Chapter Two

Getting to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Two

After a quick shower and a change of clothes, Naeun found herself half an hour later sitting with seven men, four of them looking badly hungover. They were all dressed in casual clothes, including her, who had to borrow Taemin's clothes. 

 

"Here, have some of this." Taemin placed a bowl of soup in front of her. "Taeyong made this hangover soup," he added.

 

Mark and Lucas, both of whom she assumed were the ones laughing from earlier, were busy drinking their soup. Meanwhile, Ten and Taeyong were quietly drinking their coffee. Baekhyun and Kai, on the other hand, were exchanging looks with Taemin, who sat beside her. The atmosphere was all too quiet, especially for this combination of men. Most of them were considered the loudest in their own respective groups.  

 

She uttered a 'thanks' and pretended to be busy with her soup. After the earlier spectacle, she didn't really know how to face them. She could still hear the chorus of voices yelling at her just mere seconds before she ended up in the pool. 

 

"By the way, Taemin hyung," Lucas spoke all of a sudden, turning his attention away from his soup, "aren't you supposed to leave-"

 

Before he could finish his question, Lucas was interrupted by Kai, who elbowed him on his side. 

 

"What?" Lucas turned to Kai with questioning eyes. His big eyes staring innocently at his hyung. 

 

Kai set his mug on the table before moving to whisper something to Lucas. Naeun saw how Lucas' eyes widened before nodding his head. "Oh, okay," he mumbled before returning back to his soup. 

 

Once again, the room turned silent.

 

Remembering Lucas' initial remark, Naeun turned to Taemin. "Are you supposed to go somewhere?" she spoke softly. 

 

His lips smiled faintly. "No," he answered, lightly shaking his head.

 

Around the same time, Baekhyun coughed, which sounded fake. Then Baekhyun mumbled something under his breath, which she didn't quite understand. He said something like, 'I'm not sure about that,' but she wasn't too sure.  

 

"Okay." She wasn't entirely convinced about Taemin's answer but decided to drop the topic. Besides, it still felt weird and surreal, casually conversing with him like this. They hadn't really spoken for years, aside from greeting each other during their birthdays, which she thought was another odd thing. 

 

When she finished the last spoon of her soup, she heard Taemin speak. "Do you want to call your friend? I have my phone in my room," he suggested, offering her an escape from the rest of SuperM. 

 

"Sure," she agreed and immediately stood up. She had mentioned earlier that she had lost her phone and wanted to call her friend.

 

They excused themselves from the rest of the group and were almost out of the dining room when Kai murmured something. "Do you really have to bring her to your room? You could've just easily brought your phone here," she heard him say in a teasing tone. His voice wasn't at all loud, but the entire room had surely heard him. 

 

Following Kai's remark was someone's snicker, followed by a chuckle. 

 

Naeun could feel blood rush to her face. 'Why does he have to say that?' Now she could feel the rest of the group's full attention on them. 

 

Taemin, on the other, just shook his head and ignored the rest of the group. "Let's go," he muttered, leading the way upstairs.

 

When they got to the room, Taemin reached for his phone from the inside pocket of his jacket draped over one of the chairs. Accepting the phone, Naeun went to the adjacent balcony, which she overlooked earlier when she woke up, to call her friend. It was a good thing she had her friend's number memorized.

 

After several tries, the call was finally connected. "Finally!" she exclaimed.

 

"Naeun?" her friend asked from the other line. "Is this Naeun?!"

 

She chuckled. "It's me."

 

"Yah! You did something weird, didn't you?!" came her friend's immediate remark. 

 

 "No," she denied. Although her friend wasn't entirely wrong, she's not going to admit it. She did something weird, after all.

 

Turning back to look inside the room. She saw Taemin entering the bathroom. 

 

Her friend snorted from the other line. "I know that tone," her friend said in a disbelieving voice. "Tell me, did you sleep with him?"

 

"Yah!" Naeun almost threw the phone off the balcony. It was a good thing Taemin was nowhere in sight. "What are you talking about?! Of cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter