One Moment/The Kind of Girl

One Moment: A Series of Henber drabbles

  Author's Note: All of these drabbles are unrelated to each other, but they each reflect a stage of Henry and Amber's romantic relationships. These first two drabbles are the beginning, and they are connected. Again, I’m a minimalist writer so don’t expect super crazy amazing descriptions that make your head spin.

 

One Moment (Amber's POV):

He doesn’t like girls like me. Not many guys do. To him, I’m just another friend that he can speak English with and kid around. But sometimes, when we look at each other, I get this weird feeling, like he’s thinking about it. Thinking about us and what we could be. And then it’s gone as if it never happened.

I try not to think about it. After all, I have enough on my plate and so does he. But I do. I think about it every second and hope that one awkward, weird moment of the day, he’ll finally make a decision. Not about what we could be but what we are.

 

The Kind of Girl (Henry's POV):

She’s the kind of girl who can beat you in basketball, then trip over her own two feet. The kind of girl who decides she’s going to buy the same shirt as you and look better in it, but wiggles her painted nails in your face before going onstage. She’s the kind of girl who wants to join you when you go to the gym for some weight lifting, but ignores your calls all night because she’s too enthralled in a drama she’s watching with Luna or Sulli.

She’s all sorts of things, not that the people who judge her would know. They call her boyish and mistake her for a guy like it’s the funniest joke, but she entices them ith her every moment onstage. They scream for her, yet whisper about her. No one knows which it’ll be until she does her thing.

So while I hang out with her, swearing and playing rough and not giving a damn because she’s one of us, one of the guys, I also hug her close to me. I pick her up and spin her around just to hear her laugh, and I watch her every move whenever she’s near. She makes me chill, but she makes me crazy. I want to fist pound with her, yet make out with her and never come up for air. I want to be her friend, but more and more I want to be more than that.

She’s the kind of girl that confuses you because you don’t know which Amber you’ll get that day. But I’m the kind of guy who wants whichever one it happens to be. Just as long as I have her.