Chapter Four

Getting to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Four

 

Naeun was quite proud of herself. She made it right before the gates closed, given only the short time that she had. And since then, things have been smooth sailing so far. She got to work the next couple of days and managed to finish her shoot earlier than expected, which was supposed to take them about two days. This earned her about half a day to explore Paris. 

 

Even though half a day wasn't much, she was glad she still had time to go around before returning to Korea the next day. Besides, after that disastrous day in LA, she needed the time to relax and unwind. 

 

After briefly dropping by her hotel room to change her clothes, she first decided to explore one of Paris' well-known landmarks, the Louvre. She spent about an hour exploring the museum, spending more time on renowned displays such as the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo. As she walked around, her attention was captured by a pair of infamous lovers: the sculpture of Cupid and Psyche. 

 

The artwork was named 'Psyche Revived by Cupid's Kiss.' Studying the sculptures, she recalled the tale she had read years ago, evoking a bittersweet feeling. Cupid and Psyche's story explored themes like trust, jealousy, and resilience. Though the pair had a good ending, a privilege that some gods didn't get to have, they had to endure several ordeals to finally be together. 

 

"Is it worth it?" Naeun asked in a whisper, looking at the statue of Psyche basking in Cupid's embrace. She wondered if she could be as resolute and unyielding as Psyche. The more she stared at the lovers, the more curious she got. In the future, would there be someone she would be willing to take risks for?

 

After minutes of pondering, she decided to drop the question as she was yet to find the answer. Only time would tell. Someday. Maybe. 

 

Walking out of the museum, she continued exploring until she reached the Fontaine des Mers, probably one of Paris's most famous fountains. It was even featured in several well-known films, such as 'The Devil Wears Prada.'

 

Naeun was just about to take a picture when a name flashed on her screen. It was her friend from LA calling. 

 

"Allo," she greeted, mimicking a French accent.

 

She heard the sound of a door closing before her friend spoke. "How's Paris?" her friend greeted in a sing-song voice.

 

A smile appeared on Naeun's face. "My shoot ended early, so I got the chance to go around the city," she answered, taking a sip from her water bottle. 

 

"That's great! By the way, I heard something from the ajumma living next door."

 

Naeun tilted an eyebrow. Of course, her friend wouldn't just call to say 'hi.' She probably heard some gossip she couldn't wait to talk about, like someone having an affair or who's dating who. 

 

"Who's dating someone now?" Naeun asked disinterestedly. 

 

Her friend chuckled at her tone of indifference. "Apparently, you!" she could hear the amusement in her friend's tone.

 

Naeun almost choked on her water. "What?!" she asked inquisitively. "Did the old lady tell you that?" 

 

The old woman had been a long-time neighbor of her friend whom she got to meet after several visits to her friend. She was a sweet one, yet bored with her life after retiring. Therefore, she would often chat with Naeun's friend about random things, including gossip.

 

"She told me she saw you the other day with your boyfriend," her friend explained.

 

Naeun shook her head in disbelief. "You know that's not true, right?"

 

Another laugh came from the other line. "Of course," her friend chuckled. "I would know. I was just wondering who was the boyfriend she was talking about."

 

"Oh, that..." Naeun trailed, remembering she was with Taemin that day. She only told half of what happened to her friend, hoping to forget all about it. However, someone ended up seeing them. 

 

"Don't tell me..." she heard her friend gasp, "was that Taemin?! You were with him?"

 

"He was just helping-" She didn't get to finish explaining as her friend was quick to cut her off. 

 

"Omo! Really?! Naeun-ah..." Naeun could hear the teasing in her frien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter