Getting to You

Getting to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue:

________________________________________________________

'What just happened?' Taemin repeatedly questioned himself, sighing at the unexpected situation he was in. His eyes surveyed the half-empty parking lot before moving on to the sleeping person beside him. Hair tousled and lipstick slightly smudged to the side, she looked far from her put together persona, who always managed to smile sweetly at the cameras. Before him is another version of her unfamiliar to many. Foreign even to him. 

 

How many years had it been since he'd been this close to her like this? 

 

'Too long,' he thought, his lips curving into a half-smile.

 

He doesn't remember the exact numbers, but it sure was a long while since then. The moment the show ended was also the same time when things came to an end. It was like waking up from a sweet dream to face the bitter reality. Whatever was budding between them was harshly nipped before it even began to bloom. Unlike most conventional romances, theirs was cut short without a happy ever after. 

 

They were younger back then, but they knew enough how difficult it would be. With both their careers on the rise, they simply couldn't take the risk. This was the life they had chosen—a thrilling yet sometimes lonesome road filled with glamour, intrigues, and uncertainties. 

 

Hearing her mumble a string of incoherent words, he broke free from his thoughts and looked to see her shift in her seat. Seeing the frown on her face, he moved to adjust the backrest to get her into a more comfortable position. 

 

While at it, he unintentionally noticed how her dress's skirt had moved up, exposing most of her legs. Not letting his gaze linger for a second longer, he quickly averted his eyes back to the front. He then reached for her jacket from the backseat and used it to cover her legs. 

 

By the time he was done with his task, he had caught sight of the time on his watch. Two-thirty AM, it said. 

 

He cursed silently. 'I need to go,' he thought. The time reminded him of his initial dilemma. He had a scheduled flight to Paris from LA later that day. He still had a music video to shoot for his upcoming album. But then, what was he going to do with her? 

 

Watching her sleeping figure, he decided to wake her. "Naeun...Naeun-ssi?" He paused, his voice trailing as he contemplated. He wasn't sure how to address her. Addressing her formally felt strange. 

 

He tapped her shoulder. "Naeun-ah," he called again, deciding to go with how he used to call her. 

 

"Naeun-ah, wake up," he repeated. "Wake up. You need to tell me where you're staying so I can drop you off."

 

He waited for a reaction, but none came. He tried several times, but she remained asleep. Looking at her unbothered sleeping demeanor, it was evident that she wouldn't be waking up soon. She was completely out. 

 

"Just how much did you drink?" He questioned, knowing he would not get an answer. Running a hand through his hair, he recalled how this situation came to be.

 

SuperM just wrapped up their tour, with LA as their last stop, so they decided to go out and celebrate. Their younger members were having too much fun, so Kai and Baekhyun volunteered to stay to watch them. He, on the other hand, had to leave to get ready for his flight. Imagine his surprise when he bumped into Naeun as he was about to le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter