Chapter 7

Unfold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you okay?”

Yeojin throw a worried glance to the girl walking beside her. Well, she couldn’t help but get worried when she saw the usual cheerful girl looking so gloomy. She looks like she didn’t get a wink of sleep last night.

Yerim nodded, “Yeah, just kind of stress with all the things happening.” She sighed before resting her arm around the smaller woman’s shoulder.

When Yeojin heard the tired voice of Yerim she looked up, “Wanna sleep at the rooftop?” She asked.

“We have a class, Yeojin.” Yerim chuckled before pulling the girl closer to her side.

Rolling her eyes, Yeojin says, “We can just skip this one.”

Yerim looked down and tried to examine the girl’s expression, trying to see if the girl is kidding or what, but Yeojin stared back. Soft warm orbs staring back at her.

“Are you seriously asking me to ditch class?”

Yeojin firmly nodded, “I am.”

She looked at the smaller girl, trying to look for any signs of joke or just something that would tell her that Yeojin wasn’t serious but all she can see was anything but that. Yeojin is staring back at her, determined to show to the taller that she’s really serious.

Yerim chuckled, “You really are.” It wasn’t a question, more like a confirmation to herself that this genius beside her is seriously asking her to ditch class just for her to rest.

A firm nod was responded to her, “Yeah, just this once.”

And then she saw themselves sitting at the rooftop. The usual spot where she would see Yeojin every single time she looks for the other. They are on the hidden bench at the corner of the rooftop, hidden enough to hide them from the burning sun and has the perfect view of the university ground.

Yeojin turned to her side and looked at the worn out girl beside her. She can’t help but get sad and concerned for the girl because Yerim is basically the personification of happiness and anything good, so seeing the absence of Yerim’s brightness Yeojin couldn’t stop herself from feeling bad. She feels like she got something to do with it.

Feeling really worried for Yerim, she doesn’t even notice that the girl she’s looking at is already staring back at her, “Hey, you okay?” Yerim frowned, seeing the visible pout on the other lass.

“Are you okay?” Yeojin asked in return, not quite understanding why Yerim is asking her when Yerim is obviously the one feeling not okay.

Yerim smiled with a small shake of her head, “Don’t worry, I’m okay.” She looked at the students below them. Some are rushing to get to their class, some are maybe already on their way home, while some are just having a little chitchat with friends.

She can still feel the worried eyes of Yeojin staring at her, so she sighed before leaning her head down to the smaller girl’s shoulder. It’s kind of funny if someone would see them like this, especially when Yerim’s lower half is already halfway on falling down from the bench.

Yeojin snorted at their position, “You’ll hurt your neck and back.” She says, chuckling at the situation, “Get up.”

Yerim whined but followed the smaller nonetheless, “What? I’m getting comforta─” She was cut off when Yeojin leaned her head down to the shoulder of the whining girl, “So, this is what you want?” She laughed.

“I’m too small for you to lean your head, you can just lean on my head.”

“Thank you, Yeojin.” She says after pressing her head down against Yeojin’s own, grabbing the small hand of the latter.

She’s just really thankful that Yeojin doesn’t probe and force anything out of her and just stayed with her. Yerim might be an easygoing person but she’s still having a hard time voicing out her feelings especially when she knows it’s not something good.

 

But all those happy moments with Yeojin was suddenly forgotten when she saw the forlorn face of best friend as soon as she got back to their dorm.

Hyejoo looked up at her and sighed, “Your parents came here.”

Yerim nodded as she put down her bag down at the foot of their couch before settling down beside the other woman, “Did they tell you anything?”

A nod, “They just asked me to take care of you because they’ll get busy.” Hyejoo looked at her best friend carefully, “I heard from Mom about what happened.”

She sighed and gulped the forming lump in ,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter