’ve been on stage together to perform.

It’s not the first time they’ve made a spectacle of themselves in front of their group members or fans. It’s not even the first time they’ve performed on this stage at this venue.

But Amber is nervous. She wonders if they should abort the whole thing. Things might get real ugly, real fast. But she’s never been a coward, and she doesn’t want to become one now. Not when everyone’s watching.

Kyrstal hugs her from behind, startling her. “I’ll totally miss trolling Kryber, but all things must come to an end, right?” The girl smiles at her unnie. “Now or never.”

“Let’s hope now,” says Amber.

She waits for Henry to conclude his performance song. Then, the music switches, and his melodic voice calls to her. My heart’s a stereo, it beats for you so listen close, hear my thoughts in every note…

The fans are cheering loudly, and she wonders whether or not it’ll get louder or softer when she comes out. When she finally steps into the light of the stage, and it takes about 5 seconds for it to register to the fans who it is.

The screams grow louder. Henry is smiling at her. It’s all she needs to start powerfully.

If I was just another dusty record on the shelf, would you blow me off and play me like everybody else…

Stereo Hearts. They chose it together to tell the world about their feelings. Not the intimate feelings of their love—that’s for only them—but the fun they have together. The quick beats of their hearts, the melody of their laughter, the honesty, and the movement of their bodies to a rhythm only they can follow. The music of their love.

He sings the chorus to her, as she moves around him teasingly, never quite near enough for him to catch her. The second verse is his to rap, and he’s playful with it, making her blush. She sings the chorus to the crowd, not wanting to leave them out. They both wave their hands in the air from side to side and manage to get the crowd to follow their lead.

The song is simple, but she and Henry get it. It’s music that brought them together, in a foreign country, in a world where they don’t fit but have learned not to give up. In a place where they break all the rules.

And here’s one more rule to break.

Amber moves closer, holds his gaze, and sings to him with all of her heart.

I only pray you never leave me behind because good music can be so hard to find…

Henry reaches out, and they lace their fingers together. The minute they do so, it’s as if it sends an electric current through the audience. The screams and cheers are thunderous. They turn toward the crowd, both singing together, and walk hand in hand to the edge of the stage. When the song ends, they bow, giant smiles plastered onto their faces. Amber loves the stage and she loves Henry. This is what she wants all of her life.

And it’s not over, not when she has Henry for a boyfriend. She feels his sudden kiss on her cheek, and that’s when the fans lose it. The thunderous screams become otherworldly as they quickly wave and run off stage, adrenaline pumping. It’s a success. It has to be because nothing should feel this good.

Three hours later, both Henry and Amber check their phones only to be greeted by the most missed calls and text messages they've ever recieved. It’s all over the Korean media and Kpop blogs, and Henry’s twitter account is going insane. Apparently, everyone got the not-so-subtle message.

The number one message trending on twitter takes the cake.

#HENBER IS REAL

Henry and Amber laugh over it together in private while they still can.

“Henber is so real, baby!” Henry shouts before tackling her and attacking her with kisses. And they'll always be.

THE END.

 

A/N: and there you have it! The end. In the poster for this story, there’s a stereo with little hearts floating out of it, and I was so surprised because the day before I got the poster, I decided to let Henber sing *Stereo Hearts* for the final story. So it was fated. I’ll miss coming up with stuff for this, even doing the editing. If you’re disappointed, sorry! I did the best I could. You guys have been awesome. Thank you for subscribing, for reading even if you didn’t subscribe, and for all of the comments. I’m happy I could share my excitement over this (amazing) ship and hopefully I’ll keep being inspired to write on the site. Thanks!! Fighting!!