Chapter Seven

Getting to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Seven

 

Naeun took a deep inhale and then slowly released her breath, allowing the action to simmer down her thoughts. It had been almost a month since she returned to Korea from her brief stay in Paris, and she had been busy since. 

 

Besides work commitments, she spent most of her days moving into her new place. It took her a while, but she finally decided to move out of Apink's apartment, for she believed that it was time she fully embraced being an adult. Her parents and friends had babied and sheltered her for years. So now, she wanted to learn how to be independent and not always rely on others. 

 

So far, the experience had been fun and exciting. Her new home was like a blank canvas, ready to be painted. She already had tons of ideas for every corner. However, she was most excited about her walk-in closet. Her love for shopping had earned her quite a collection of fashion pieces, and she had been looking forward to giving them a new home. 

 

As her eyes scanned her bare living room walls, she suddenly recalled the paintings she ordered. They're scheduled to be delivered that day, and she hoped it would be soon as it was already late in the afternoon. 

 

Bringing her thoughts back to her initial dilemma, her gaze shifted to the two scripts she haphazardly threw on the couch. Walking towards the spot, she picked one on each hand. She silently read the titles of each before throwing them back with a groan. "Aish!" she murmured in annoyance. She had been going back and forth between the two for days now, yet she is still unable to decide.

 

The first one was an offer to star in a rom-com drama. Her character was the typical chic and successful second female lead vying for the male lead's heart. Since the role was offered, it was guaranteed that the part would be hers if ever accepted. On the other hand, the other offer was an invitation to audition for a minor movie character. She had looked through the script, and she liked the character and where the plot was going. However, it seemed like the character won't have a lot of lines and screen times.

 

The more practical and more uncomplicated choice would be to choose the second-lead role. She had done something similar in the past, so it should be a little easier for her. Plus, the part would be guaranteed as hers. Yet, she was somewhat drawn to that minor movie character. However, getting the part would be a challenge, for she had to audition. A small part of her wanted to try while the rest of her was hesitant hence her existing dilemma. 

 

The scripts were handed to her when she visited their company earlier that month, and now, she only had a few days left to choose. She wanted to ask for more time, but she knew she was asking for the impossible since they had to set her schedule for the upcoming months soon. 

 

Looking back to the years since she branched into acting, she knew she still had a long way to go. She had been aware of the criticisms regarding her acting, so she wanted to continue to work hard and improve. However, she wasn't sure which one would benefit her best between the two offers she had. 

 

A soft sigh escaped her lips as she slumped herself on the couch, her mind weighing the pros and cons. 'This is more stressful than picking the color of my walls,' she thought, letting out a small laugh.  

 

She spent a few minutes pondering when she got a call from the security downstairs notifying her of a package for her.

 

 'That must be the painting I ordered,' she thought excitedly. With her mood uplifted by the news, she thanked the personnel downstairs and told them she's on her way down. 

 

Due to the building's tight security, only guests approved by the residents were allowed to enter, including delivery crews. It might seem over the top for some, but it was something she liked since her privacy was something she valued. She didn't mind having to go down every time a package arrives. Stories of saesangs masquerading as delivery personnel to get into celebrities' homes were something she didn't want happening to her. 

 

When Naeun got to the lobby, she found the security personnel standing by a broad rectangular package. By the looks of it, she could already tell it was the painting.  

 

"Son Naeun-ssi, this was left for you," the personnel relayed. 

 

After confirming that it was indeed what she ordered, she took a couple steps back from the package and thought about how she would bring it to her place.

 

"Did they just drop this off and left?" she asked, and the guy nodded in reply.  

 

She was about to ask if he could help her bring it to her place when the personnel got a call from someone asking for assistance. Without a second wasted, the guy excused himself and left. 

 

Left alone by herself, Naeun placed a hand on her right hip and scowled. "What about me? I needed help too," she muttered under her breath. The painting wasn't that heavy, but she needed another person to hold it from the other end due to its size. 

 

She was tempted to call their manager or one of her members for help but then decided against it. How would she manage to live independently if she couldn't even figure out how to solve a problem as minor as this? 

 

'I guess this is part of adulting 101,' she thought, her excitement for the painting slightly dampened by her current predicament. 

 

In the end, she decided to wait for the security personnel to come back so she could ask for his help. Hopefully, he wouldn't take long to return to his post. 

 

Naeun stood there for almost fifteen minutes, and she was starting to get tired of waiting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter