Chapter 10

Unfold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was all too much. She doesn’t exactly know what’s happening. She just remembered being forced to meet with her father.

And oh, she remembers the shouts. The usual disappointment words of her father. The arguments between Haseul and their father.

How she’s suddenly on her way to someone else’s place is one she isn’t sure. She could her assigned secretary saying what she’s supposed to do.

What her dad expects her to do.

Regardless of what she wants.

“Young miss, we’re here.”

Yeojin breathed deeply before looking around the area. They are in one of the busy district of their city.

She’s alone with some of their company staffs who would watch her as she finishes what her dad wants her to do.

She’s expected to stop someone’s business because they weren’t able to pay their loan in their company. If she’s in her father place, she wouldn’t do any of these. She would give them enough time until they can pay.

Unfortunately, her dad would never think that way.

She only snapped out of her daze when she heard the door besides her opening, “We have to go, young miss.”

She gulped before finally going out of the car. She’s surrounded with several of their staffs and she definitely stands out, wearing the familiar crest that symbolizes the power of their family.

Her secretary leaded the way for her, and as they enter the restaurant she felt something twist inside her. Not really sure why, but it’s there.

A middle aged couple welcomes them, bowing at them profusely. She didn’t bother returning the gesture, knowing full well her father would learn about it once she did.

You have to intimidate them.

You’re an Im.

An Im never bows down to anyone.

And so, she forces herself to act like one.

Like how her father expected her to be.

“Good morning, young miss.” The wife bowed at her as they meet eyes. Yeojin felt something familiar.

Those eyes look too familiar.

Those soft brown eyes.

She shook her head to remove unwelcomed thoughts, “Let’s get into business. I don’t have much time.”

The couple nodded and gestures for them to take a seat. The restaurant is closed for this certain meeting, so they are the only one in the place.

“I’m sure our company contacted you regarding your loan, am I right?” She asked as soon as they settled themselves, “And I’m sure you know what the contract says.”

She looked up and her heart broke at the sight of the couple. They were looking down while nodding, hands holding on each other.

But she couldn’t act soft to them.

“We—Yes, we are aware.” The husband nodded as he tries to meet eyes with young woman.

Yeojin’s heart broke a slight more with how exhausted those eyes looks like.

She was about to speak when the wife talked, “But can—can we please ask for just bit more time? We still don’t have the money.” Her voice shakes, “You can just add an interest.”

She clenched her jaw, before her eyes shifted to her secretary who shakes her head. She wanted to say yes, that of course they can take their time, but it’s not her place to decide.

Her father just sent her there with just two options.

Have their payment or stop the operation of the restaurant.

“Unfortunately, I can’t give you any more time. You signed a contract with our company and that is for 4 years.” She stood up, forcing the lump down of , “And as per the contract, if you couldn’t pay your loan within the time duration, we’ll have your restaurant.”

She looked at her staffs before going out of the restaurant, ignoring the pleading of the couple behind her as she immediately went inside their car.

She closes her eyes, inhaling deeply. She hates what she did. And she hates herself for allowing her father to control her like this.

“Let’s go.”

And as their car leaves, she didn’t hear someone’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter