Chapter 9

Unfold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yeojin-ah.”

“I know, Seul, I know.” Yeojin sighed as she avoids the eyes of her sister, “I just need some more time, okay?”

Seeing her sister upset and is the last thing Haseul would want, so having the girl feel those right now saddens her. She just does not know what to do. Not when their parents are involved.

They both know they couldn’t do anything once their parents are involved. All they could do is to follow whatever they want.

Follow them like some puppets.

Because that is how they grew up.

Being part of the Im’s is really a blessing and curse all at the same time.

It is a blessing in a way that no one would question them as long as they carry that name. No one would stand in their way.

But that’s also a curse.

They both lose a lot of people once they learned who they really are.

And while losing those people, Yeojin was the most affected.

She was young. She cannot understand why her friends are leaving her once they know who she is, once they learned which family she belongs to.

So, when she got the chance to finally leave their family house, Yeojin did not even hesitate to pack her things and leave with her sister.

So, she made that deal with her sister. She will accept being their company CEO if she is allowed to go to the university of her choice. And so, Haseul asked their parents to just let the young girl go.

And Yeojin finally got the chance to make friends.

To enjoy her youth.

Away from their watchful parents.

So, when their parents called them to go back to the main house, Yeojin begged for a little more time. Because she knows that once she set her foot on that place, she will never get the chance of meeting her friends again.

And she’s scared.

She does not want to lose anymore of her friends.

She already loses too much.

“Alright, I’ll talk to Dad.” Haseul pulled the younger closer to her and embraces her, “Go home and rest.”

Yeojin watches as her sister exit the room, they are in. She sighed once more as her eyes scans the empty room.

Haseul abruptly pull her inside when she got into a heated conversation with her father earlier. She just does not understand why they always forces her to do something.

She is not a kid anymore who would follow whatever they want blindly.

Her thoughts were stopped when her phone vibrated against her pants.

She saw a short message from Chaewon asking her where she is. She stood up after sending a reply to her friend.

The moment she got off the elevator, several employees bowed down to her as a sign of respect.

And god, how she hates that.

Yeojin ignores the people greeting her, striding towards her car. It has been so long since she uses her car, but she is not in the right mind to use the public transport and interact with a lot of people at the moment.

It didn’t even take her that long to reach her shared apartment with her sister. After parking her car, she immediately went inside.

She immediately changed her clothes and sat on her bed. She does not know what to do with her thoughts all over the place.

God knows how much she wants to rest but her mind wouldn’t let her.

Slowly, she reached for her phone on her nightstand. She stares at the number for a moment. Contemplating whether to call the girl or not.   

Maybe she’s already resting.

But she needs to hear her voice.

And maybe be a little impulsive.

“Hey,” Yeojin lay down on her bed, hugging her favorite plushy and her phone pressed against her left ear.

Hearing the chuckle from the other line made her smile too. She doesn’t even notice the wide grin forming on her lips.

“Why are you still awake?” The girl on the other line asked, “Are you having a hard time sleeping?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter