Chapter Three

Getting to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Three

 

After a brief stop at her friend's place and changing into a more appropriate traveling attire, Naeun was back in the car with Taemin. They were now headed to the airport. Or so she thought until she noticed him take a different turn.

 

"I think you took the wrong street," she informed him, pointing at the street sign. She had visited her friend numerous times to be familiar with the way to the airport from her friend's house. 

 

A thin smile edged his lips as he proclaimed, "Let's eat first."

 

Naeun was about to refuse but then remembered she hadn't really eaten much that day except for the hangover soup that Taeyong made. She didn't even get to enjoy the soup due to the seven pairs of eyes watching her. 

 

"Where?" she asked, turning her head to face him. 

 

Taemin shaped his lips into a more evident smile. "I know a place," he said, turning the car into the next street. 

 

The restaurant that Taemin took her to held a relaxing and light ambiance. It was located in the Marina del Rey area, just minutes away from LAX, so they don't have to worry about getting stuck in traffic. They were seated on the second-floor balcony of the restaurant, overlooking the bay. 

 

Naeun can't help but beam at the wind hitting her face. The ocean breeze felt nice, consoling her after her chaotic day. "This place is nice," she can't help but exclaim. She was thankful Taemin decided to take her there.

 

Taemin watched as she exclaimed in delight. "I'm glad you like it here."

 

She cast him another appreciative glance before looking back to take in the scenery before them. She loved how the serene water was as blue as the clear sky, the complete opposite of her day. A glass of mimosa would have been perfect for brunch. However, she's skipping on the alcohol for now. 

 

When their orders arrived, she secretly stole glances at Taemin as she contemplated whether to ask him about what's been weighing on her mind. Until now, they had not really spoken about how she ended up in his room. Her mind had been coming up with various scenarios, each one worse than the other.

 

Sensing her stares, Taemin paused to look at her. "You have a question?" he asked as if reading her thoughts, his eyes settling directly on hers.

 

She felt her cheeks turn pink, and her eyes were downcast for a second. The way he set his attention entirely on her made her heart gave a nervous jolt. 

 

When she finally spoke, her voice was hesitant. "What happened last night?"

 

A mysterious smile tugged at the corner of his lips. "Last night?" he repeated, his tone cryptic. 

 

 Naeun's breath caught sharply in . 'That's not a good sign,' she thought as she carefully watched his expression. 

 

Before he could utter another word, she was quick to stop him. "Nevermind!" she yelled out, waving her hand.  

 

He titled an eyebrow. "No?" he asked, seemingly amused by her.

 

She shook her head wildly. "Nevermind," she repeated. "I don't want to know." She thought it best that she doesn't know. 

 

"Are you sure?" he probed before taking a sip from his drink. 

 

Naeun put her hands together. "Can we just forget it happened?" she asked in a pleading tone. "Please?"

 

He watched her for a second before agreeing with a nod. "Sure."

 

"Thanks," she murmured and reached for her water, suddenly feeling dryness in . 'Maybe I should've ordered that mimosa.' 

 

She heard him let out a chuckle before turning back to his food, which made her all the more curious. Did she do something funny or weird last night? 

 

'Aish! This is frustrating.' The more she thought about it, the more she wanted to know. However, she was determined not to ask. Hopefully, Taemin would soon forget all about it. 

 

When they were done with their meal, they almost got into an argument about the bill. She felt guilty for taking up his time when he could have spent his day relaxing, so she volunteered to pay. However, he was quick to put down his card, which didn't sit well with her. 

 

"Let me pay for this, at least," she insisted, pursing her lips. "I owe you for all the inconveniences I've caused." 

 

"It's okay. Don't worry about it," Taemin said, spinning the pen around his thumb before proceeding to sign the receipt. 

 

Even as they made their way out of the restaurant, Naeun was still sulky about not being the one to pay. "Send me your account details. I'll make a transfer," she proposed. 

 

Taemin stopped, turning to face her, which made her halt her steps. "What?" she asked, looking at him expectantly. 

 

He studied her face for a long moment before he let out a small sigh. Then he said, "Okay. You pay for next time." He then turned and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter